Buying Bottles of Wine

I did a search and all threads were archived. Just want to make sure I have the most current info possible.

Looking to buy bottles of wine as I want (need??:rolleyes:), not a pre-determined number of bottles, thus do not want to do the wine & dine package.

So my question(s):

Can I go to any bar and purchase a bottle of wine? Or only in the MDR?

If the answer is the latter, will they hold the bottle for future dinners (doing traditional seating)? Can I take it with me for the night? Either or?

TIA!

Yes, you may purchase a bottle of wine at any bar, but the selection of wines available will differ from those in the main dining room. The main dining room will gladly hold bottles for you for subsequent dinners, or you can take it with you... they'll accommodate whatever you'd like to do.

I did a search and all threads were archived. Just want to make sure I have the most current info possible.

Looking to buy bottles of wine as I want (need??:rolleyes:), not a pre-determined number of bottles, thus do not want to do the wine & dine package.

So my question(s):

Can I go to any bar and purchase a bottle of wine? Or only in the MDR?

If the answer is the latter, will they hold the bottle for future dinners (doing traditional seating)? Can I take it with me for the night? Either or?

TIA!

Just to be sure you are aware if it has been a while since you sailed with RCI, you can also now take two bottles of wine of 750 ml max. on board per stateroom at original embarkation.

If you take the bottles to a venue that serves alcohol you may be subject to a $25 corkage fee, but glasses of wine can be taken anywhere on board without the fee. Your room steward will bring you glasses, ice, and an opener if needed,

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Yes, you may purchase a bottle of wine at any bar, but the selection of wines available will differ from those in the main dining room. The main dining room will gladly hold bottles for you for subsequent dinners, or you can take it with you... they'll accommodate whatever you'd like to do.

...welcome back, Marc!

Thanks for your help!!! Glad to know!

Just to be sure you are aware if it has been a while since you sailed with RCI, you can also now take two bottles of wine of 750 ml max. on board per stateroom at original embarkation.

If you take the bottles to a venue that serves alcohol you may be subject to a $25 corkage fee, but glasses of wine can be taken anywhere on board without the fee. Your room steward will bring you glasses, ice, and an opener if needed,

Oh I am well aware!!! Already have them ready to go along w/ an opener, but with 2 people in a room for 9 nights, 2 bottles is not enough!

Can you buy a couple of small bottles of wine while in port and bring the, back onboard or would they be confiscated?

They say that the 2 bottles are only allowed upon initial embarkation, none from ports of call.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app