Experience with O Air, west coast to Europe?

Sopwith

If anyone has experience with Oceania air from the west coast of NA to Europe (specifically YVR to LHR) I'd like to hear it. Which airlines, how many connections, and what kind of schedule - did you arrive the day of departure, after a redeye?

Thanks.

If anyone has experience with Oceania air from the west coast of NA to Europe (specifically YVR to LHR) I'd like to hear it. Which airlines, how many connections, and what kind of schedule - did you arrive the day of departure, after a redeye?

Thanks.

The answer to this question won't do you much good because as they say in all of the Banking Advertisements "Past performance is no guarantee of future results".

Either you can live with "luck of the draw" or you cannot.

Luckily, if you cannot, the Deviation option is still on the table. :D

Check our how much you'd get for an air credit from O. We'd also be flying from YVR and I can do it cheaper myself based on 2014 fares combined with paying the deviation fee. And make sure you add 10% to what they'd give you as the credit is in US$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Air Canada has non-stop flights from YVR to LHR. I would pay the Deviation fee for the direct flights. There are many one stop flights through Toronto or Montreal.

Cheers,

Don

Yes, this is the obvious choice, as long as AC doesn't Rogue this route. If they do it's a no-go.

In the past I have bagged F seats on BA with points, but none available for this year.

O has tentatively quoted a credit of ~$800-850, which is a bit lower than it should be, as I've discussed in other threads.

Thx for the responses. I was just looking for past experience to judge how they make these arrangements. They suggested it could be the redeye arriving in LHR the day of departure, which is another no-go.

They suggested it could be the redeye arriving in LHR the day of departure, which is another no-go.

When using O's included air you will always arrive the day of the cruise departure UNLESS you pay the deviation fee or book one of Oceania's hotel packages

Edited by LHT28

Thanks for the responses. The point is now moot - just booked on Princess, Vancouver round trip.

Admittedly, Princess is not quite up to the same standard as O on board, but we've done it before and it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. For the price (<50% of O for the same length of time, and no flying involved :D) it is eminently do-able.

We'll save the TATL on O for a time when we can get the F seats on BA with points. Maybe next year if I get my act together early enough.

Again, thanks.

Thanks for the responses. The point is now moot - just booked on Princess, Vancouver round trip.

Admittedly, Princess is not quite up to the same standard as O on board, but we've done it before and it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. For the price (<50% of O for the same length of time, and no flying involved :D) it is eminently do-able.

We'll save the TATL on O for a time when we can get the F seats on BA with points. Maybe next year if I get my act together early enough.

Again, thanks.

"... and no flying involved"

Huh??? How does Princess get you from "the west coast of NA to Europe" w/o flying?

For others that might read this thread for the flight routing questions from the OP, our O arranged flights from YVR to 'Europe', i.e. Barcelona via Frankfurt, and I'd expect the same for LHR, have always been red-eyes. We have chosen them even with paid for deviation requests. We have only had to fly though Toronto (due to available flights and our schedule) once but otherwise the much preferred polar route direct.

We have been booked on Lufthansa & AC which I begrudgingly admit was surprisingly good. The key I think is that with the polar route the flight out from YVR is international vs. a long domestic flight to Toronto then Intl'l. That plus just matter of sleeping a little longer is a reason we also prefer to cruise Europe than the long domestic flight, still with a stop over / transfer to say Miami.

Glad you got your trip arranged so fast and to you satisfaction.

Edited by YoHoHo