MS Eurodam & MS Nieuw Amsterdam Sail-Away- March 23, 2014

aliaschief

I'll be the first to admit that I probably post to much during sail-aways.

Let me clarify when I commented on another thread about play by play. Yesterday, three of us commented and posted at the same exact time that Constellation was on Her way. IMO with the different cameras there is nothing wrong with that. Just alerting folks watching and no way of knowing if others are aware.

Once we are all focused that a ship is moving and we are all watching it on the cam IMO it is not necessary to post the ship is turning. We can all see that. That is what I mean't by Play by Play and I can assure you that I have done it many times.

Frankly, sail-away has been going on for a couple of years and has entertained a lot of folks.

So if your one of CC members that enjoy sharing in the camaraderie of watching Sail-Aways keep on watching.

If it ain't broke no need to fix it.:)

I'll be here, hoping for better listening today. I don't think anyone needs to apologize for "posting too much" - it's kind of fun, although I am usually the slowpoke on the block. I sometimes wonder if we're going to bring down the CC site with everyone posting at the same second. It's a test of the system, I imagine! Anyone who's not interested can just do their own thing.:)

I

So if your one of CC members that enjoy sharing in the camaraderie of watching Sail-Aways keep on watching.

Noooo! :eek: They strap me down, pry my eyelids open, and keep hitting refresh on my computer.

Make it stop! :D

Seriously though, I find it incomprehensible that people can't just ignore that which doesn't interest them.

I'll be back later to spend time and enjoy being with my sailaway friends. Glad of the company as DH will be out at a meeting.

Even dreamt about watching sailaway last night. How sad is that. :rolleyes:

When I get here later I'll be glad of any chat about whatever while I'm watching. :)

Did anyone hear anything about the Seabourn Quest? She sailed last night around 10 pm for a transatlantic, but came steaming back into Port Everglades around 1:10 am. I can't see if she's here yet, as the view to her berth is blocked by Sky Harbor.

We didn't see anything on the Seabourn board.

Edited by POA1

I wonder if she had a medical emergency and had to come back to disembark someone. It doesn't seem a long time that she was in port.

The schedule shows she came in at 00:30 and out at 01:15

We figured that they couldn't remember if they left the lights on or locked the door. ;)

That would stink if you embarked on a 26 voyage and only made it two hours. I guess that's what insurance is for. Luckily they didn't get to the middle of the Atlantic. :(

Thanks Chief for the reminder. I watched the Quest leave last night but did not see her come back into PE. Certainly it had to be some sort of emergency.

Will try to be here but spring planting has me working hard getting my flower beds ready. Hopefully sailaway will go better today for all of us with no server problems.:)

I was wondering about Seabourn Quest last night as well. According to the Harbor Master's page she came back into the port from the buoy and when she sailed at 1:15, she went to the bouy. Something obviously must have been wrong.

Checking in after an eventful half hour trying to catch a pet rabbit, (not mine I add) spotted by passers by on my driveway :eek: I live on a busy main road and they were afraid it would go on the road. After chasing the poor terrified thing around my front garden for a while it escaped along the street and took refuge in a neighbours garage.:)

Life can be so eventful. Now let's see what sailaway has to offer.

Nice of them to thank for a "fruitful" visit! Haven't heard that before.

I agree. And, this was the Captain who a couple of weeks ago was very unhappy with the tardiness of the line handlers.

Really wonder who this fellow is.