Diamond to Diamond Plus

I am a Diamond member and will become a Diamond + on my cruise in April ( I am 2 points away now). Will I receive Diamond + benefits on this cruise or not until my next cruise?

We had the same situation (2 points away) and it wasn't until our next cruise that we were officially D+...and loved the perks we got with our first cruise as a D+ since it was on the Oasis.

I am a Diamond member and will become a Diamond + on my cruise in April ( I am 2 points away now). Will I receive Diamond + benefits on this cruise or not until my next cruise?

I will also become D+ after my cruise in April, and most probably my forst cruise after that will be on the Oasis.:)

We are doing a B2B in July on FOS and will become D+ after the first day on the 2nd leg. Will they switch our cards if I ask?

No - this is the same thing OP is asking, about becoming D+ in the middle of a cruise. You get credit only after the cruise is completed. Sorry.

We are doing a B2B in July on FOS and will become D+ after the first day on the 2nd leg. Will they switch our cards if I ask?

When we were on a back to back and earned enough points to become diamond on the first cruise, the loyalty ambassador placed a sticker on our cards indicating our new status but only for the second cruise. Since points take a week to post, the second leg of the cruise room keys still had our old status.

We had to ask for the stickers and were were delivered new coupons books (the old days before them being posted on your card). I don't know how the higher status coupons would work now with the new system.

Some people have reported getting the higher level perks during the cruise by asking the LA. It couldn't hurt to try.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I will also become D+ after my cruise in April, and most probably my forst cruise after that will be on the Oasis.:)

Great plan! We did Allure as our first D+ cruise. The Concierge Lounge on Oasis and Allure is fantastic. It has 2 story (although the lounge only uses the lower floor) floor to ceiling windows that overlook the Boardwalk. They serve a limited, but nice breakfast and lunch. You can't get Eggs Benedict, but can get an omelette. But it is such a nice place to go. Great service and quiet. At lunch you can get free beer or wine. You don't actually have to eat, but there is a nice selection of lunch choices. But if you just want a glass of wine during the lunch hour, it's available. And of course the happy hour is also very nice.

You will really enjoy this perk on this ship!

My DH and I only had 2 points to go on our Jan2014 cruise aboard the Serenade to become diamond plus as well, but sad to say we had to wait until our next cruise last month on the Explorer to utilize diamond plus benefits, and the concierge lounge perks. The perks for Diamond on the Serenade were just as nice. DH called C&A weekly after Jan cruise to make sure status was updated before we cruised in Feb. We were hoping to attain d+ status before our Quantium cruise in 2015, which we did by taking the Jan cruise. Enjoy your new perks.