So Long Sapphire....You Will Be Missed!

MTJSR

Princess had better not change these two ships for the entire Japanese market. If they do they will be ruined for any other cruisers. Fine to add this and that for a few seasons but not forever. Both Sapphire and Diamond will be ruined if they stay too long in the Japanese market.

I will miss the Sapphire!!! She is definitely one of my favorites!

I do wish Princess would send a newer ship to the west coast. It would be awesome to see the Royal move to this coast once the Regal is on line. Based on history I doubt that Princess will make that decision. The west coast only gets the old ships or ones that have already been on the east coast for a few years. I hope someone from Princess reads this! We want a new ship!! :D

I'm grateful that Princess is willing to have a ship on the West Coast. we became very loyal to Royal Caribbean, and they dumped us on the West Coast.

So, I came back to Princess, and enjoy the product well. There is no such thing a a bad cruise...........at least in my mind!

Rick

Princess had better not change these two ships for the entire Japanese market. If they do they will be ruined for any other cruisers. Fine to add this and that for a few seasons but not forever. Both Sapphire and Diamond will be ruined if they stay too long in the Japanese market.
The Diamond will be sailing out of Japan and is receiving some modifications during her drydock. At least for the next 12 months, the Sapphire is sailing out of Singapore, Shanghai and Beijing with no stops in Japan.

It would be awesome to see the Royal move to this coast once the Regal is on line. Based on history I doubt that Princess will make that decision. The west coast only gets the old ships or ones that have already been on the east coast for a few years. I hope someone from Princess reads this! We want a new ship!! :D

If Princess thought they could fill the Royal or Rgeal (largest passenger capacity in the fleet) on the West coast consistently without deep discounting, they would do so.

Welcome sapphire princess. I am delighted its going to Asia and I get to cruise on her in January.

I second this, very excited to be cruising on her in December! Heard great things about her, so can't wait to see for ourselves. :)

I too welcome Sapphire Princess to Asian waters. We have cruised on the Diamond twice and loved the layout and anytime dining restaurants as compared to the Sea/Sun/Dawn that are based here in Oz.

We have booked on the Sapphire from Singapore in January and will be happy to report back any changes.

I believe the Diamond only does Asia/Oz, not Alaska any more? Correct me if I am wrong. Will the Sapphire go anywhere else for half of the year?

I too welcome Sapphire Princess to Asian waters. We have cruised on the Diamond twice and loved the layout and anytime dining restaurants as compared to the Sea/Sun/Dawn that are based here in Oz.

We have booked on the Sapphire from Singapore in January and will be happy to report back any changes.

I believe the Diamond only does Asia/Oz, not Alaska any more? Correct me if I am wrong. Will the Sapphire go anywhere else for half of the year?

I believe the Diamond's last Alaska season was 2012. No more northern Trans Pacifics offered on her from Whittier to Beijing. There are still blank spaces on her schedule for May, July and August (charters?) but for the rest of the time between now and February of 2015 the Sapphire is sailing from Beijing, Shanghai and Singapore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app