Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Thank you so much, Bret!!! Between the time I wrote this and now, my guy stepped-up and got us a YC suite. He chose 16001 but said 15008, 15022 and 15024 also are available and we could switch. Did he make the right choice? I'm thinking I like the side cabins and locations on 15, but I have no basis for that. Can you let me know what you think? Is any one preferable re size or location? Carol

Carol, 16001 is on the very front of the ship. Also the 1500's are closer to the TopSail lounge. Of course the 16001 is one deck below the One Pool deck. We have been in several of those on deck 15 and prefer them to on deck 16. There will be lots of wind when ship is sailing on the front. But many like those balconies.

Can you let me know what you think? Is any one preferable re size or location? Carol

Personally I like any of those on Deck 15 better. You will have plexiglass on your balcony so when you are sitting you can actually see the water. The cabin on Deck 16 has a large portion of the balcony space unusable and is steel in the front. Therefore, seeing the ocean only if standing. Plus the wind as someone else mentioned.

Also, obviously the amenties make up for it but wanted to make sure you knew the YC cabins you mentioned are only 233.9 sq ft so smaller than the Aurea.

Just my thoughts....

Bret

Edited by cruiseguyinorl
Added sq ft of YC

Bret, thank you for the heads up. I did not know YC cabins are smaller. That square footage does not include the bathroom, does it? Also, any idea about the balcony size? I'm just looking for "ammunition" to keep the yacht club suite!

Yes, that includes the bathroom.

233.9 sq ft (201.1 sq ft stateroom + 32.8 sq ft bathroom) Balcony is 61.4 sq ft.

Bret

Well, that's quite a bit smaller as well as a bit disappointing. We might change back to Aurea now.

Thanks again for all your help.

Well, I feel a little guilty asking for info on more cabins, but the Aurea suites we asked about earlier are no longer available. Could you please tell me size of these cabins and whether they have bathtubs? Still available are:

9007, 10002 and 11001, 2, 3, 4 5, 7. Of course if there are any to avoid, please let me know. Carol

Carol, if it were me (and I can speak for others as well), if you were comfortable with the price of the Yacht Club, I would stay there in spite of the cabin size (but change to a side cabin). The amenities and exclusivity more than make up for the cabin. If you are adamant about going back to Aurea, be careful with the cabins. Some you listed are smaller than the YC.

Includes bathroom:

9007 = 253.9 sq ft

10002 = 221.0 sq ft

11001 - 11004 = 268.7 sq ft

11005 = 259.4 sq ft

11007 = 231.3 sq ft

All Aurea suites have bathtubs. Hope this helps.

Bret

We cruised in YC in suite 15004 (second cabin on starboard side). Balcony had the steel, not plexiglas, but we were only steps away from YC Lounge. The cabin was average size, very comfortable, balcony was fine and out of direct wind from front of ship. Location was great; YC lounge is tremendous; great seating arrangements and fantastic service. LeMuse, YC dining room, is unmatched on the ship; it is like eating in a 5 star restaurant. The service is unbelievable. We cruised once before on Divina in balcony suite 13065. The overhang from deck 14 offered great shade. As Floridians, we know to limit exposure to sun. Food in MDR was good, but nowhere like LeMuse. After the YC, I would never settle for less.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

Can I get that information for stateroom # 9160 please?

Can I get that information for stateroom # 9160 please?

It's a standard sized balcony cabin

192 sq ft (168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq ft balcony

It is situated on the central hump so will not be affected by the deck 14 overhang and is opposite the entrance to the central bank of lifts.

This may be a good or bad thing depending on your point of view. It makes access to other areas of the ship very easy, with a minimum of walking (good for people with mobility issues); but it could be thought that there would be a noise issue as guest leave the lifts for the walk back to their cabins.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...thank you for the awesome list of information. can I assume (no, I shouldn't) that cabin 13050 is the same size as the other one you listed, I think 13045? Also, do you know if cabin 13050 has a tub or just shower?

Thank you for your wonderful knowledge and assistance!

Wow...thank you for the awesome list of information. can I assume (no, I shouldn't) that cabin 13050 is the same size as the other one you listed, I think 13045? Also, do you know if cabin 13050 has a tub or just shower?

Thank you for your wonderful knowledge and assistance!

13050 and 13045 are the same size

As far as I know the only cabins with baths are the suites, the YC cabins

and a few on decks 8 and 9

Pete

Any body now about room 8258 b1.please let me know about balcony. I hope we can see ocean not the life bots

You do not have a lifeboat below you so you can see the ocean, but only, if you stand up as you have a metal balcony not a plexiglass one.

Pete

here's where it is

8258.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Bret, Pete - You gave me great advice choosing our YC cabin on Divina. Now we're booking Seaside for 2018. Does anyone have information on Seaside Althea Grand Suite cabins? We're trying to decide between 11003, 11002 and 9001. Thanks!

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

We're sailing divina 7/22/17 room 11265 deck

11 obviously. Do you know the balcony view for this. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums