NCL Jade Entertainment

$hip$hape

"Our (NCL) fleet of ships offers the best live entertainment every day and every night."

With our cruise coming up in a few weeks on the NCL Jade, where may I find a list of shows and other entertainment ?

When I go to MyNCL there's "0" for entertainment.

Edited by $hip$hape

When we did b2b on the Jade in 2012 the entertainment changed from week one to two, its seem that when they hit a port one entertainer got off and another got on.

Exception being NCL'S own production show.

The entertainment on the Jade is not set up to nor do you need to make reservations for any shows just show up 15/20 before showtime to get decent seat.

There is no Blue Man, Legends or Cique shows on this cruise.

When we did b2b on the Jade in 2012 the entertainment changed from week one to two, its seem that when they hit a port one entertainer got off and another got on.

Exception being NCL'S own production show.

The entertainment on the Jade is not set up to nor do you need to make reservations for any shows just show up 15/20 before showtime to get decent seat.

There is no Blue Man, Legends or Cique shows on this cruise.

Thank you for your sensible reply. I understand what you are saying; some entertainment may change.

I'd just like to get an idea of what's on the ship.

Here's how this started. NCL just sent me a email. They remind us that the cruise will be here shortly, and we should "Start planning now!"

If I don't know what entertainment is scheduled on what night, how can I plan our evenings? It seems there's NO information because

on the Jade, NCL doesn't make any additional money on "the best live entertainment every day and every night".

The email from NCL says," If you have any questions, please call us at (800)327-7030, a Norwegian Cruise representative will be happy to assist you."

When I called and asked about entertainment on our cruise, he said, I see you booked through a Travel Agent. Call your TA and ask them.

(It seems they are only happy to assist with calls that make money.) :rolleyes:

Thank you for your sensible reply. I understand what you are saying; some entertainment may change.

I'd just like to get an idea of what's on the ship.

Here's how this started. NCL just sent me a email. They remind us that the cruise will be here shortly, and we should "Start planning now!"

If I don't know what entertainment is scheduled on what night, how can I plan our evenings? It seems there's NO information because

on the Jade, NCL doesn't make any additional money on "the best live entertainment every day and every night".

The email from NCL says," If you have any questions, please call us at (800)327-7030, a Norwegian Cruise representative will be happy to assist you."

When I called and asked about entertainment on our cruise, he said, I see you booked through a Travel Agent. Call your TA and ask them.

(It seems they are only happy to assist with calls that make money.) :rolleyes:

No, that message goes out to everyone. The fact that you booked through a TA means the TA "owns" the reservation. The TA is your point of contact for this trip. If you have questions or need assistance, the TA has been paid to take care of you. After you arrive at the pier, NCL will then be your point of contact. Whether or not you spend more money, you need to do it through the TA. There is no entertainment to book in advance on your ship. The schedules for entertainment is published on board for each day of your cruise.

$hip$hape I think your stressing yourself for no reason, seriously, relax and take the venues day by day as rvsullivan says.

Further to my first reply the entertainment may be later at say 8 verses the usual 7:30 there may also be only one show at night verses two on other ships that's because thus cruise is so port intensive.

You have a cruise director that has to make all announcements in 3/4 languages so timing consuming.

Be sure to catch the later shows in the lounges which will follow the main theater act as they are good, newlywed game and others.

This is an amazing cruise but it's not your typical Caribbean cruise.

"Our (NCL) fleet of ships offers the best live entertainment every day and every night."

With our cruise coming up in a few weeks on the NCL Jade, where may I find a list of shows and other entertainment ?

When I go to MyNCL there's "0" for entertainment.

I found what I was looking for:

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/jade/onboard/entertainment#tab_detail

And my mistake; I thought NCL was stating all their ships offer the best.

What they mean is, considering ALL of their ships, some will provide the best entertainment (for a fee).

Edited by $hip$hape

My DW and I will be on an NCL Jade cruise in April, 2014. Yes, it will be port intensive.

We do not normally stay up late.

But with the time zone difference, we may catch a few evening shows.

Have any recent pax on the Jade found an evening entertainment or two that they would recommend?

No, that message goes out to everyone. The fact that you booked through a TA means the TA "owns" the reservation. The TA is your point of contact for this trip. If you have questions or need assistance, the TA has been paid to take care of you. After you arrive at the pier, NCL will then be your point of contact. Whether or not you spend more money, you need to do it through the TA. There is no entertainment to book in advance on your ship. The schedules for entertainment is published on board for each day of your cruise.

