Has anyone met their significant other on a cruise?

Kobayashi

I met a couple on my last cruise that mentioned they had met each other on a cruise and were making it an annual tradition to go on the cruise they met (Carnival 4 day out of Long Beach). They both lived in So Cal so it made it easier. It reminded me of the Love Boat. Great couple. I'm a solo traveler so the couple wanted to share their story with me.

Has anyone met their significant other while cruising?

I met my husband on the Carnival Valor in June, 2007. I was with my friend and her two sons, and my husband was with his parents and siblings..the ship sailed out of Florida. We were both from the Los Angeles area. We were married in May 2008.

I met my husband on the Carnival Valor in June, 2007. I was with my friend and her two sons, and my husband was with his parents and siblings..the ship sailed out of Florida. We were both from the Los Angeles area. We were married in May 2008.

Belated congrats! Always nice to hear a great story. Doesn't seem like there are many others.

Ok, so here is a story. The long time Captain of Holland America's Prinsendam (recently retired) was a great guy named Halle Gundersen. Captain "Halle" was a long time bachelor and had a very happy life between his job as a cruise ship Captain and his wonderful compound/home in Bergen, Norway. Then on one cruise he met a lovely blonde lady (from Australia) who became his wife (and the mother of their beautiful daughter). Now to make the story more interesting, during the first few years of her life, the DD (Isabella) practically lived on the Prinsendam as she and her mom were often on the ship when daddy was working.

So for those single ladies who might dream about meeting a Cruise Ship Captain who becomes her Prince.. (and husband) might like to know that it has happened.

Hank

Ok, so here is a story. The long time Captain of Holland America's Prinsendam (recently retired) was a great guy named Halle Gundersen. Captain "Halle" was a long time bachelor and had a very happy life between his job as a cruise ship Captain and his wonderful compound/home in Bergen, Norway. Then on one cruise he met a lovely blonde lady (from Australia) who became his wife (and the mother of their beautiful daughter). Now to make the story more interesting, during the first few years of her life, the DD (Isabella) practically lived on the Prinsendam as she and her mom were often on the ship when daddy was working.

So for those single ladies who might dream about meeting a Cruise Ship Captain who becomes her Prince.. (and husband) might like to know that it has happened.

Hank

Similarly, the Captain of RCI's Explorer of the Seas - who also happens to be the youngest in the fleet - met his wife on board during his earlier officer years. She was employed by the health spa on board. They are now married with three young children, all of whom were on our August 2012 sailing.