Royals visa credit card

So I got mine in the mail yesterday, made a purchase today.

So when would I receive my 10,000 points, how long normally do they take to show up?

I leave May 2nd so will I have them by then?! Help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Here is the website where you can check on your account.

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Thank you, I didn't realize such a hassle and wait so many days for this and that.

They can sure take your money like that but when you want something in return..

We are booked on Oasis May 31 and I have been thinking about getting the RCCL credit card to get the 100.00 OBC. Then I wondered if I should get a card for all 5 of us. All my kids are adults and are going on the cruise. We don't need another credit card but that could be 500.00 OBC. Am I crazy to be thinking about doing this for the OBC when we don't need another credit card?

We are booked on Oasis May 31 and I have been thinking about getting the RCCL credit card to get the 100.00 OBC. Then I wondered if I should get a card for all 5 of us. All my kids are adults and are going on the cruise. We don't need another credit card but that could be 500.00 OBC. Am I crazy to be thinking about doing this for the OBC when we don't need another credit card?

I don't think you are crazy!!!

Guilty, I've got 6! The reward points though, too tempting to pass up.:rolleyes:

Only 6??!! :eek::D:p

They make me do it. They keep sending me offers (and it has not damaged my credit rating)

Edited by molly361

I don't think it was a bad deal, plus I transferred one of my high balance cards at 0 interest till next July. One credit card isn't gonna hurt your credit unless your debt to income is higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just got a card in my wife's name for the 10,000 points. Only took about 10 days for the points to be posted on our account.

Nice I hope that will work out for me too! Thanks for your comment

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Update I already got my 10,000 points, so it only takes a couple of days!

Congrats! One hint -- that I wish we'd thought of earlier -- you have to keep track of how old your points are, and when they will expire. We eventually set up a spread sheet for that. When we get our statement, we enter the points, along with the date they accrued. That way, we can check to see what we're in danger of losing, and when. It helps a lot, now that we're cruising X more -- and we get RC points when we use our Visa on X. :cool:

Opening too many credit cards is bad for your credit rating.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

That doesn't seem like an accurate statement. The number of credit should not affect your score, it's how you use and handle them that does...

http://www.freescore.com/too-many-credit-cards-and-credit-score.aspx

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

That doesn't seem like an accurate statement. The number of credit should not affect your score, it's how you use and handle them that does...

It is true though, the act of "opening" a new card even if it is one they invited you to apply for usually triggers a credit check, which is seen as a negative by the scoring system because it implies you are looking for more credit.

That page isn't entirely accurate.

In addition to the fact that applying for cards generates credit checks for the purpose of getting additional credit that do indeed ding your credit score, there's one factor to consider that isn't listed there.

While it does talk about debt to credit ratio from a point of view of having too much debt, it fails to list the other factor...

Having too much available credit is also seen as a credit risk, because it makes it easier too rack up irreversible debt when bad things happen (like losing a job in a recession) that can lead to bankruptcy.

Also, frequent opening and/or closing of credit card accounts is a sign that people are playing the credit card transfer dance, and is looked at unfavorably.