When will ccl end traditional dinning

vols_159

They can gauge the popularity of Anytime Dining over Traditional set dining times by how many choose each of those and how many get wait listed for Anytime Dining. When the percentage of those choosing Anytime over Traditional hits a high percentage then they will be looking at how they can offer Traditional to suit all of those and the answer will probably be to do away with the Traditional seating times just as NCL has it.

I don't really understand Pine Bluff's comment that it couldn't support it. We sailed on an older NCL ship with the two dining rooms like Carnival and it seemed to work well with them. We were always seated promptly and received our food fairly quickly.

I don't like Traditional and it wouldn't bother me if they did away with that and the formal nights as well. But as long as I can choose Anytime Dining I will be happy.

Explain further please.

I can't speak for the OP of that comment, but I thought the same thing. There has to be space and crew available to accommodate creating several different types of food. The reason there are two traditional dining times with Carnival is so that they can spread the workload out for the serving staff and kitchen staff. If there are 6 different restaurants seating people who are ordering vastly different types of dishes you need a bigger kitchen and prep area, as well as more staff trained in the different styles of food you're offering.

Got the e-mail about dynamic dining on RCCL this a.m. I was pretty surprised to see what they are rolling out on their new ships. I was more surprised that they are getting rid of their formal nights.

I see what ever the other lines are doing away with, Carnival will institute. Free for all smoking, unlimited booze and barf bags and picnic tables for dining. They will stay entry level cruising as that is now their niche. They once were industry leaders but now they are floundering. Yup, you hate this comment but think about it for a moment.

I see what ever the other lines are doing away with, Carnival will institute. Free for all smoking, unlimited booze and barf bags and picnic tables for dining. They will stay entry level cruising as that is now their niche. They once were industry leaders but now they are floundering. Yup, you hate this comment but think about it for a moment.

I thought about it and came to the conclusion that you must have been it in the head with a 5 iron LOL

I love that there is now a post on John Healds facebook with a couple of messages from people who heard on CC that Carnival is doing away with traditional dining.

Edited by 1kaper

I love that there is now a post on John Healds facebook with a couple of messages from people who heard on CC that Carnival is doing away with traditional dining.

If it's written on the internet somewhere, it must be true!

Yup. The land of lack of comprehension over there has struck again. A simple speculative post here has been converted to fact there, and now the discussion ensues as fact. My only fear is that the brand ambassador has put his touch on it, which makes it enter into possibility, based on accuracy success rate..

That will never happen. The infrastructure of the current Carnival fleet can't support that.

NCL turned there older ships into freestlye dinning probably wouldnt be much different than carnival..

Yup. The land of lack of comprehension over there has struck again. A simple speculative post here has been converted to fact there, and now the discussion ensues as fact. My only fear is that the brand ambassador has put his touch on it, which makes it enter into possibility, based on accuracy success rate..

Says the man with the credibility of Milli Vanilli

Surely you remember the outcry. Ships not eqipped for Freestyle with Freestyle rolled out just didn't work.

No I don't only been sailing around 5 years. I know on the older ships sky and sun there's 1 galley that serves 2 mdrs..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Says the man with the credibility of Milli Vanilli

PB has vastly more credibility than Alan the Sponge who preceded Webb of Lies and the beerleader, and are mere shadows of the sponge.

I suspect it will end in the future, as older cruisers move on to other lines or die (not trying to be morbid, just realistic). I wouldn't be surprised to see one whole dining room go ATD first, then maybe an additional floor - so that there are three ATD choices and one "timed" dining floor, instead of one ATD choice and three "timed" dining floors.

I may be wrong, but I think it will happen. I think as more and more options are available on ships (pools open later at night like on the Breeze, 5D movie theaters, movies on Lido deck on the big screen, etc.) more and more people won't want to be tied down to a specific dining time. The Dream class ships and those with 2.0 options just have more and more to do and there are so many choices for ways to spend your limited time on board, I would suspect that fewer and fewer want to be tied down to a time-frame. Hard to predict.

Here is the quote from John Heald's FB page today regarding discontinuing the 2 mdr seatings:

Name: Don_______

Message: been reading stuff on cruise critic message boards that suggest that carnival is going to do away with assigned traditional dinning very soon. I hope this is not true because IMHO it would be a disaster.

Name: Bianca__________

Message: John, I am really worries because we have been seeing people writing saying that Carnival workers have told them that Carnival is stopping all assigned dinner reservqations. We love meeting new people at dinner and it is one of the reasons we keep on cruising. Can you set my mind at ease please

Name: Susan_______

Message. --------- - -----------cruise lines have done away with the traditional dining room, replacing it with 5 completely different restaurants. I now read that Carnival is heading down this route and no more early and late sitting. Please please please tell me that this is not going to happen.

John's Response --- Judging by these posts all received today it is obvious people are talking about this so let me simply say this. While Your Time Dining remains popular and is getting more so it is part of a choice that we offer our guests and there are no plans to change from the choices we currently offer of early, late or your time dinning.

cheers