Venice arriving same day

Michidoeme

We are joining the Celebrity Silhoutte out of Venice in Summer and will be arriving same day. What will be best - quickest, least stress, but reasonably priced - way to get from airport to cruise terminal ? Will the waterbus line do the job ? Not even sure which port they are leaving from.

Any advice appreciated.

Edited by Michidoeme

best - quickest, least stress, but reasonably priced .

I always prefer taking a taxi. Transfer to the port takes no more than 25 minutes and cost around Euros 35.

Water taxi might be the quickest but it would cost from Euros 90.

best - quickest, least stress, but reasonably priced .

I always prefer taking a taxi. Transfer to the port takes no more than 25 minutes and cost around Euros 35.

Water taxi might be the quickest but it would cost from Euros 90.

Surely a taxi is now €45 for a single journey from Marco Polo airport to the cruise terminal

I guess the least stressful would be to change your air reservation and arrive at least one day (a few days is even better) before your cruise. Depending on an airline to get you (and your luggage) to a cruise on embarkation day is an easy way to add lots of stress (and sometimes real heartache) to any cruise. But if you simply must arrive the day of the cruise, then we definitely agree that grabbing a land taxi is the fastest (and most convenient) way to get from airport to cruise port.

As to what you call the "Waterbus" in the case of the airport it would actually be the Alilaguna Blu Line. This boat would take you to a stop at the Maritima Port (hopefully the port being used by your ship) but the boat does take over 1 hour (a taxi takes about 20 min) and you have to walk the nearly 500 yards from the airport terminal to the airport docks.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Buying the transfer from the cruise line is another low stress (albeit more expensive than a taxi) way of doing it. Last year we were able to check our luggage to our cabin when we picked it up at the airport. We then got on the bus and checked in quickly on the ship.

Thanks a lot for all tips. Debating now on cruise line transfer, but most probably will just take taxi. Maybe water taxi for nice views/experience.

This is my first time of same day flying. As we just have a short European flight (an hour) and planned arrival at 10 am, figure this is not too much of a risk. If delayed, we still have time to join ship leaving at 5 pm (realize boarding must be some time before). In worst case scenario, e.g. cancelled flights due to strikes / vulcano erruptions, etc. can still take train night before.

I always have arrived the day before (Europe) or 2-3 days before (overseas), but this time wanted to treat my daughter (who is a nurse) to a short break and she can only take 7 days off, hence travelling same day as departure/arrival of ship. Return flight 2.40 pm.

Calculated risk, but I figure not too much of a risk.

Edited by Michidoeme

Private Water taxis are very, very expensive. Get the price before you get in, as you don't want any unpleasant surprises. My vote is regular taxi or cruise line transfer. We did private van and driver, but we had six people and luggage.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal