Interesting offer from X .

dolittle

Yesterday in the mail we found X's folding post card with a offer I had never seen before.It included 2 nights at Westin times square (free parking) , ticket to any broadway show or Mets or Yankees game or New York city pass. 7 night cruise Bermuda (free parking at port) ,classic beverage package and non alocholic and internet package for third and fourth guests in stateroom. It starts at 1,599 while not dirt cheap if you add it up it sounds like a pretty nice trip for those who would like to have some time in N.Y. before there cruise.While it is not right for us this year I have to give them credit for trying some new ideas . I have noticed they are charging more and giving you more with there 1 2 3 and these offers I hope it works for them and us.

There's a very nice pkg. being offered now with a five day stay in Africa at four- and five-star properties, on the way to a Black Sea cruise on the Connie in October. I had never seen anything like that advertised, either ... other than the Machu Picchu add-on to the Galapagos cruises. And the Iguazu Falls add-on to the Antartica and So. America cruises.

We received the same offer in yesterday's mail as well, with it tweaked for us California residents compared to the OP who's from Pennsylvania. Instead of free parking in Bayonne, the package included transfers from Airport to Manhattan, Manhattan to Bayonne, then Bayonne back to airport.

We were impressed to see =X= marketing packages such as this.

I almost booked the African safari/black sea combo, then I read the fine print. The safari portion is 1st and due to weight limits on the vehicles each person is allowed a total of 32 lbs of luggage; carry-ons, personal items and luggage combined. Jeez, there are days when I swear my purse alone weighs 32 lbs! No way can I do a 5 day safari then 12 day cruise with formal nights etc. with only 32 lbs of stuff. (but I secretly wish I was the kind of person who could!);)

I almost booked the African safari/black sea combo, then I read the fine print. The safari portion is 1st and due to weight limits on the vehicles each person is allowed a total of 32 lbs of luggage; carry-ons, personal items and luggage combined. Jeez, there are days when I swear my purse alone weighs 32 lbs! No way can I do a 5 day safari then 12 day cruise with formal nights etc. with only 32 lbs of stuff. (but I secretly wish I was the kind of person who could!);)

Too bad they won't hold the rest of your luggage.

Or perhaps you could ship one big suitcase ahead to Istanbul?!

We have a difficult time meting the 49 lb international requirements on European flights. Now if they could only invent ultra-light formalware.

Perhaps there is a reason the Black Sea is discounted, considering the Crimean thing.

Maybe the solution would be the nudist cruise that's been mentioned in 2015. Of course, the airlines might take issue

Yesterday in the mail we found X's folding post card with a offer I had never seen before.It included 2 nights at Westin times square (free parking) , ticket to any broadway show or Mets or Yankees game or New York city pass. 7 night cruise Bermuda (free parking at port) ,classic beverage package and non alocholic and internet package for third and fourth guests in stateroom. It starts at 1,599 while not dirt cheap if you add it up it sounds like a pretty nice trip for those who would like to have some time in N.Y. before there cruise.While it is not right for us this year I have to give them credit for trying some new ideas . I have noticed they are charging more and giving you more with there 1 2 3 and these offers I hope it works for them and us.

What type of room do you book for the 1,599 and is it for any Bermuda sailing or a specific date? I live on Long Island so I will probably never receive this offer. I would like to see a Broadway show since I have never been to one. Lived a stones through from Manhattan my entire life and never got around to doing this. My wife has dragged me to the Opera twice. She received complementary tickets. Best nap time I have ever had.

What type of room do you book for the 1,599 and is it for any Bermuda sailing or a specific date?

The entry level pricing is for oceanview category 8. Sail dates May through August 2014. There is no inside cabin offering, which I assume is to keep consistent with the Classic drink package part of the promotion which requires oceanview category at minimum.

Incidentally, to us here in California they're advertising it at $1499 IF you also use ChoiceAir for your air arrangements. If you choose to do your own air, then it's $1599 starting price.

Edited by BEAV

We have a difficult time meting the 49 lb international requirements on European flights. Now if they could only invent ultra-light formalware.

Perhaps there is a reason the Black Sea is discounted, considering the Crimean thing.

We travel to Europe at least once a year for a cruise, with the whole trip never costing less than $6000. We always pay for either an extra piece of luggage or an overweight bag. If you pay an additional $200 in baggage fees, that's less than 4% of the cost of the vacation. Well worth having everything you need for the three weeks you're away from home. JMHO.

Shaun

Actually it's 23 kilos/51lbs.

SDT

The entry level pricing is for oceanview category 8. Sail dates May through August 2014. There is no inside cabin offering, which I assume is to keep consistent with the Classic drink package part of the promotion which requires oceanview category at minimum.

Incidentally, to us here in California they're advertising it at $1499 IF you also use ChoiceAir for your air arrangements. If you choose to do your own air, then it's $1599 starting price.

That's pricey for an ocean view. Last week I could have booked in CC for $999. May sailing. However I know it would cost more than $500 for hotel and theater tickets. It seems like a good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you pass that up because of a luggage restriction? Buy whatever else you need for the cruise in Europe

We got it too! Already booked and got the Classic drink package included. But that is really a great deal for 1599 pp. Tickets to a broadway show now are about 150-600 each. Hotels are very expensive in NYC. what a great pre cruise adventure!

We got it too! Already booked and got the Classic drink package included. But that is really a great deal for 1599 pp. Tickets to a broadway show now are about 150-600 each. Hotels are very expensive in NYC. what a great pre cruise adventure!

How do the Broadway show tickets work? Can you choose any show you wish, or are you given a list to choose from?

Transfers, Westin hotel and 2 broadway tickets would cost almost as much as the cruise fare alone. I'm serious.

Not even close. The Westin for 5/29-5/31 is $325 a night. Show tickest may be $100 each and the Westin would probably take you to Bayonne for free.

SDT

Not even close. The Westin for 5/29-5/31 is $325 a night. Show tickest may be $100 each and the Westin would probably take you to Bayonne for free.

SDT

We'll, I know for a fact the Hilton TImes Square doesn't have a free shuttle to Brooklyn let alone Bayonne. But maybe the Westin is a little more liberal.

To make a rational decision whether or not the package is a good value, the actual sail date comes into play. For example, an ocean view cabin on a date in May was going for $769 where the same category on a late July date is $1,100. These are today's prices, of course, with July obviously being the better value with regard to the package.

We'll, I know for a fact the Hilton TImes Square doesn't have a free shuttle to Brooklyn let alone Bayonne. But maybe the Westin is a little more liberal.

To make a rational decision whether or not the package is a good value, the actual sail date comes into play. For example, an ocean view cabin on a date in May was going for $769 where the same category on a late July date is $1,100. These are today's prices, of course, with July obviously being the better value with regard to the package.

Is the July booking entry price still $1599 or does the price jump up to reflect the higher rate for sailing at that time?

Is the July booking entry price still $1599 or does the price jump up to reflect the higher rate for sailing at that time?

That was my initial question, thinking the $1599 advertised price was for a specific sail date (like the lower-priced cruise-only rates in May vs. July). But the * besides the $1599 price refers to Celebrity's right to impose fuel surcharges.

More of the fine print below seems to indicate the $1599 rate applies to all sail dates May 4-Aug 31, which is why higher-priced cruise-only sail dates make the package a more attractive deal than dates such as in May where you can get an oceanview for $769.

*Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement of up to $10 per guest per day on all guests if the prices of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds $65 per barrel. The fuel supplement for the first and second guests would be no more than $10 per guest per day to a maximum if $140 per cruise; and for additional guests would be no more than $5 per person per day, to a maximum of $70 per cruise.

Package is per person and must be purchased by each guest in the stateroom. Package applies to 7-night Bermuda sailings on Celebrity Summit departing May 4-Aug. 31, 2014, and for all ocean view and up categories ("Offer Cruise"). Package includes Offer Cruise; 2 Night pre-cruise accommodations in a 4-star hotel in Manhattan selected by Celebrity (one hotel room per stateroom); choice of Broadway show tickets, baseball tickets, or a New York Pass; one onboard Classic Beverage Package for the first/second guests in a single/double occupancy booking and a non-alcoholic Classic Beverage Package that applies to third/fourth guests in a triple/quad occupancy booking plus a 38-minute Internet package; and transfers between airport, hotel and pier. Transportation to/from shows or sporting events not included. Show and sporting event tickets may be reserved after final payment and are subject to availability at time of reservation request. Offer is subject to availability and subject to change without notice. Guests who book air travel independently must provide air travel information to Celebrity at least 3 weeks prior to departure to reserve transfers.

- See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?icid=spe_bt_brndgn_1401_spcl_lk_820514&pagename=local_bermuda_package_promotion#sthash.xoVZgV6Q.dpuf

That was my initial question, thinking the $1599 advertised price was for a specific sail date (like the lower-priced cruise-only rates in May vs. July). But the * besides the $1599 price refers to Celebrity's right to impose fuel surcharges.

More of the fine print below seems to indicate the $1599 rate applies to all sail dates May 4-Aug 31, which is why higher-priced cruise-only sail dates make the package a more attractive deal than dates such as in May where you can get an oceanview for $769.

*Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement of up to $10 per guest per day on all guests if the prices of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds $65 per barrel. The fuel supplement for the first and second guests would be no more than $10 per guest per day to a maximum if $140 per cruise; and for additional guests would be no more than $5 per person per day, to a maximum of $70 per cruise.

Package is per person and must be purchased by each guest in the stateroom. Package applies to 7-night Bermuda sailings on Celebrity Summit departing May 4-Aug. 31, 2014, and for all ocean view and up categories ("Offer Cruise"). Package includes Offer Cruise; 2 Night pre-cruise accommodations in a 4-star hotel in Manhattan selected by Celebrity (one hotel room per stateroom); choice of Broadway show tickets, baseball tickets, or a New York Pass; one onboard Classic Beverage Package for the first/second guests in a single/double occupancy booking and a non-alcoholic Classic Beverage Package that applies to third/fourth guests in a triple/quad occupancy booking plus a 38-minute Internet package; and transfers between airport, hotel and pier. Transportation to/from shows or sporting events not included. Show and sporting event tickets may be reserved after final payment and are subject to availability at time of reservation request. Offer is subject to availability and subject to change without notice. Guests who book air travel independently must provide air travel information to Celebrity at least 3 weeks prior to departure to reserve transfers.

- See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?icid=spe_bt_brndgn_1401_spcl_lk_820514&pagename=local_bermuda_package_promotion#sthash.xoVZgV6Q.dpuf

Anyone here ever go to Europe and get a pre-cruise hotel package? It is usually UBER-expensive. I think this is a bargain.