Tour companies, Southampton to London

karska

We're looking into being picked up at ship port, touring Stonehenge and Windsor. Then dropped off at hotel in London. Two companies I've looked at are Viator and Internationalfriends.co.uk. Has anyone had experience with these, or suggestions of other tour companies. This will be in September, Cathedrals and Crowns. Thank you in advance.

Keep in mind Viator is just a booking agent they do not do the tours

I would check on the British Isles forums there are lots of suggestions & recommended companies

Lyn

Keep in mind Viator is just a booking agent they do not do the tours

I would check on the British Isles forums there are lots of suggestions & recommended companies

Lyn

Tried to get some info. from Viator in Australia, but found their system very hard to use. They give you a few guides that you need to e mail and then when you do you need passwords to see their answer. Too much trouble for me. Find someone else.

We used International Friends last June and were very satisfied. They were right outside the terminal when we got off the ship. We had chosen Stonehenge, Bath, Windsor tour with a drop off at Heathrow. Our guide/driver was very knowledgeable.

At Stonehenge we arrived early before the crowds and went through a group line very quickly. It was a self-guided tour with headset. Bath was guided by a local woman, who was excellent. We had time for lunch on our own. This just touched the surface, but made us realize we'd like to visit Bath again sometime for a couple of days. Next up Windsor Castle, where we toured on our own. A bit rushed, but we did see a lot. Well worth it.

We were then dropped off at our Heathrow hotel about 5:30. London hotel drops were made after that. We would use them again.