Miami Hotel view Ships?

Tetromibi

We just got off the Breeze 2 weeks ago. Stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Got luck with a room on the 9th floor facing the pier. Watched the ships turn around in the bay and sail back out that night.

Also, right across the street is Bayside Marketplace. Nice group of restaurants and shops to pass the time. I would ask for a room with a view though, as not all rooms faced the port. Maybe a 3 star hotel, but very nice.

If you are looking for something real nice, check out the InterContinental Hotel. Very nice.

But I don't think either has balconies. Just nice big windows

My wife and I have stayed several times at the Intercontinental Hotel on Chopin Plaza in downtown Miami. One side of the hotel is directly across from the cruise port and offers great views of the port and the cruise ships. If you wish to guarantee a port view, the hotel will accomodate you for an increase in your room rate. You can get the same view for free by walking outside to the outdoor pool/bar area which has the same view as the rooms. This hotel is also a five minute walk from Bayside Marketplace. The Holiday Inn mentioned in an earlier post is directly across a major street from Bayside, the Intercontinental is next door to Bayside. Both hotels are favorite pre or post cruise hotels for the Port of Miami.

If you decide to consider the Intercontinental I usually have good luck with rates using Lastminutetravel.com.

In addition to the Holiday Inn, IC, and Doubletree you should also check out the Marriott (next door to the Doubletree); most of these hotels will charge extra for port view rooms.

My wife and I have stayed several times at the Intercontinental Hotel on Chopin Plaza in downtown Miami. One side of the hotel is directly across from the cruise port and offers great views of the port and the cruise ships. If you wish to guarantee a port view, the hotel will accomodate you for an increase in your room rate. You can get the same view for free by walking outside to the outdoor pool/bar area which has the same view as the rooms. This hotel is also a five minute walk from Bayside Marketplace. The Holiday Inn mentioned in an earlier post is directly across a major street from Bayside, the Intercontinental is next door to Bayside. Both hotels are favorite pre or post cruise hotels for the Port of Miami.

If you decide to consider the Intercontinental I usually have good luck with rates using Lastminutetravel.com.

I have a room in May at the Intercontinental. How do you get a view guarantee using last minute travel?

I have a room in May at the Intercontinental. How do you get a view guarantee using last minute travel?

We always book with Last Minute Travel and then email the hotel with a request for a room on a high floor with a nice port view! Would recommend to become a member of their Priority Club on the IHG website and mention your member number when doing the request. Good luck! Intercontinental Miami downtown is awesome!

We always book with Last Minute Travel and then email the hotel with a request for a room on a high floor with a nice port view! Would recommend to become a member of their Priority Club on the IHG website and mention your member number when doing the request. Good luck! Intercontinental Miami downtown is awesome!

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.

Won't they charge you their own (higer) rates and thus losing the benefit of the discount booking?

Or is it a percentage?

Won't they charge you their own (higer) rates and thus losing the benefit of the discount booking?

Or is it a percentage?

No they don't. We have been staying at Intercontinental Miami twice a year since 2009 and they have always fulfilled our request. Becoming a member of their loyalty program is free.

No they don't. We have been staying at Intercontinental Miami twice a year since 2009 and they have always fulfilled our request. Becoming a member of their loyalty program is free.

Forgot to add that our stays were booked through LMT.

Thanks for the last minute travel tip! I booked the Intercontinental at a great rate for a pre cruise stay!

Years ago got IC on priceline at a very good rate and asked if we could get a port view room. They accomodated us and the view from the floor to ceiling windows were fantastic.

It would have been worth the extra money.

We booked on Priceline (choose your own rate) and got the Marriott Biscayne Bay...when we got their, we asked for a non smoking room facing the port, and they gave it to us...no extra charge. It was a beautiful room...and we would stay there again in a heartbeat.

We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn POM. This was convenient to the Bayside Marketplace with lots of little shops and restaurants...right across the street.

Either one of these would be a great for pre-cruise hotel.:D

We were thinkinga bout booking a room where we can wake up and be able to see this cruise ships from the balcony. Does anybody have any experience with hotels where this is possible?

look up b2 Miami, looks like nice views.:)

look up b2 Miami, looks like nice views.:)

No balconies, although cheaper I've read some bad reviews (thin walls, one elevator, cheapest rooms just have a small basement style window which is worthless, etc). It was my first choice untill they never replied an simple email if their rooms have a minibar or at least ice buckets..

Sorry for the rant but with their lowrise building the other hotels nearby offer a better value, better port views from what I've read. Try booking one of those through the online discounters mentioned on CC?

Celly, we use LastMinute travel and are members of the IHG priority club but have been unable to pull our reservation up with the ressie # supplied by LastMinuteTravel.

When you email IHG how do they look up your ressie to add your requests?

Celly, we use LastMinute travel and are members of the IHG priority club but have been unable to pull our reservation up with the ressie # supplied by LastMinuteTravel.

When you email IHG how do they look up your ressie to add your requests?

You can not pull up the reservation number as the LMT number is different. Send them an email telling that you have confirmed reservations for arrival (date) departure ( date) , number of persons, name,, Priority Club number and kindly request them to grant you a ........ room on a high floor with a nice bay view!

That' s the way I have always done it. Email the reservations department at IHC Miami.

Today in a week I will be staying there again.

Enjoy your stay.

No they don't. We have been staying at Intercontinental Miami twice a year since 2009 and they have always fulfilled our request. Becoming a member of their loyalty program is free.[/quote

Do you have any advise for a dinner and breakfast in the area of Intercontinental?

No they don't. We have been staying at Intercontinental Miami twice a year since 2009 and they have always fulfilled our request. Becoming a member of their loyalty program is free.[/quote

Do you have any advise for a dinner and breakfast in the area of Intercontinental?

There are several options in Bayside which is a mall within easy walking distance of the hotel. And South Beach is resplendant with many options just a shrt cab ride away.

We have enjoyed dinners on Ocean Blvd a few times at a place call A Fish called Avalon. Lot's of great choices fish or beef.

You can not pull up the reservation number as the LMT number is different. Send them an email telling that you have confirmed reservations for arrival (date) departure ( date) , number of persons, name,, Priority Club number and kindly request them to grant you a ........ room on a high floor with a nice bay view!

That' s the way I have always done it. Email the reservations department at IHC Miami.

Today in a week I will be staying there again.

Enjoy your stay.

How far in advance to you usually email them?

I emailed them this week for my stay in May.

I had two room ressies that I booked with LMT and it to them a bit of work to find them. Made a few special requests that were added to the ressie.

Now I have the room reessie numbers for the Intercontinental ressie system as well