Gratuites Diamond Princess

Sorry if this has been asked before but do you pay gratuities on an Australian cruise ie start Sydney finish Sydney

Have never been on Princess so not sure how it works

Thanks

No, already in the price for Aussies.

Best to check with Princess just to clarify the position. My understanding is that there are no gratuities required on Australian-based ships that do Aus to Aus ports. Diamond Princess is not an Australian-based ship.:)

Best to check with Princess just to clarify the position. My understanding is that there are no gratuities required on Australian-based ships that do Aus to Aus ports. Diamond Princess is not an Australian-based ship.:)

I did an Australian to Australian port cruise on the Diamond Princess in December and there was grats added each night. You can check with Princess, or just wait until after the first night to see whether you get charged. You can either leave them in place or crew up with rest and get them removed. Personally, I just leave them there.

Edited by icat2000

Previous cruises in Australia by Diamond Princess had gratuities added each night. When she returns later this year to cruise in Australia, gratuities will be included in the cruise fare. (Source: Princess)

Edited by By The Bay
Wording

Previous cruises in Australia by Diamond Princess had gratuities added each night. When she returns later this year to cruise in Australia, gratuities will be included in the cruise fare. (Source: Princess)

I wonder if thats because Guest Services area spent a lot of time dealing with people removing the grats. There were queues every day. Long ones too.

I wonder if thats because Guest Services area spent a lot of time dealing with people removing the grats. There were queues every day. Long ones too.

I wonder if Diamond Princess is not as popular as it was initially and it needs to be competitive with Australian based cruise ships, which include tips, to attract new cruisers.

I wonder if Diamond Princess is not as popular as it was initially and it needs to be competitive with Australian based cruise ships, which include tips, to attract new cruisers.

I don't think so .

As more antipodeans realise just how good Diamond is , they will all be swinging over to her.

A similar thing happened when Princess first came downunder with Star Princess.

Its just a part of human nature. If someone sees that someone else has something they have not got and are entitled to , they will move heaven and earth to get it.

At that time the Captains Circle was just starting to add Aussies so you had to visit the Circle Host and get your previous cruise with P&O registered. As soon as everyone realised what they had to do ,the line for the poor young girl looking after the Circle Desk stretched the length of the ship.

Just to let you know have just booked Aus cruise on Diamond Princess in Jan 2015 and gratuities are included in the cruise fair

Thanks for the replies

did you have to pay extra to have the gratuities included, if not i hope you have it in writing to say its included

did you have to pay extra to have the gratuities included, if not i hope you have it in writing to say its included

No there was no extra charge even got small discount on advertised price

and yes on the invoice it states gratuities included

all good

No there was no extra charge even got small discount on advertised price

and yes on the invoice it states gratuities included

all good

thats good the tips are included but i would still print out the invoice and take a copy with you