Pride of America (POA) Cabin 12502 pictures

VideoTech

Location was wonderful! First of all, the cabin is on a dead-end hallway at the front of the ship...the only thing beyond it is ship's officer's cabins. So there's no traffic in the hall, and it's very quiet!

Second, the only thing above you are the new suites on Deck 13. The one drawback was some gurgling plumbing noise at times, which I suspect comes from those cabins. Below you are only other cabins on deck 11. We heard no theater, club, or pool party noise.

As for the cabin location in relation to the cruise: If there had been volcano activity on the night cruise around the big island, we would not have seen it from this cabin. The cabin is on the port side of the ship and the volcano is on the starboard side during the transit. However, as there's no activity at the moment, the ship doesn't even go by the volcano..it sails north-around the island when there's no activity.

On the other hand, the port side cabin is perfect for the Na Pali coast sail-by. It was stunning and beautiful, and all visible right from our balcony!

Hi VideoTech,

Thank you for the PICS. We are on POA in 11500 in a few weeks which is right under the suite you were in. I had heard that their was no lava flow so thank you for confirming that.

Quick question regarding DOWN TIME in the suite if I may.

Our suite is similar to yours, just but a bit smaller. As this cruise is Port Intensive, did you have much of a chance to really take advantage of the Suite Life? Do you have any recomendations or sugestions on getting the most from being in a Suite on POA with no Sea Days.

I've read almost every post I could find on POA, including your Roll Call Posts, I feel like I already know you. But as you just returned and have a fresh prospective, I was just wondering. If you were to do it again next week, what would you maybe do differently? Enjoy the Ship/Suite more, Spend more time in Port??

My wife cannot wait to use the Jacuzzi. Is it filled when you arrive or do you need to tell them when you ant to use it? Do they drain it each day and have to re-fill it when you want to use it?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have any pictures of the rest of the POA? Will be there April 5.:D

No, sorry...I have one or two, but nothing really complete. The ship is very nice, and if you're familiar with the rest of NCL's ships, you'll find it very different than the others.

Hi VideoTech,

Thank you for the PICS. We are on POA in 11500 in a few weeks which is right under the suite you were in. I had heard that their was no lava flow so thank you for confirming that.

Quick question regarding DOWN TIME in the suite if I may.

Our suite is similar to yours, just but a bit smaller. As this cruise is Port Intensive, did you have much of a chance to really take advantage of the Suite Life? Do you have any recomendations or sugestions on getting the most from being in a Suite on POA with no Sea Days.

I've read almost every post I could find on POA, including your Roll Call Posts, I feel like I already know you. But as you just returned and have a fresh prospective, I was just wondering. If you were to do it again next week, what would you maybe do differently? Enjoy the Ship/Suite more, Spend more time in Port??

My wife cannot wait to use the Jacuzzi. Is it filled when you arrive or do you need to tell them when you ant to use it? Do they drain it each day and have to re-fill it when you want to use it?

Thanks in advance.

Den Leader: The weird thing about the route around the big Island was that there wasn't any announcement about going "north-around" that I was aware of. I don't remember seeing anything in the Freestyle Daily either. The only way I found out was when I looked at the route map posted on Deck 5 in the midships hallway...and there was a little tiny note at the bottom of that chart.

I do think there's a valid question about spending for a nice suite on the POA. You're right, you don't spend much time on board when you're in a port every day. But you can take advantage of the "suite life" for things like meals in your cabin, or out on the balcony. And frankly, we'd come back to the ship so tired every night that we'd just go to the cabin to use the jacuzzi and relax...and it was nice to have all that space to relax in. We would have been just as happy in a Penthouse, but there were none available when we booked, so we decided to splurge on the OS, and we don't regret it.

The jacuzzi was empty when we boarded, but it was easy to fill - one button to fill, and one button to heat. Incidentally, we found that the fill water was already heated, so you could get into it almost immediately, and then just use the heater to keep it warm. The cabin steward did empty it every day, but it took only minutes to fill if we decided we wanted to use it...and we definitely did!

Frankly, for us I think the POA is a one time cruise. We viewed it as a great way to get familiar with the different islands, but there's no way you can do everything you might want to do on any of the islands with even an overnight stop on two of them. Our future visits to Hawaii, should they happen, will not be from a cruise ship...they'll be more traditional stays for several days in a hotel or resort, with a rental car to tour in and visit different beaches.

Now we just have to decide which island(s) to go back to...my wife wants to go back to Maui, and I want to go back to Kaua'i!

Thank you VideoTech for the feedback.

I got the Heads Up about the no lava flow from the pre-board concierge Arthur when I asked in an email for info on were a good spot on the ship was to view it. Given NCL is not forthcoming about this, I'll post a note shortly with the info from Arthur.

Glad you had a good cruise. Looking forward to the full review you are planning on posting. I will be posting PIC of 11500 upon my return as we looked at both 11500 and your cabin when we deciding. We choose 11500 because we thought the Bridge was too close and that there was the possibility of the crew being able to from the bridge onto the balcony of 12502. Suite 11500 has a smaller balcony, and maybe a bit smaller foot print in the cabin, but will compare with your PICS when we get there.

Thanks Again for the reply.

The balcony on 12502 was totally private, even though it was on the same level as the bridge. To see into the bridge you had to lean out over the rail. We did have people in the cabins on either side, but never saw them or had them intrude into our privacy.

• 1 year later...
The balcony on 12502 was totally private, even though it was on the same level as the bridge. To see into the bridge you had to lean out over the rail. We did have people in the cabins on either side, but never saw them or had them intrude into our privacy.

Thanks for the info. What were the complimentary drinks in that class of cabin - there always seems to be a bit of uncertainty what the PoA gets vs. the other ships for the OS/DOS.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Ha Ha, I just realized something very funny.

We just upgraded from Penthouse with Large Balcony to OS and now see we have the

OS you just described. 12502.

It is just a few cabins up from our other suite.

I agree, this is a one time thing for us and the extra cost of the upsell is fine.

We also are looking forward to Hot tub in the evening after a long day.:D

What was your selection of wine for the free liquor benefit of OS??

Thanks again, we sail next week!!!!

We just upgraded from Penthouse with Large Balcony to OS and now see we have the

I agree, this is a one time thing for us and the extra cost of the upsell is fine.

I asked VT that question quite awhile ago and they haven't responded but I don't think they are much of a regular. I believe the video of the room is also theirs out on you tube if you haven't seen it.

We are in that room after the drydock so it will be interesting to see if anything changes.

Have a great trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait, we will be across the hall at the end of April. 4 sisters sailing together, 2 who have never been to Hawaii. We are celebrating our Sisterhood and growing up together and growing older together. Have saved for 4 years for this trip.