GoPro - Onboard Accessories Shopping

MauiLvrs

We are looking for GoPro accessories. We sail in two weeks and know that the GoPro is available but didn't think to check on our last cruise to see what kind of goodies that they had onboard.

Anyone know if they sell GoPro mounts, batteries, etc. onboard?

Thanks

Just sailed on the CB, they had a limited supply. DH got a certain mount he wanted. Prices would be better somewhere like Best Buy and a better variety. He did take a great seminar though hosted by the photo studio and he learned a lot. It was free and listed in the patter.

Just off Coral Princess and they had some GP stuff. Didn't pay particular attention to details but prices higher than what I've observed on online sites and even BB as someone else said. Ships prices are not cheap, don't care what they say. I bought a Tag Heuer watch 3 yrs ago and saved a little plus the tax. Same watch NOW is cheaper @ Costco by $300!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ships prices are not cheap, don't care what they say. I bought a Tag Heuer watch 3 yrs ago and saved a little plus the tax. Same watch NOW is cheaper @ Costco by $300!

You need to do your homework if there's something specific you're looking to buy. I bought a Tag Heuer off the ship in St, Thomas a few years ago only because they didn't have the exact style I wanted. If they had it, it would have sold for the same price I paid.

I don't think a three year old style at $300 less than you paid is a fair comparison. Costco's selection of Tags is not great and they do carry older styles.

Lew

Thanks for all the info...

Prices would be better somewhere like Best Buy and a better variety.

We just got the GoPro and haven't had time to do a lot of shopping around but what we have found didn't seem to have much of a discount over list price.

Primarily we're looking for adhesive mounts and tripod mounts. Maybe a suction mount if we can find it for less that the $40 list.

Figured that not paying taxes would save about 10%. And as long as DW wants to shop onboard ... may as well get something that we are going to get anyway.

Will try and checkout some of the discount camera stores online before we go.

He did take a great seminar though hosted by the photo studio and he learned a lot.

We took that class on the Sapphire in January and it was informative. Now that we have one we have a BUNCH more questions ... so will probably go again.

Here is our first video from last weekend...

They have the exact same one in the Facets shop inboard. Don't know what MSRP is now but like I said, cheaper @ Costco by $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Costco sells watches from companies they are not authorized dealers for. You get no manufacturer warranty and I would not take a chance sending it in for service to the manufacturer.

Costco sells watches from companies they are not authorized dealers for. You get no manufacturer warranty and I would not take a chance sending it in for service to the manufacturer.

You don't need the wty at Costco.

Just return it.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I bought my first Tag at Costco a number of years ago. I had reason to send it to the Tag warranty facility in NJ and it was serviced with no questions asked.

You don't need the wty at Costco.

Just return it.

There you go!

Lew

Camera and photo prices on the ships are retail so all you're saving is sales tax and there is no elite 10% discount. You can do MUCH better @ B&H or Beach Camera, no sales tax if you're out of state, and free shipping most of the time.

Photo equipment and supplies on the ship are for emergency purposes or strictly impulse buyers.

Honestly, I get most of my goPro stuff either via Amazon (prime and still in a state with no sales tax for them until their new hub opens) or Adorama camera.

For what it is, pricing in the ship's photo store is reasonable, but you can do much better than that before you go.

Example, on the Island, my Nikon P7000 sold for retail price (which is a perfectly fair sale price given the venue). I bought it from Adorama for about 20 percent off.