Getaway & Breakaway Fire Sale

grandgeezer

I just got an e-mail from my online travel agent about a huge sale. Both ships have balconys for $749 p.p. with a $400 per cabin obc. It shows just about every sailing betwee September, to just before Christmas as available for this deal. They say it's for the first 200 cruises booked. This is a travel agent that I've booked about a dozen cruises through over the last 6-8 years. so I know it's the real deal.

I've been cruising for many many years and usually, when new ships come out, the prices are a lot higher than the other ships. What is going on???

I really doubt the $400 OBC per cabin when they only do $300 Fpr Havens and suites.

Something isn't added up.

So did you book anything?

They state that it is double the normal $200 obc given. There is no doubt in my mind that this is legit.

No, I didn't book anything as I'm a dyed in the wool Celebrity fan. I was just wondering why the new ships are so cheap.

I just got an e-mail from my online travel agent about a huge sale. Both ships have balconys for $749 p.p. with a $400 per cabin obc. It shows just about every sailing betwee September, to just before Christmas as available for this deal. They say it's for the first 200 cruises booked. This is a travel agent that I've booked about a dozen cruises through over the last 6-8 years. so I know it's the real deal.

I've been cruising for many many years and usually, when new ships come out, the prices are a lot higher than the other ships. What is going on???

Sounds like a TA sale - not a NCL sail. They would not give a $400 OBC for a balcony cabin, nor limit it to the first 200 cabins.

Got the same mailing, definitely a TA sale, 749 plus $200 obc, plus for first 200 bookings they will double to $400. Small print says only 25 deals per sailing....

But wait there's more ! Book in the next 10 minutes and we'll double the offer. Just pay seperate P & H for the second cabin...

Edited by NYcruzzer

But wait there's more ! Book in the next 10 minutes and we'll double the offer. Just pay seperate P & H for the second cabin...

LOL Good one!! Glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read it!

Rochelle

Edited by rochelle_s

Sooooooooo....Why not just ask your online TA what is going on?? Is there some reason that they won't explain it to you?? :rolleyes:

I booked this sale at the same TA.

Total Fare: $2,036.68 USD

This is 4 of us with 2 being KSF and a $400 OBC (confirmed on phone). A deal I couldn't pass up since I had a FCC I bought on our last cruise.

I really doubt the $400 OBC per cabin when they only do $300 Fpr Havens and suites.

Something isn't added up.

So did you book anything?

It is surprising. I got the same email from a reputable online agency (one you see on CC emails all the time). The extra $200 is for the first 200 bookings, but there is $200 just for the balcony booking.

I'm thinking this agency has a LOT of cabins blocked off by NCL in an effort to fill up the ships. Fire sale indeed.

Thanks for the LOL. :-D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is weird, it is giving me a "BC" category for 5 people. Is that even possible? And it is only giving $100.00 OBC not $400.00

Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

Itinerary: 7-day Bermuda From New York

Cabin: Balcony #WTL (BC)

Deck: To Be Assigned

Pricing Summary

Passenger Fare Taxes/Fees Total

#1) $979.00 $185.91 $1,164.91 USD

#2) $979.00 $185.91 $1,164.91 USD

#3) $0.00 $175.91 $175.91 USD

#4) $0.00 $175.91 $175.91 USD

#5) $0.00 $175.91 $175.91 USD

Subtotal: $1,958.00 $899.55 $2,857.55 USD