celebrity bermuda

beachjulie

Can anyone tell me which side the Bermuda port is on. I am trying to choose a room on the Summit for August and want my balcony to be on the Bermuda port side not the ocean side

Just luck you will not know in advance, they will do either side depending on a number of factors.

Just luck you will not know in advance, they will do either side depending on a number of factors.

It seems I should take the majority of responses if I have to go on luck. Anyone else have an opinion on which side?

I must say that there is no bad side to be on for Bermuda. One side will look out on King's Wharf, the other side looks out on the harbor towards Hamilton with lovely views of the shore a little in the distance. It's not like an ocean view with nothing to see but water. For the record, starboard side was facing King's Wharf for our cruise and I do understand that this varies, so hard to guarantee which view you'll get.

No opinions here, just the facts.

We've been to Bermuda 2x on the Summit. One time we faced the dock from the port side, the other time starboard faced the dock.

As another poster mentioned, there are a number of factors that determine how a ship will be docked, including scheduled ship maintenance and crew safety drills.

The final say always resides with the harbormaster/port authority, so there is no way to know how the ship will dock until you've arrived.

Two times on the Summit in August and the ship docked on the starboard side.

LOL, two times on the Summit in June and the ship docked on the portside, which was the side we were on and it was fine.

I don't see the big deal about what side your facing....how much are you actually on your balcony when your in port?

I'd just be happy that I was on a cruise ship, in Bermuda on vacation, who cares what I'm looking at?

Either way is a good view, Bermuda is just beautiful. One of the reasons that was mentioned was ship drills. They often will pull the lifeboats out and do drills with them. While doing that they test the boats lowering and raising them so they could do either side depending on which ones they haven't done in awhile.

I must say that there is no bad side to be on for Bermuda. One side will look out on King's Wharf, the other side looks out on the harbor towards Hamilton with lovely views of the shore a little in the distance. It's not like an ocean view with nothing to see but water. For the record, starboard side was facing King's Wharf for our cruise and I do understand that this varies, so hard to guarantee which view you'll get.

Thanks everyone. I just didn't want to face just water while being docked there for 3 days