While on the Beach

kyleg2949

It really depends on where we are. On one of the private islands, I keep my money, & IDs in a waterproof pouch which hangs around my neck. My towel, etc. just stays in my chair on the beach. I've been on 30 cruises and never had anything touched while I snorkel. If I'm on an excursion, I leave my stuff on the snorkel boat, if I'm at a public beach, I rent a locker and keep all my things there until I finish snorkeling.

What do you do with your belongings while swimming or snorkeling?

We also keep our bare minimal belongings in a waterproof container that is with us at all times. DH doesn't go out swimming too much so often he is lounging on the beach with a drink in his hand and our belongings. We have never had any issues or heard of any bad experiences but you definitely need to be cautious and smart about it.

No one wants your clothes or flip flops. We don't bring much....some cash, and 1 credit card NOT linked to the ship's account! If I'm just taking a quick dip, I can see my "stuff" from the water....I just stick my stuff in a small tote and keep an eye on it.

If you have a velcoed pocket, you can stick stuff in there. Credit cards are plastic...and cash will still spend if wet!

Do you like the Kyss bag? I looked into it but they are having trouble with a supplier or something and don't have any bags right now. They hope to have them available again this month. Although I was hopeful, it doesn't look like I'll have it for this cruise. :(

ETA: Just missed it - Notice: March 31, 2014 - We apologize for our lack of bags at this time. But we have been advised that the manufacturing of our new order should be completed by the end of this week or early next week. And we expect to have all of our products back in stock by April 15th.

Edited by LadyDAC

We have yet to rent a locker at the beach. We are either with our bags getting some sun, or are very close to it at the edge of the water.

We do however, have an empty plastic wet wipes container that we leave one towel sticking out of the top. and inside, we keep whatever we don't want just laying out in the bag. It has worked so far. ;)