Solo rates on Celebrity?

Scotts73

We are planning a cruise to Europe for next year. My mother in-law would love to join us, but she will be staying in her own cabin. Does Celebrity ever offer solo rates? Thank you!

I personally have never seen a rate other than the 200% a solo would pay, unless it is on their Tuesday specials.

I don't think it is always a set rate. I was checking a short cruise on the Constellation as a solo rate, and it wasn't too bad--but of course the regular rate was low too. I think it was about 50% more than the DO rate.

As a solo cruiser on Celebrity I can tell you that the only rate I have ever paid is the full cabin price based on two passengers or 200% of the single fare. Celebrity RARELY discounts solo fares and if they do it is only around 10% on teh popular itineraries like Europe and the Caribbean.

I agree...I always sail solo and normally it is double. BUT I have seen

some Tuesday Specials with less SS.....BUT you have to sail on those

particular dates offered. So if the dates/itineraries don't work for you?

Then it doesn't help. I stopped looking at the SS years ago though.

I look at the total price and if it is within my budget. The SS is part of

the price.

I agree...I always sail solo and normally it is double. BUT I have seen

some Tuesday Specials with less SS.....BUT you have to sail on those

particular dates offered. So if the dates/itineraries don't work for you?

Then it doesn't help. I stopped looking at the SS years ago though.

I look at the total price and if it is within my budget. The SS is part of

the price.

Very rare to see solo rates on Celebrity, best I have seen was 180% on some cruises, but even that is rare

That one cruise website based in the UK used to show some good single fares for Celebrity, but lately only seen them for Pricesss, RCL, Cunard, etc, but nothing lately for Celebrity

Edited by johhnnyt

• 11 months later...

The Tuesday specials may be at 200% but often they are such cheap deals it can still pay to book them. I have not seen any Europe cruises at less than 200%, but on the bright side, you have the room, bathroom and closet to yourself.:D

I have just booked a 16 day Azamara cruise with a 25% single supplement, a one category upgrade and a substantial amount of OBC ($1000+). Plus gratuities and basic drinks are included. All up I could never have got the same sort of deal on X as a solo traveller, even with the 123 promo.

The Tuesday specials this week have about 5 150% single supplements. It does happen from time to time, just not that often and the itinerary may not be what one is looking for.

Ken

Yes this happens on select sailings - although it is mainly on M class ships that there is a 150% single supplement. It is extremely rare to see anything less than 200% on an S class ship.

The Tuesday specials this week have about 5 150% single supplements. It does happen from time to time, just not that often and the itinerary may not be what one is looking for.

Ken

It's a scam. The Tuesday special rates advertised are for guarantee cabins. Try a dummy booking for one and you see that they don't offer those same guarantee cabins to solos. So you may be able to get a regular cabin at 150%, but the prices for those are still sky high.

It's a scam. The Tuesday special rates advertised are for guarantee cabins. Try a dummy booking for one and you see that they don't offer those same guarantee cabins to solos. So you may be able to get a regular cabin at 150%, but the prices for those are still sky high.

This may be different for you because you live in Canada but I travel solo on these fares all the time. I have changed cabins to a guarantee on the exciting deals even after final payment and have been able to upgrade my cabin for not much extra. They say for new bookings and doubles only but if you talk to Captains club they will give you the deal as long as you are upgrading an existing booking. Or you can just book as a single on a guarantee if you are making a new booking after final payment. You need to speak to captains club and tell them you want them to contact the resolution desk if they give you trouble, although they are usually cooperative. The regular agents may say no, so ask for captains club.

I have gotten the deal every time I called, but you usually cannot get it on the web site as, like you said, it is not programmed to give out those cabins to singles and will default to a higher price. I am sure other singles on the board will confirm what i said.

I think anyone should be able to get the exciting deals price even in Canada as a solo but dont know for sure.

Edited by ptrpanpens

Ah, I learn something new everyday. Thanks

This is not my experience. I have always been able to price solo cabins at the correct price via the TA I use when they are offered at less than 200%.

If there was any problem I would call Celebrity.

I think it's less scam and more glitch (or inconsistency). I've tried booking online as a solo and gotten denied. Then tried again an hour later and gotten in. Same happens when calling. Sometimes I've been told that they are "sold out" for solos (?) and then called again and was able to book.

Good thing Celebrity is great on board, because they sure do make it a challenge before hand!

Constellation and Millenium have sometimes 100 % solo last minute rates.

But you need to monitor constantly. It is not well advertised and you might have to go through a dummy booking process to really see it.

Edited by Michidoeme