equinox high price increase

cruisehome

I have been watching this cruise and deciding whether to book or go with princess

to my great surprise the the price has gone up quite bit

does any one know why and for those in the know will the prices come back down

thanks so much

the Equonix on Nov 4

Nov 4th? 2014? She doesn't sail on that day.....

Looks like it is Nov 10th and 21st. Unless you are talking about 2015?

sorry I do mean NOv 10th

why are the prices higher - I should have booked sooner

Most of the time it really is the law of "supply and demand"......

But we are in March so you never know.....they could come down.

There is really no way to tell for sure.

That far out is making it too early to discount. As you get closer, if cabins aren't moving, the prices will drop. One other thing you might be able to do, it'll take some work, but try to find a travel agent who has prebooked a bunch of cabins on this cruise. They get a much lower price by buying in quantity so they normally pass part of the savings on to the customer. We are booked on the last Med cruise in Europe, plus the transatlantic coming back to the U.S., on this ship, and we paid $700 p.p. less than booking directly through Celebrity.

I checked earlier, and they have a block of rooms booked on this cruise also. Best price for a balcony guarantee is about $1500 p.p., taxes and fees included. Even this is more than I would pay. Giving travel agents names on this board is strictly prohibited.

now I am really disappointed was deciding between equinox and princess royal

did not like the things I read about the royal small balconies, no middle stairs, no room at the top to see out of and listen to music to at night

question- is there music in the piazza with different kinds of bands like on the reflection - I loved that

I just came across a picture of the balcony on the royal

have made up my mind - way too small for me

will have to wait for a good price on the equinox

someone also made the suggestion to call a couple of the travel sites that buy a block of rooms and maybe their prices will be better

worth a try

sorry I do mean NOv 10th

why are the prices higher - I should have booked sooner

We booked early and prices have gone up. Maybe you' ll get a drop if you keep checking.....if u book, join the roll call....

We booked that cruise in October and our cabin has gone from 1450 to 1900.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you on the roll call and signed up for the cruise critic party.?

Why is anyone surprised or questioning that the price of Celebrity/RCCL cruises are going up?? Have you looked at the stock price? Over $50 and has a price target of $60 in the next six months. The beginning was the change in the Captain's Club program and the lowering of the OBC you receive for purchasing Passages.They changed the program to benefit THEM and their stockholders. Not us. As they changed the program, they started bumping up the fares. No surprise to me.

Edited by SHill64

We booked that cruise in October and our cabin has gone from 1450 to 1900.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We booked our A2 cabin on the Silhouette transatlantic this November for $1650 p/p. Now it's $3179 p/p. This cruise was booked BEFORE the Captain's Club changes.

Shaun

Edited by SHill64

Transatlantic crossings often drop to very low prices about 3 months from sailing, hope you get lucky.

We booked our A2 cabin on the Silhouette transatlantic this November for $1650 p/p. Now it's $3179 p/p. This cruise was booked BEFORE the Captain's Club changes.

Shaun

The cruise that the OP is considering is not a TA. We will be on the Equinox TA that is scheduled to dock Nov 10 at FT. Lauderdale. :D

I just came across a picture of the balcony on the royal

have made up my mind - way too small for me

will have to wait for a good price on the equinox

someone also made the suggestion to call a couple of the travel sites that buy a block of rooms and maybe their prices will be better

worth a try

This is a good suggestion as long as you are flexible as to cabin class. We saved a bundle by booking an A2(on the Nov 10 cruise). Of course, you do risk a cancellation fee, so be sure before you book!

If you do book this cruise, I hope you come over and join our very fun and active Roll Call.

We've been tracking several cruises later this year, and, yes, the prices have skyrocketed. Fortunately, we can either find a different cruise line or a different place to vacation on land. We have cruised so much over the years that the bloom is off the rose. In fact last week, disembarking from our fourth cruise in four months, my wife asked plaintively, "Do we really want to do this again" Well, yes, at least once more on a TA next month, but maybe not on another TA we had just booked on board for November. Celebrity is in business to make money, and I have no problem with that. But I am in business to save money and the two of us might not be able to reach agreement any more. The decision will be much more easily made if we feel we are "cruised out".

Edited by BosoxI

We booked the Nov 10th the middle of Jan this year and our 1A balcony cabin is up $520 pp and now sold out along with all OV's. One of our friends is part of a group that may still have something open.

The sailing the week after is the Thanksgiving cruise and is a lot less than ours, hard to figure why.

Hi Lois!

You really know it is because this is the Reunion sailing of the 2nd JW great Reflection Adventure!

Edited by wallie5446