If you're thinking of leaving Carnival

Kimnjimnkids

I think any educated person knows the more people you move to a buffet, the cheaper it is for cost. Just this alone, makes it less food cost. You can also look at the menu selection and compare the items cost wise. It's like looking at a shopping list, and you can figure it out yourself.

All I wanted to do, was correct some false items. Being biased to another cruise line, is irrelevant in this case.

You argued every point the poster made, with your own thoughts....

Pretty sure they meant Oasis of the Seas - as RCI is sending that up to Port Canaveral - I think in a week or two, actually.

To complain this much about Freedom of the Seas, though... Clearly these are people who are very biased and will look for anything to complain about to justify their beloved Carnival. Which is fine, I guess. "It looked like it needed a rehab" - it's as if they have never been on a Carnival ship...

You could possibly be correct. Threw me because Epic is also sailing from Port Canaveral and when she said."It would have to be rate so low it stunned me for us to cruise on RCI again." I leaned towards the Epic,especially since you'll never see a rate so low it stuns you for Oasis.:)

Bill

I'm not in purchasing for Carnival or Royal - so I have no idea who spends more or has better cuts. But I thought Carnival had some great looking steaks, so does Royal. My guess is they are about the same. As I've been saying.

You are picking and choosing a couple items from that persons response to discredit the entire thing. Again, that is your bias speaking.

And Carnival absolutely promotes itself as self service on their buffet to cut costs vs Royal who has a ton of service personnel who get you drinks, etc. Which I liked because they get you alcoholic drinks while you enjoy the buffet. Plus they had little mini-bars setup all over the buffet for alcohol. Royal also had a lot more separate stations so there was never a line. During even semi-busy times, Carnival buffet was lines and lines, and every station was the same and highly limited. That is another fact. Thank you for pointing that one out, too. A shame you can't see it or accept it.

As I've been saying, both lines are much more similar than they are different. The people who swear one or the other is "worst ever, horrible" are generally off kilter. We had a fantastic Carnival cruise just last week, but you can certainly recognize the differences and not be a hater...

As for the last paragraph I was talking about the post (not yours)

I accept Carnival for what it is, a good value at a good price....pretty much period. My friend basically discredited each point the poster made on their experience..... that was my point. Where did I knock what Royal has (I can, but I don't have the time)? Where does Carnival promote itself as a self service to promote costs? Oasis, they closed access to Windjammer for breakfast and sent us elsewhere...is that better (I sure did not think so that morning)?

You could possibly be correct. Threw me because Epic is also sailing from Port Canaveral and when she said."It would have to be rate so low it stunned me for us to cruise on RCI again." I leaned towards the Epic,especially since you'll never see a rate so low it stuns you for Oasis.:)

Bill

I just did Carnival Glory last week with my wife and 2 kids. Oasis, for the same week, was cheaper....

Bill

Actually the Oasis has been fairly good on pricing lately......

Our family FINALLY cruised something new this month. RC Freedom.But after the first day onboard the Freedom, I missed my 'same ole, same ole' Carnival ships!

Edited to note: I didn't realize this was from March 2014. Anyhoo, see my comparison below.

I can agree Kim. We sailed on the Adventure of the Seas this past June. It was a nice ship, however, my group of 28 were not "WOW'd". Knowing i would have to compare, I went on the ship with an open mind. From the moment we boarded the ship and had lunch at the Windjammer (where are the specialty stations???), to entering my cabin (a dirty plate from a previous passenger was sitting at my cabin door) to the lack of a decent after hours snacks (I love egg salad, but not for 6 nights in a row, pizza was awful), it was decided unanimously, book our next group cruise on Carnival. There was only one self-serve ice cream machine open. The other was broken and took a week to replace. I think it was up and running two days prior to disembarkation.

Cabin and dining staff were friendly. Kept the room clean. We did a Chef's Table one night which was a first for us. That was also nice.

The 18 years and over in our group were not happy with the layout of the night club onboard. I missed the plexiglass balcony, however, I did enjoy the Quest game (hilarious) and the adult solarium area. Several in my group had the beverage package had sketchy service once they found out they had the package. Thankfully we did a great itinerary, but we were will to try another cruise line to compare. Carnival wins for my group hands down. As you can see in my signature, we are sailing the Vista in 2018.

Edited by Hawaii697

We went on the Sovereign of the Seas. I think which is pretty much like the Monarch. We opened the door and the bed was right there. I believe the cabin was about 116 sq ft.

Enjoy your future cruises.:)

Bill

This was us on the Monarch. I always said we must have been in the broom closet...

Pretty sure they meant Oasis of the Seas - as RCI is sending that up to Port Canaveral - I think in a week or two, actually.

To complain this much about Freedom of the Seas, though... Clearly these are people who are very biased and will look for anything to complain about to justify their beloved Carnival. Which is fine, I guess. "It looked like it needed a rehab" - it's as if they have never been on a Carnival ship...

Doesn't sound like a complaint, but an honest opinion. When a ship doesn't offer a laundry room, just to iron a shirt, etc, I'm not impressed.