Help on MIA/Tampa Logistics

cruisingbajan

My wife and I are thinking of booking the Paradise out of Tampa on October 18 before our Ecstasy cruise on October 27.

Here is my situation...based on where we live the only airport we fly to is MIA. I have no idea where this is in relation to Tampa:(

How easy is it to get from MIA to Tampa? What is the best/cheapest mode of transportation?

Thanks in advance guys.

If you look at a map, you will see Tampa is on the west coast of Florida, a ways north of Miami.

You could look to see if Southwest, or anybody else flies there from Miami. Otherwise, a rental car is your choice, most likely.

Edited by CruiserBruce

If you look at a map, you will see Tampa is on the east coast of Florida, a ways north of Miami.

You could look to see if Southwest, or anybody else flies there from Miami. Otherwise, a rental car is your choice, most likely.

ummmmmm, unless they moved it, Tampa is on the WEST coast of Florida .....:rolleyes:

Tampa-Florida-Map.jpg

yes you can probably find a flight but I'd agree that renting a car and driving is your most cost effective option.

Driving ... once you get out of Miami this is not a bad drive at all ... across the state it is 'alligator alley' and then turns north towards Tampa. I-75 all the way. 4 hours or so ..... If you have time to kill consider skipping I-75 and taking highway 41 for the east-west part. You'll pass the old Indian stores and airboat rides and may spot some gators (the animals .. not the fans .. but sometimes hard to tell apart)

Edited by Capt_BJ

ummmmmm, unless they moved it, Tampa is on the WEST coast of Florida .....:rolleyes:

Tampa-Florida-Map.jpg

yes you can probably find a flight but I'd agree that renting a car and driving is your most cost effective option.

Oooooppppsss- typo. Fortunately there was still time to correct it!! :D;)

Here's what a flight from Tampa to Miami sounds like.

Pilot: We have reached our cruising altitude.

Seconds later. Pilot: Crew prepare for landing.

20 minute flight.

That's not true, there is NO cruising altitude - it's like a rainbow. It hits the high point, then begins its' descent. :)

Here's what a flight from Tampa to Miami sounds like.

Pilot: We have reached our cruising altitude.

Seconds later. Pilot: Crew prepare for landing.

20 minute flight.

Sounds like my kind of flight.:D

Edited by Bajan Keith

Can you not get to another island then fly to Miami?

It is sort of overkill to fly for four hours then turn around and have to drive a car for four more hours.

http://www.ITASoftware.com

I can fly direct o Miami from my country, my issue is getting to Tampa once we land at MIA.:(

My wife does not relish the thought of a 4 hour drive and she is not even the one who will be doing the driving.:eek::)