"LIVE" from Carnival Splendor -April 2, 2014

Radio

The whirlpool on deck 10, is that the linear adult only hot tub? Is it inside where people eat at those tables and chairs?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think since you posted this question it has kind of been answered, but just to clarify: whirlpools on deck 10 overlook the Splendido "main" pool with the retractable roof and movie screen. There are tables and chairs to sit at up there also. Lots of kids were in them on our 2 cruises. And yes, the floor gets very wet! :eek: It is inside. The adults only pool/whirlpools are deck 9 (Lido) aft. (Liner Lido pool) Where the Tandoor and Deli are. You can see in Radio's pictures posted today the Tandoor buffet area (before set up) The deli is on the opposite side, these tables and chairs "encircle" the pool and lounge chairs and there is a bar back there also. It is outside and just FYI, the deck gets HOT. Be sure to wear something on your feet when you're back there! :eek: OP, sorry for the highjack. Also, for anyone interested, check out cruisedeckplans.com Click on CCL, then Splendor, then on the "drag decks" icon on the left and you can see all the decks and what is above and below.

I think since you posted this question it has kind of been answered, but just to clarify: whirlpools on deck 10 overlook the Splendido "main" pool with the retractable roof and movie screen. There are tables and chairs to sit at up there also. Lots of kids were in them on our 2 cruises. And yes, the floor gets very wet! :eek: It is inside. The adults only pool/whirlpools are deck 9 (Lido) aft. (Liner Lido pool) Where the Tandoor and Deli are. You can see in Radio's pictures posted today the Tandoor buffet area (before set up) The deli is on the opposite side, these tables and chairs "encircle" the pool and lounge chairs and there is a bar back there also. It is outside and just FYI, the deck gets HOT. Be sure to wear something on your feet when you're back there! :eek: OP, sorry for the highjack. Also, for anyone interested, check out cruisedeckplans.com Click on CCL, then Splendor, then on the "drag decks" icon on the left and you can see all the decks and what is above and below.

Thanks Karen for the link!! and the explanation…I was intrigued when I read the Splendor is the only one in her class with Carnival…we have sailed all classes I think except this ship!!

So the Liner Lido pool area is adults only? I see on the deck plan of Splendor that the adults only Serenity area is on deck 12. I don't see any pool or hot tub in that area. Is that correct?

No, Serenity on Splendor is kind of a joke. It's just lounge chairs with cusions. No hammocks or clam shells or whirlpools :( and the mini golf actually overlooks the area. The Liner pool is adults only, but it's kind of silly because that is where the Tandoor and Deli are, so anyone can go out there. Not a smart design! :eek:

Right, no pool or hot tub in The Serenity area. The Serenity area on The Splendor is not as large as the Serenity areas on other ships. It also doesn't have the funky hammocks or those loungers that are a circular clamshell shape. I still found it very relaxing last August when we sailed. The Serenity area did have a waiter coming around to take drink orders, which was nice.

Dina

Is there food in that area? It just seems an odd place for a whirlpool, it looks like it's in the middle of a buffet seating area...

No, Serenity on Splendor is kind of a joke. It's just lounge chairs with cusions. No hammocks or clam shells or whirlpools :( and the mini golf actually overlooks the area. The Liner pool is adults only, but it's kind of silly because that is where the Tandoor and Deli are, so anyone can go out there. Not a smart design! :eek:

Is there a bar on the Splendor Serenity? I didn't finish reading the entire thread, so I apologize if this has been discussed. Thanks.

Is there food in that area? It just seems an odd place for a whirlpool, it looks like it's in the middle of a buffet seating area...

No. The Lido buffet is one deck down, but people will carry their food up there and eat. Nice view looking over the Splendido pool. Best time to use the whirlpools there is around 5 pm. The place was always deserted around then.

Amen, Karry, Amen!! We always hang out at Serenity on the ships that have them, but when we were on the Splendor we didn't spend one minute there. Thank goodness we has an aft wrap!!!

No. The Lido buffet is one deck down, but people will carry their food up there and eat. Nice view looking over the Splendido pool. Best time to use the whirlpools there is around 5 pm. The place was always deserted around then.

No food up there and as Jamman said, buffet is downstairs. The grill and pizza are by the pool, otherwise you go inside to the buffet. Or down and over and up to the Rottisserie! That whirlpool area is really kind of strange. There are tables and chairs to sit at, there is a ping pong table up there if I remember correctly but it's kind of like an area that is extra and they said what should we put here lol. :confused: It's kind of dark too. Has nice views of the pool as Jamman said and nice views out the windows of the ocean also! But it's kind of weird!!! :eek:

Hello everyone. . . Today was a great day for weather. . . The sun was very warm (74F) and the skies were clear. I was even able to doze off for a bit after lunch today. Carnival Splendor slowed down quickly and made a U-turn for a few moments when a small vessel was viewed from the bridge. It appeared abandoned, but the Captain suggested that they were required to offer assistance if needed. It turned out that it was an abandoned “life boat” (Suggested by an officer). After just a 15 minute delay we headed back on our way to Port Canaveral. We are still scheduled to arrive by 7AM tomorrow morning. . .

The Seuss-a-Palooza event was a big hit for parents with children onboard. The kids seem to love it too! About 25 kids were invited to be a part of the parade, and many were given signs and banners to carry while in the parade. The Cat in the Hat was the big star, and the kids really loved the event. CD Eric was the leader of the parade, and the book read at the end. . . The Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast will be on the final Sea Day!

Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

The AFT pool was very busy all day. . .

C9.JPG

The cover was slid back on the Lido Pool too. . . It was a nice with warm sun. . .

C10.JPG

The Seuss-a-Palooza Parade started aft and went along Deck 5 all the way to

the Theater

C11.JPG

Thing 1, Thing 2, and Sam I am were in the parade as well !

C12.JPG

The Dr. Seuss characters made their way on stage in the Spectacular Theater.

C14.JPG

The kids were all invited on stage before a reading of “Cat in the Hat”

C15.JPG

Edited by Radio

There are so many activities today including Trivia, Cooking Demos, Ice Carving, Slot Tournaments, and many others. . .

I will scan and post the Fun Times when I return. ...

Thank you so much for the wonderful LIVE posts. I look forward to looking at the FunTimes after you get back.:)

Edited by cruiseinfoseeker

Thanks Karen for the link!! and the explanation…I was intrigued when I read the Splendor is the only one in her class with Carnival…we have sailed all classes I think except this ship!!

This is because it was originally a Concordia Ship.:eek:

Hello everyone . . . Good Morning and Welcome to DAY 4 of “LIVE” from Carnival Splendor.I could see the lights from the Space Coast at 3AM this morning as we were very close. Disney Fantasy first docked at about 5AM (Pier 8). She was followed by Carnival Dream who docked at about 6AM (Pier 10). CD Eric announced to passengers that we would be docking a little late today due to a delay with local officials (In other words there may have been a shortage of pilots) We pulled past Jetty Park at around 645 and were alongside Pier 6 at about 715AM. The Captain has cleared the gangway for passengers going ashore at 815.

I’m not sure where I will be going today. . .I have thought about going over to Jetty Park Beach, or maybe down to Cocoa Beach. I have a car rental reserved, but I will wait and see how the day goes.

The forecast for today will be nice. I am expecting sunny skies with warm temps (82F).

Here are a few pics from my arrival this morning to Port Canaveral Florida.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

We enter Port Canaveral past Jetty Park

D1.JPG

We make our way to the West Turning basin. . .

D2.JPG

This will be the New home of Cruise Terminal 1 (Royal Caribbean)

D3.JPG

I can see Carnival Dream, and Disney Fantasy who will share Port Canaveral with us today.

D5.JPG

The NEW Cruise Terminal 6 (Carnival). . . The home of Carnival Splendor for the day.

D6.JPG

We have arrived! I will go ashore around 10AM . . . .

D7.JPG

Edited by Radio

I watched y'all this morning from the portcanaveral web cam at Fishlips. I was really watching the Dream because I will be cruising on her in 15 days out of NOLA. Then y'all popped into the picture. Reading this now makes me wish I would have took a screen shot and posted it. Dang it! I'm always a day late and a dollar short. Sorry but I'm enjoying the review!!!!

Hello everyone. . . I made it back to the ship around 3PM and I am dog tired. . .

I usually spend a lot of time over at Kennedy Space Center, but I decide to stay local today. I rented a car over at Budget (Astronaut Blvd) and I went over to the South Pier Area. My first stop was Ron Jon Resort. I have stayed there before, but it was back when they first opened, and I wanted to see what was new. I may be staying there for a possible upcoming Cruise. Ron Jon resort is delightful. . .It is as beautiful as I remembered, and the Waterpark there looks very inviting. I may indeed be back to spend a night or 2.

I used to frequent Jetty Park for some pre cruise relaxation, but I haven’t been since the hurricane tore the place up several years ago. Port Canaveral really made things much better by adding a new visitor center, with rentals, bait, and Jetty Park Grill with good food, and lots of cold beverages. I walked down to the beach area and real wish I would have taken my trunks as the water looked very inviting. I need to come back to do some fishing very early in the morning. . .

I visited the Exploration Tower that last time I was in Port Canaveral (Jan 2014-Carnival Pride), but the clouds were heavy, we had a lot of rain for that cruise. I thought I would explore the tower again with beautiful sunny skies. The views are spectacular, and you can see all ships in port, all of Port Canaveral, Banana River. . . The exhibitions inside have to do with the port facilities, Space Coast, and the environment. It is a must see attraction in Port Canaveral.

My last 2 stops didn’t pay off as I went to the Manatee Sanctuary Park, and Canaveral Locks where I have seen live Manatee several times. . . Oh well, I saw only one at the locks, but couldn’t focus my Camera in time. . I know I know. . . My camera should always be ready, right?

I made it back to the ship to upload my pics with a fast connection, but I think I may “watch the news” for a few minutes before Sail away at 6PM. Tomorrow is Nassau day. . .We are scheduled to arrive by 11AM.

Here are a few pics from today . . . Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort is a place I want to spend a few days. . .

DD9.JPG

The water is very inviting

DD8.JPG

The fishing seemed to be great at Jetty Park

DD3.JPG

The beaches at Jetty Park were visited by many people. . . And lots of Cruise

Passengers.

DD5.JPG

This sign makes it seem easy to escape from a rip current ?

DD4.JPG

The New Royal Caribbean Terminal (CT-1) will be large enough to accommodate Oasis Class vessels.

DD7.JPG