How is the Ryndam?

james'mommy

That review is excellent with lots of pics. The Ryndam is a more intimate ship. In this day with larger and larger ships, lots of us like to older smaller "S" class. I am going on the TA next month which will be my 19th Ryndam cruise. Was on the Eurodam last month, Tamarind and the new burger place are the best things by the two newest HAL ships.

Right now we are booked on the Eurodam for the Baltics but with the situation in the Ukraine we are pretty sure we are canceling. We are looking at a Norwegian fjords cruise as a replacement. Tell me about the Ryndam. I know she's old.

The Ryndam is 20 years old having commenced service in October' date=' 1994! And based upon my recent 14-Day Southern Caribbean cruise onboard, the ship was in excellent condition! ;)[/size']

We were on the Ryndam in 2010 and then again this past December. We thought she was in better shape now as compared to three years ago. We had a great cruise and have just booked a 36 day cruise on the Ryndam this fall.

I did a report, too - in case you are not already inundated - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1896249 - we loved the Norwegian fjords as well as m/s Ryndam. It was a great cruise.

Thanks for posting this link. I'll be on the Midnight Sun cruise on the Ryndam in June and your pictures and commentary have me more excited about seeing the fjords.

Right now we are booked on the Eurodam for the Baltics but with the situation in the Ukraine we are pretty sure we are canceling. We are looking at a Norwegian fjords cruise as a replacement. Tell me about the Ryndam. I know she's old.

Pardon my ignorance: but Ukraine is as far away from St Petersburg as Copenhagen: than all cruises towards Scandinavia in the Baltic should be avoided? A cruise in the Black Sea may not be as tempting. Having said that, we are on a HAL cruise to Istanbul soon and Istanbul is closer to Ukraine than St Petersburg. We are going in spite of the situation.

I'm sorry to hear this. Our roll call is nearly non-existent, I wonder if others are thinking the same way. :confused:

We plan to take this cruise, even if St. Petersburg is canceled. Hoping it won't be, of course.