Cruise Behavior - declining ?

We were actually on your cruise I think, I saw you in the roll call, the Dream 3/15 right?

It was a pretty good cruise, we only encountered one overly drunken person and he was seated at our dinner table unfortunately. On the upside, he was so overly indulgent he usually missed dinner :)

Other than that, we never really had a problem, just that one guy... Occasional splashing issues in the pool, but that was mostly a personal problem because I had contacts in and didn't want to lose them, I just left the pool area.

Matt

Yes, that's the one! I was pleasantly surprised at how well it went. I met so many great people, and had some really interesting conversations.

It's everywhere. We were at a concert Wednesday night (Paul Revere, Where The Action is Tour) Oh, and before I go any further! It was amazing...I felt like a teen again ( a well-behaved teen) :) However there was one lady in the seventh row that stood through the whole thing. The older couple behind her never said a word. I have to say if it were me, I would have asked her to please sit, and then if she didn't. Poke her in the rear with my umbrella! :)

I work for a major greeting card corporation and have seven stores that I cover...You know the Brach's candy that you see in the grocery stores. You scoop it out and then in is weighed to see how much you owe. I would never buy that. I saw three people this week reach in with their hands and grab the chocolate (unwrapped) and just kept on walking. I hate to think where there hands have been. On top of that, these are older people. They don't seem to realize that stealing is stealing! This is the same little old lady that you sit next to in Church on Sunday morning! LOL

Oh no.....please don't bring smoking into it or let's make it totally complete and talk about tipping to make it a complete thread.;)

Haha right sorry! Definitely didn't want to open those doors sorry!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Let me share what I've seen on cruises from the spring break kids so many complain about. I've seen a young couple sitting side-by-side on deck chairs holding hands get up and give their seats by the pool to an elderly couple (happen to be my DS and his girlfriend). I've seen a boy of about 10 or 11 years in age put out his hand to keep ADULTS from rushing onto an elevator so that a woman in a wheelchair could get off first. I've seen a teenaged group of girls ask another teen who was by herself if she wanted to join their group. I could go on and on. I guess I like to focus on the positive things I see around me.

I can't think of a day when a couple of kids opening an ice cream freezer and drawing pictures on the door or a mature woman getting up to boogy at a MUSIC concert would give me a negative feeling toward my fellow humans and have me come to the decision that people's behavior was going downhill or whatever. Everything that's been mentioned in this thread as being a sign that people's behavior is going downhill and that kids on cruise ships are getting totally out-of-hand, are just IMHO, no big deal in the scheme of things. There are much more horrific things happening in the world to be worried about.

Again that's JMHO.

Edited by mousey

Keep in mind that nobody is going to post a You Tube video

of someone sitting in a hammock reading a book...

Exactly.

Let's start a thread about the boringly-non-eventful and peaceful cruise we had

where nothing untoward happened.

See how many reads and replies that gets.

Well I have to say, as far as the women that stood all evening during the concert. She was blocking the view of the couple behind her.

I know we paid 150 dollars that night and since they were in the same section. I'm sure they did the same. They had every right to enjoy the concert, and they had every right to ask the woman to please sit down so that they could also enjoy the concert.

I still say the woman that stood during the whole thing was rude and didn't give a flip about anyone else that came to enjoy the concert.

Of course they ask people before any concert to be respectful of others and please stay seated. Not to take flash photos, or record due to copyright laws...but do people pay any attention? NO And the other night they even made a special announcement to make sure there was NO TEXTING! First time I ever heard that, but I'm sure it had to do with the recent killing of a young man in Tampa due to texting in the movie theater.

People in general are so out of control with their "I'll do what I want attitude, because it's all about ME!

Sad to say' date=' but it isn't just cruising. Bad behaviour is everywhere from the grocery store, the movies, the park..driving down the highway. Not sure what causes it...could be stress, financial problems or they just might not have been raised with any manners. It's all about the "ME ME ME" syndrom. Seems that society in general is on a downward spiral when it comes to good manners.[/quote']

Totally agree! Very Sad:(

I blame it all on the Kardashians........[/quote

*LOL*

My dad didn't live to see my kids and some of my sisters younger kids. Many times they are curious about him and will ask about him.

The younger girls once asked my sisters what my dad was like when they were growing up.

My one sister said "We were the Bizzaro Kardashians " :) EVERTHING that goes on on that show , couldn't even be thought of in our house" *LOL*

I must have the greatest luck in the world but I have never witnessed any boorish behavior. Once I saw a woman begging a room steward for a "towel thingie" (animal) in the hallway. That's the beginning and the end of it. I assume we can eliminate quiet grumbling in long lines? I've heard that during one tender ticket mishandling.

I really, really have to reach waaaaay back to think of anything even remotely negative on a cruise.

Exactly.

Let's start a thread about the boringly-non-eventful and peaceful cruise we had

where nothing untoward happened.

See how many reads and replies that gets.

Someone already did!:D Check out the "Good Behavior" thread here on the Canival board. I've already posted there!:D Lots of nice things stories being told there!

Peace to all!

No, I blame it all on crappy parenting.

I totally agree. I don't know if parents are too busy or too tired to be parents. I see a lot of parents that want to be friends with their children rather than be parents.

I remember a day when a teacher or neighbor chewed you out you had better hope your parents didn't find out because you catch the wrath of Khan when you got home. Now the parents would get up in the teachers face or threaten to go up the food chain.

Kids need boundaries and just because they are on vacation those boundaries should not be removed.

The story of kids running around by the wet deck of the pool speaks volumes. Having been a first responder for many years, no child should be let unattended anywhere near a pool or for that matter on any deck of a ship/boat.

We just came off the breeze last week and the behavior of the young kids on board was horrible , running up and down the hallways at 330 am is uncalled for especially for 8-10 yr olds...and it was every nite that we had to open the door and tell the kids to stop running around in the cabin area, this was our first cruise that we encountered this.... And unfortunately it was not just bad behavior with young kids.... But rude adults also...

We had a group the was consistently being watched by security because of excess drinking on lido and it's 10 am and they have the bongs out pounding beers, midway thru the cruise they let the beer from the hoses drain in the lido pool and the water was disgusting by the last 2 sea days.

This was the most disappointing cruise we have been on, and it had nothing to do with carnival or the staff...... It was all due to our fellow cruisers

Man! the stories I could tell you about a spring/summer cruise we did on the former Carnival Destiny from Miami to Jamaica......I rather not go into details, but we once witnessed a ice cream fight around the stairways of the Lido by some little brats on the Dream.

Edited by keith75

Just home from the Magic's Cruise from Hell! It was awesome! When we booked we knew there were going to be teenagers and families. Honestly the teens were teens, they were loud, played on the elevators, and ran around making noise. But it was the adults who brought the headaches. Self righteous multi time cruisers who felt they had the right to do as they pleased. Parents who were too drunk to look after their kids and horny college kids ready to ride anything that moved.

I haven't encountered any issues. I'd say the videos you see are isolated incidents.

The behavior of our society is declining. Everywhere you go, you enounter people of our society, good and bad.

Do you watch the news and see the crime? Does it detere you from going out? If not, don't worry about the Youtube vids and have a good time.