'Included' drinks

bevfd

I couldn't find a thread where this has been covered recently but are there any 'free' or 'included' drinks on Eurodam?

I don't drink pop/soda but I drink a lot of water and I enjoy coffee in the mornings. It doesn't need to be a fancy coffee, just regular drip is fine. Some other choices would be nice!

Thanks.

Edited by bevfd

I'm going to add a question here about the drinks.

During the day I typically sip on a mug of tea. Will I be able to fill up a mug /insulated glass to keep with me? Or limited to the ship serving glasses?

I don't want to look like a heathen... But I do like my Texas size tea mug.

During the day I typically sip on a mug of tea. Will I be able to fill up a mug /insulated glass to keep with me? Or limited to the ship serving glasses?

Yes, you can fill up your own beverage container. :)

You won't. There are other people who will have water bottles or travel mugs.

Is the tea hot or iced?

Both.

Hot tea is available 24/7 in the Lido, and in the dining rooms.

Iced tea is generally available in the Lido starting at lunchtime, and forward, so long as there is service there. Iced tea can be requested in the dining rooms.

but

when my DH and I go to a club where there is dancing and we do not order an alcoholic drink, would we be served a glass of water without being charged. Would we be served a glass of juice complimentary. It is nice to have a drink sitting at the table when we are dancing so that we will still have the table when we return.

Also is there a lot of dancing (waltz, fox trot, two step or samba) on the ships. We are looking at Neuw Amsterdam for next year to try Holland America.

While I am here I might as well ask about ice cream. Is there hard ice cream as I can not eat soft ice cream. Is it served throughout the day and would it be complimentary?

thanks

Let me take a crack at your questions -

but

when my DH and I go to a club where there is dancing and we do not order an alcoholic drink, would we be served a glass of water without being charged. Would we be served a glass of juice complimentary. It is nice to have a drink sitting at the table when we are dancing so that we will still have the table when we return.

I'm not sure about juice, as that's mostly a dining room / Lido thing, but you can definitely get iced water in any of the venues that have dancing.

Also is there a lot of dancing (waltz, fox trot, two step or samba) on the ships. We are looking at Neuw Amsterdam for next year to try Holland America.

They try to vary the dance music offerings so that there is something for everyone. Of course you can't have everything for everyone all of the time, so it really depends on how many different types of dance music you like.

We've been on some special itineraries - completely by accident - that had a focus on dancing. Check with HAL to see what's offered when you want to sail. The Dancing with the Stars cruises, particularly when there are actual DWTS people aboard, tend to have more dancing.

While I am here I might as well ask about ice cream. Is there hard ice cream as I can not eat soft ice cream. Is it served throughout the day and would it be complimentary?

There is both soft serve and hard ice cream in the Lido throughout the day. There is almost always a sundae of the day in the dining room. The ice cream is included in your cruise fare. There is no extra charge. I don't know the exact hours for ice cream service, but you the ice cream must be good. Outside of little children at an amusement park, you'd be hard pressed to find more people eating ice cream than you'll see on a HAL ship.

Both.

Hot tea is available 24/7 in the Lido, and in the dining rooms.

Iced tea is generally available in the Lido starting at lunchtime, and forward, so long as there is service there. Iced tea can be requested in the dining rooms.

Can anyone clarify what teabags are available on Volendam please. I drink strong hot tea and cannot stand Liptons' for example which I know is standard on some lines. I'm think I saw a mention of PG Tips somewhere but can't be sure. Alternatively something like Assam or Twinings English Breakfast would be good! Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

when my DH and I go to a club.... Would we be served a glass of juice complimentary.

Juices ordered in a lounge will be limited selection (those used in cocktails), and will have a charge. As noted, ice water has no charge.

Juices ordered from the table steward in the dining room have no charge.

For the dances you are looking for, you want to head to the Ocean Bar. On the Nieuw Amsterdam, you may find some of what you're looking for mixed in on the nights there's dancing in the Queen's Lounge, too.

You are not looking for dancing in the Crow's Nest or Northern Lights.

Are fruit juices available in the MDR for dinner and lunch?

Yes, but unless you've ordered in advance, it may take a while to get it.

If you want juice every night, and are in fixed seating, it's easy to put in a standing order, and the juice will be at your seat when you arrive.

What juices are typically available at breakfast?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't name them all. They seem to vary sometimes. However, my favorite is the fresh squeezed orange juice!

What juices are typically available at breakfast?

Fresh squeezed orange (Lido), orange, apple, pineapple, grape, grapefruit, cranberry, prune, tomato. I believe you can ask for V-8 and they will get some for you.

There may be others, but these are the ones I remember off hand.

Fresh squeezed orange (Lido), orange, apple, pineapple, grape, grapefruit, cranberry, prune, tomato. I believe you can ask for V-8 and they will get some for you.

There may be others, but these are the ones I remember off hand.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can anyone clarify what teabags are available on Volendam please. I drink strong hot tea and cannot stand Liptons' for example which I know is standard on some lines. I'm think I saw a mention of PG Tips somewhere but can't be sure. Alternatively something like Assam or Twinings English Breakfast would be good! Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

No idea what the iced tea is, but the HAL branded hot tea is a Darjeeling. I quite enjoy it. They also have a box with green and herbal teas in the dining room. I think they were Bigelow.

In the explorations café they carry Tazo, but those aren't "included"