Diamond balcony discount for shorter cruises?

Lotus8

I've read about various recent benefit changes, but one I'm reading conflicting things is about whether or not diamond balcony discount still applies for shorter 3-5 day cruises?

Thanks in advance for the info.

I've read about various recent benefit changes, but one I'm reading conflicting things is about whether or not diamond balcony discount still applies for shorter 3-5 day cruises?

Thanks in advance for the info.

I was just on the phone with C & A regarding pricing for a 5 day on the Explorer (balcony) she told me the diamond discount was $125 because it's a short cruise. I asked if the 7 day is still $225 for diamond and she said yes.

Funny, last night I was doing a mock booking for a balcony on the Oasis and my discount was $226:eek: Really - $226??? ha ha

I was just on the phone with C & A regarding pricing for a 5 day on the Explorer (balcony) she told me the diamond discount was $125 because it's a short cruise. I asked if the 7 day is still $225 for diamond and she said yes.

Funny, last night I was doing a mock booking for a balcony on the Oasis and my discount was $226:eek: Really - $226??? ha ha

Same thing when I priced out a cruise not long ago. I don't know why the extra dollar.

Same thing when I priced out a cruise not long ago. I don't know why the extra dollar.

Most of the time the summary of charges seem to be at least rational. :)But the other day I did a mock booking and got ($221) on the left side and a +$4 on the right side. Who knows what the programmers did?

HAHA....I just booked an 11 nighter on Serenade and my discount was $326 instead of the usual $325. A whole extra dollar. lol

So, as of this morning my page still looks the same. No short cruise balcony discount and still $250 diamond balcony discount for booking 6 mos out. [FYI-PL EM and D+ same amount] They can not fix this glitch.:confused: By leaving the page up-I think I read correctly on another thread that an emerald member got the $250 discount. And rightly so. I'd be all over that right now.

Think what you want but this is way more then a glitch. Bad and incompetent business procedure plain and simple. Someone said on another thread that IT issues should not change your cruise line of choice. Hell yeah. If they can not figure out a website-it does reflect on all aspects of the business. Heck-we're out at sea with this company!!:eek:

You mean to tell me they can not even disable the C&A benefits page while fixing this problem? Come on. Really.:rolleyes:

So, as of this morning my page still looks the same. No short cruise balcony discount and still $250 diamond balcony discount for booking 6 mos out. [FYI-PL EM and D+ same amount] They can not fix this glitch.:confused: By leaving the page up-I think I read correctly on another thread that an emerald member got the $250 discount. And rightly so. I'd be all over that right now.

Think what you want but this is way more then a glitch. Bad and incompetent business procedure plain and simple. Someone said on another thread that IT issues should not change your cruise line of choice. Hell yeah. If they can not figure out a website-it does reflect on all aspects of the business. Heck-we're out at sea with this company!!:eek:

You mean to tell me they can not even disable the C&A benefits page while fixing this problem? Come on. Really.:rolleyes:

Valid points, but be prepared, I'm sure you'll get flamed for posting it :p.

Someone posted on one of these threads that they sent RCL a screen shot of the discount page and got "goodwill" gesture of that amount applied to their booking. Not sure if it would work again for anyone.:rolleyes:

There are Special Rates for Balcony and Suite Stateroom for upper tier C&S members... THIS HAS NOT CHANGED!! Sailing on 3 & 4 day cruises DO get these special rates, if you are an upper tier C&A member.

Directly from the Member Benefits Page...

12 Special Rates on Balcony and Suite Staterooms is a dollar off discount to applicable balcony and suite categories only available to Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Savings are not redeemable for cash and non transferable. When reserving the applicable offer code and a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation. Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society member will receive an increased discount for making a reservation for a sail date outside of 6 (six) months. This offer can only be combined with the Onboard Booking Bonus while making a reservation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer, including, but not limited to Shareholder Benefits, dollars off and onboard credit offers, MyCruiseSM Upgrades, Companion Fare and Free Cruise promotions and benefits. Offer can be used in conjunction with crown & Anchor exclusive Onboard Booking Bonus. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates; space is subject to availability at the time of making your reservation. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive precruise number at (888) 437-1953 to answer additional questions or to make arrangements.

There is not, at this time, an OBC for booking on board / or future cruise certificate for any cruise less than 5 days.

Two entirely different things... but you can combine them for a sailing longer than 5 days or longer.

Edited by LindaO

Someone posted on one of these threads that they sent RCL a screen shot of the discount page and got "goodwill" gesture of that amount applied to their booking. Not sure if it would work again for anyone.:rolleyes:

Why just for that one?? It should be for all booking done while the page says what it says. It has been like this for 2 days now. a glitch is an hour or so until they shut a page down and fix a problem. If that's what the page says-that's what the consumer can fight for if care to. Good business is to give the consumer what they told them they would get via the internet.

LindaO-I am quoting what the membership page states when I sign in right NOW. It says, as a D member-I am entitled to a $250 balcony discount 6 months prior to sailing. As does PL-EM and D+-we all get the same according to the website page. Yours states no monetary value whatsoever so you need to go to the members page to see the amount.