You are exclusively invited to a LIVE Google Hangout with Adam Goldstein

JOIN US ON THE LIVE GOOGLE HANGOUT AT 1:30 EASTERN TIME!!

LOOK FOR EMMY & I FROM CC ON THERE!

Thanks for being there. It was worth my while to participate and have a positive feeling based on Adam's responses!!!

I had a work webinar at the same time. Was anything said about food cooked to order in these 18 venues for people w dietary needs? I need a low sodium diet & the way RCCL has handled it is to have me select my food choices a day in advance. If I'm moving to different locations daily how will this be managed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

JOIN US ON THE LIVE GOOGLE HANGOUT AT 1:30 EASTERN TIME!!

Event Page: https://plus.google.com/events/c1r2obo2lrblgkua09mj0p3au20

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDQOLrbxuBM

LOOK FOR EMMY & I FROM CC ON THERE!

Thanks for posting these links... I had signed up but didn't receive the reminder they said they'd send out with the link, so I wouldn't have been able to attend if you hadn't posted this.

It was a very interesting discussion, both you and Emmy did a great job! :)

I didn't care for the answer about solo cruisers. He basically said there will be no difference to how it is now, which is not possible w no traditional dining where you get to know your tablemates. Same holds true if you travel w a friend and you both want to meet new people. I don't want to be forced to eat at a table for two all the time.

I didn't care for the answer about solo cruisers. He basically said there will be no difference to how it is now, which is not possible w no traditional dining where you get to know your tablemates. Same holds true if you travel w a friend and you both want to meet new people. I don't want to be forced to eat at a table for two all the time.

"Hi, I (we) would prefer to dine with a group. Is there a recently sat table I (we) can join? If not, may I (we) wait a few minutes to see if a group materializes? I (we) enjoy meeting new people at dinner."

I had a work webinar at the same time. Was anything said about food cooked to order in these 18 venues for people w dietary needs? I need a low sodium diet & the way RCCL has handled it is to have me select my food choices a day in advance. If I'm moving to different locations daily how will this be managed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Specifics of how the system will work were not addressed. Adam G. did say they are very aware of this need, and it will be met. He mentioned his own son having a food allergy and being very cognizant of this need among cruisers. Maybe since reservations set up, the servers will present diner with a menu from the chosen restaurant for the following night for choices to be made.

Wondering if in the reservation process there will be a place to indicate whether preference is to dine with others. I know when we arrive for MTD, we are asked this question. Sometimes we are in the mood and sometimes not. Often, the tables are so close in MTD that we in essence are dining with others, so we still get a chance to visit with others.

"Hi, I (we) would prefer to dine with a group. Is there a recently sat table I (we) can join? If not, may I (we) wait a few minutes to see if a group materializes? I (we) enjoy meeting new people at dinner."

That's what I hope will happen. I hope they recognize that not everyone wants to eat exclusively with the people they came with. I have some new Facebook friends I met in the dining room, one of whom became a "real" friend I've taken two other cruises with. Without traditional dining, we never would have met.

I'm one of the lucky 5 loyal cruisers doing the live google chat with Adam tomorrow.

I need questions to ask him. Please give me anything you have.

Watching it now. You and Emmy are doing a great job! (props of course to our CC host).

Brig

It was an interesting Google Hangout today regarding the Quantum Of The Seas new Dining Options.

One tidbid that I learned is that Mr. Goldstein's son has a severe peanut allergy and has dealt with it for many years so they are fully aware of food allergies and special dining needs etc.

Overall it was a very informative talk with good questions.

It was an interesting Google Hangout today regarding the Quantum Of The Seas new Dining Options.

One tidbid that I learned is that Mr. Goldstein's son has a severe peanut allergy and has dealt with it for many years so they are fully aware of food allergies and special dining needs etc.

I was sorry I missed it; a friend watched the video and wanted me to get the scoop, but I had a very busy afternoon!

Agreed. I would love to see more of these in the future.

And yet a surprising number of offerings on these menus include nuts, and especially peanuts. I can't have any nuts. Or any beans. Or any spinach or kale or "field greens/baby greens". Or any soy. Or any berries. Or beets. Or shellfish. Or any chocolate (because it's made from beans. :( )

There are a few things on each menu that I can have, but not a lot. With the traditional MDR, there's a lot more I can have on each menu, and it's easier to customize because the staff knows me early on and they know what my preferences are.

I'm a little disappointed in that regard. The pricing on the Quantum cruises is also slightly astronomical ($900 PP for a 3-day cruise? Yikes!) So I'll keep my eye on it and see if they come down. But right now this is a 'someday maybe' cruise for me, which is also disappointing because I can drive to the port.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for posting the detail menus.

I really enjoyed the exchange between the panel and Adam. I think Adam did a pretty good job of describing what why and how RCI goes about making changes.

I think the solo cruiser question caught him off guard. He apparently doesn't fully understand the challenges for a solo cruiser to feel comfortable 24/7.

I am still bothered that with only 8 months to go there are still all these secrets. They won't even reveal when they are going to make another reveal.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for posting the detail menus.

I really enjoyed the exchange between the panel and Adam. I think Adam did a pretty good job of describing what why and how RCI goes about making changes.

I think the solo cruiser question caught him off guard. He apparently doesn't fully understand the challenges for a solo cruiser to feel comfortable 24/7.

I am still bothered that with only 8 months to go there are still all these secrets. They won't even reveal when they are going to make another reveal.

I missed the live interview today. I'm a solo cruiser, and very interested in what he had to say about solo's. I have 2 cruises booked, and to be frank, this new dining change has me concerned. I am very uncomfortable eating dinner by myself.