Oh Brother...

I know about the daily schedule. However, NCL advises we should “plan ahead”.

I know that the TA owns the reservation .

I know that there are not any shows on the Jade for which you should pay extra.

Since my TA did not have a clue about entertainment, I asked for the “friendly” advice of a PCC.

After being on hold for 25 minutes, I found that the “friendly” NCL PCC did not know,

or/nor did not care about my question.

Therefore, I asked here, on CC, where I find most of my answers.

But here's where also find people like you, who would not do well on Jeopardy.

You seem to have the answers, but not the right questions.

I just wanted to know if there was a list of shows and other entertainment on the Jade.

But thank you anyway for your opinion.

Since Jade is overseas you can figure the entertainment may have some European performers. The shows most likely start between 7:30-8 pm. By planning ahead I assume they mean if you book a specialty resturant and go to a show the same night, you will need to work that out. If you don't plan on going to the specialty resturants but plan on doing normal dining rooms, then you can eat and go to any of the shows. Have fun. There are no big name shows on the Jade so you don't have to make online reservation like you do for Breakaway, Epic, etc.

Elements is a must-see show (be aware that you cannot get in once it starts).

Last time we were sailing, there were two arial acrobats who were excellent.

The crew show has some good bits in it (e.g. Fountains)

If RJ Red is still on the Jade (he seems to be there every time we sail on her), he is nice for easy listening over a cocktail or three.

My DW and I will be on an NCL Jade cruise in April, 2014. Yes, it will be port intensive.

We do not normally stay up late.

But with the time zone difference, we may catch a few evening shows.

Have any recent pax on the Jade found an evening entertainment or two that they would recommend?

We were on the March 12 - 22 Jade sailing. There were 2 or 3 guest performers - they are usually worth seeing. We went to the Tenors of Rock show which was excellent. I don't know if they will be back on board for your cruise though. We've seen Elements before so didn't go this time, but as a previous poster noted, it is worth seeing. We usually skip the Welcome aboard, magician and Shout shows. And I don't recommend the campy "Showdown" show. RJ Red was on our cruise and was very nice to listen to over an evening cocktail.

Have a terrific cruise.

Edited by herdingdogmom

Definitely second & third the other posters - Elements is FABULOUS! I was on the Jade in November 2013 - There was a magician (Cripton), SHOUT! The Musical, a violinist, the Tenors of Rock, a Spanish Ballet group, and a comedian/juggler Steve Rawlings. Some shows were better than others (just my personal taste), but all were done very well.

Have fun with whatever you choose!

4ever should be one of the acts on the Jade. They are fantastic!

Sure hope they are! I heard them once before and love them. Tenors of Rock sound good, too. We missed Elements on the Star (arrived too late and the show left the ship after first cruise of our back to back) so will try that. Found out from another thread that Gary is no longer the cruise director....very disappointing as he was a one man entertainment/lecture production team. Will skip seeing Shout, magic, acrobats and rest up for the next port. ShipShape is helping the rest of us plan our itineraries on roll call and it would be helpful to know when to cut the days shorter to plan for entertainment not to be missed.

Thank you ALL for adding to this thread .

Catherine and I will be sure to check and plan for the next day's entertainment with the help of the NCL Jade's “Freestyle Daily”

I made a list with some of your quotes, for reference, and hope to use this information in a review for future pax:

(let me know if there are any additions or corrections)

Elements - Music and dance production show “Must See” “Fabulous”

Shout ! The Mod Musical 60's music/dance & fashion

We've seen this show. I liked it for the memories; the mini-skirts helped keep my attention.

Meanwhile, my DW could not relate; fell asleep during the show... it was a long day.

Showdown - Four female Motown singers, an emcee and the Jade Orchestra “High Energy”

White Hot Party – Electric/Dance music - late night on pool deck

Comedy Variety Show – Stardust Theater (maybe) Steve Rawlings(?)

Magician (with comedy)

Piano Bar/ Lounges – (maybe) RJ Red w/guitar “He is nice for easy listening over a cocktail or three.”

4ever – four male singers were on the Jade March 22 sailing...more dates to come(?) “Loved them!”

Spanish Ballet Group - ?

In the past, we have seen local entertainment, come on to the ship from the port(s),

for a late afternoon show, then leave before shove off.

(NO) Tenors Of Rock – Five Male U.K. Voices. (Yes, Steve, I agree; it looks like we missed them, but I'm still checking.) “Excellent”

Michael

Edited by $hip$hape

Catherine and I will be sure to check and plan for the next day's entertainment with the help of the NCL Jade's “Freestyle Daily”

I made a list with some of your quotes, for reference, and hope to use this information in a review for future pax:

Showdown[/b] - Four female Motown singers, an emcee and the Jade Orchestra “High Energy”Michael

On our March 12 sailing, there were 2 male and 2 female singers in the showdown show. I don't believe they were Motown and may have been part of the production cast. Jill the Cruise Director was the "MC". The singing was good, but the show was rather campy with what looked like audience plants to "choose" the winner of each sing off round. We walked out half way through it.

We have seen the Tenors of Rock on two Norwegian ships: the Star in Sept. 2013 and the Jade in March. They said they do cruise ships gigs on and off. Definitely go to their show if they are on your sailing.

Edited by herdingdogmom

• 3 months later...

Elements - Music and dance production show “Must See” “Fabulous”

Shout ! The Mod Musical 60's music/dance & fashion

We've seen this show. I liked it for the memories; the mini-skirts helped keep my attention.

Meanwhile, my DW could not relate; fell asleep during the show... it was a long day.

Showdown - Four female Motown singers, an emcee and the Jade Orchestra “High Energy”

White Hot Party – Electric/Dance music - late night on pool deck

Comedy Variety Show – Stardust Theater (maybe) Steve Rawlings(?)

Magician (with comedy)

Piano Bar/ Lounges – (maybe) RJ Red w/guitar “He is nice for easy listening over a cocktail or three.”

4ever – four male singers were on the Jade March 22 sailing...more dates to come(?) “Loved them!”

Spanish Ballet Group - ?

In the past, we have seen local entertainment, come on to the ship from the port(s),

for a late afternoon show, then leave before shove off.

(NO) Tenors Of Rock – Five Male U.K. Voices. (Yes, Steve, I agree; it looks like we missed them, but I'm still checking.) “Excellent”

Michael

Are you able to tell me what time the shows were? A group of 25 of us are going on the cruise in August and since we are a big group we could pre-book reservations, but I want to plan around the shows. Thanks

Are you able to tell me what time the shows were? A group of 25 of us are going on the cruise in August and since we are a big group we could pre-book reservations, but I want to plan around the shows. Thanks

Here is a list of the main shows and times from our April cruise:

Day 1 Variety Show 7:45 & 9:30

Day 2 Speed Juggler 7:30 & 9:30

Day 3 Shout ! Musical 7:30 & 9:30

Day 4 Motown Show 7:30 & 9:30

Day 5 Magic Show 7:30 & 9:30

Day 6 Showdown 7:30 & 9:30

Day 7 Ivann (singer) 7:30 & 9:30

Day 8 Roberto & Dorota 7:30 & 9:30

Day 9 Spanish Ballet 7:30 & 9:30

Day 10 Elements 7:15 & 9:45

Day 11 Crew Show 8:30

Here is a list of the main shows and times from our April cruise:

Day 1 Variety Show 7:45 & 9:30

Day 2 Speed Juggler 7:30 & 9:30

Day 3 Shout ! Musical 7:30 & 9:30

Day 4 Motown Show 7:30 & 9:30

Day 5 Magic Show 7:30 & 9:30

Day 6 Showdown 7:30 & 9:30

Day 7 Ivann (singer) 7:30 & 9:30

Day 8 Roberto & Dorota 7:30 & 9:30

Day 9 Spanish Ballet 7:30 & 9:30

Day 10 Elements 7:15 & 9:45

Day 11 Crew Show 8:30

Thank you! This is so helpful. I wish the cruise line would just give us this info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 7 months later...

Last month, the acts I can remember were....

- Elements - same old

- Motown type male foursome - was quite good

- Shout - not as good as previously, I think they've started writing their own NCL 60s songs to avoid royalties

- Awful Greek/German magician, although he did make pretty girls appear out of nowhere

- EE strongman and girl

- some rather odd act I swerved, possibly involving some kind of stringed instrument