Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Bret, Pete - You gave me great advice choosing our YC cabin on Divina. Now we're booking Seaside for 2018. Does anyone have information on Seaside Althea Grand Suite cabins? We're trying to decide between 11003, 11002 and 9001. Thanks!

Try this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2293334&highlight=seaside+forward+facing+suites

and this one

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2515425&highlight=seaside+forward+facing+suites

Thanks, Pete. I looked at the posts you suggested and they, like many other posts, appear to be speculative at this point. I guess we'll wait a while to see if MSC releases more cabin information as the Seaside gets closer to completion. We have an upcoming cruise in a YC1 Divina cabin and if Yacht Club is as nice as many have reported, we may want to do that again and my Aurea Grand Suite confusion may not matter!

Wow great thread.

Would like a cabin on Deck #13, with regular size (not smaller) balcony without a large overhang. Do any of these B-2's on Deck 13 have shower/bath?

Thanks so much for any help.

Wow great thread.

Would like a cabin on Deck #13, with regular size (not smaller) balcony without a large overhang. Do any of these B-2's on Deck 13 have shower/bath?

Thanks so much for any help.

in a word NO

pete

• 2 weeks later...
Are some cabins red and some brown? I want that sensuous red. We're in stateroom 13054. Any info? Thank you!

We were in Cabin 13050 and it was brown. Pretty nice room and nice shower...except for the water pressure was almost nonexistent after the first day for hot water. Think there was a water break somewhere but never heard for sure...there was a lot of wet carpet for days at the back of the ship though on several decks and it really smelled.

Are some cabins red and some brown? I wantthat sensuous red. We're in stateroom 13054. Any info? Thank you!

It is one of the cabins with a larger balcony(~90 sq ft, as against astandard balcony which is 42 sq ft), but in saying that the field of view is restrictedforwards by the hump wall

It will be affected by the deck14 overhang

It is close to the lifts which give access to the theatre but it will be afair old trek to the dining rooms

This is what your balcony will look like except it will be a mirror image of it

balconysecondbigggestcorner.jpg

Pete

We were in Cabin 13050 and it was brown. Pretty nice room and nice shower...except for the water pressure was almost nonexistent after the first day for hot water. Think there was a water break somewhere but never heard for sure...there was a lot of wet carpet for days at the back of the ship though on several decks and it really smelled.

Thank you for your help!

I am not 100% sure I am right, but from what I read on my Group Contract The various categories of balcony rooms have to do with the associated "experience"

B1 are Bella Cabins

B2 are Fantastica Cabins

B3 are Aura Cabins.

To get the cabin you must purchase the appropriate experience. It is possible to get "upgrade to a higher category cabin, but in doing so you keep your former "experience" This is true if MSC upgrades you, but if you upgrade yourself, you get the new experience, but you are paying the difference.

In the online booking, you first choose the type of cabin you want ( inside, Oceanview Balcony, etc.) and then you choose your "experience" Then you get to select the room from those assigned to those choices.

I am not 100% sure I am right, but from what I read on my Group Contract The various categories of balcony rooms have to do with the associated "experience"

B1 are Bella Cabins

B2 are Fantastica Cabins

B3 are Aura Cabins.

To get the cabin you must purchase the appropriate experience. It is possible to get "upgrade to a higher category cabin, but in doing so you keep your former "experience" This is true if MSC upgrades you, but if you upgrade yourself, you get the new experience, but you are paying the difference.

In the online booking, you first choose the type of cabin you want ( inside, Oceanview Balcony, etc.) and then you choose your "experience" Then you get to select the room from those assigned to those choices.

We booked a B1 GTY, Bella experience (Divina). We were assigned a B2, but experience will remain Bella. Is that correct?

I like what was assigned: Deck 10 starboard, on the back bump out. Near the aft elevators. Anything to "beware" of there? What do the experts think?

We booked a B1 GTY, Bella experience (Divina). We were assigned a B2, but experience will remain Bella. Is that correct?

I like what was assigned: Deck 10 starboard, on the back bump out. Near the aft elevators. Anything to "beware" of there? What do the experts think?

Your experience will remain as Bella. However, the only 'benefit' you'll be out is the free room service. It sounds like you'll be assigned to, IMHO, the nicer, smaller, MDR, Villa Rossa, on deck 6 which is awkward to get to except when using the aft elevators which bring you directly to the MDR entrance. It's actually situated at the back of the bigger MDR, Black Crab, which is situated on decks 5 & 6. So to get to it when you're out around the ship, you need to go to deck 7, walk aft (crossing over the Black Crab beneath), then down one flight to deck 6.

Your experience will remain as Bella. However, the only 'benefit' you'll be out is the free room service. It sounds like you'll be assigned to, IMHO, the nicer, smaller, MDR, Villa Rossa, on deck 6 which is awkward to get to except when using the aft elevators which bring you directly to the MDR entrance. It's actually situated at the back of the bigger MDR, Black Crab, which is situated on decks 5 & 6. So to get to it when you're out around the ship, you need to go to deck 7, walk aft (crossing over the Black Crab beneath), then down one flight to deck 6.

Thanks.

Villa Rosa sounds nice. We have late seating.

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

How about 15006? Please and thanks?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

cabin 8026 & 11242, 11289 on MSC Splendida please

8026 is a standard cabin but has a metal balcony Bella experience

11242 and 11289 are both stern cabins with larger balconies, 95 sq. ft. as opposed to the standard balcony of 42 sq. ft. Fantastica experience

all the cabins are 192 q. ft. ( 168 living area ; 24 bathroom)

No contest 11242 or 11289 much better, unless price is an issue for you

Pete

How about 15006? Please and thanks?

My wife and I had cabin 15004 last year; very nice cabin, great location only a few steps from the YC main desk and lounge. Best cruise we ever had and we normally cruise 2-3 times a year. The YC dining room is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I had cabin 15004 last year; very nice cabin, great location only a few steps from the YC main desk and lounge. Best cruise we ever had and we normally cruise 2-3 times a year. The YC dining room is fantastic.

Was it your first MSC. How was the restaurant?

Was it your first MSC. How was the restaurant?

It was our 2nd Divina cruise; first was in 13065 (balcony cabin - not YC). In my opinion, The YC restaurant is close to a 5 star restaurant. The food is superb and the service second to none. We ate every meal in Le Muse. Our butler, Franco, was outstanding and surpassed our greatest expectations. The YC lounge is a great place to sit, relax, make new friends, read a book, etc. They serve you snacks and drinks while you relax. The folks at the YC main desk answer any question you may have and make any reservations you request. You have priority for embarkation and disembarkation. The YC is just a wonderful experience.

Looking for any info on Divina cabin 10238. Couch or upper berth? Size? All info appreciated. Thank you.

From my deck plan the third berth is a bunk (upper berth)

It is a special needs cabin and so is ~ 50% bigger than the corresponding standard inside cabin. which would make it ~250-260 sq. ft. total (living area + bathroom)

I would expect the bathroom to be 36-40 sq. ft.

Pete

I found this on the technical specs sheet for DIVINA

insige%20H.jpg

Edited by Skier52