no milkshakes on the Royal?

58Piano

I had read that too.

I find it hard to believe but I guess its possible.

Maybe someone will have some firsthand knowledge.

I find it funny that when I asked this question a few weeks ago you said yes, Even though you have never been on the Royal Princess.... I really wish people who have never been on the Royal would stop posting Misinformation.... The Royal is way different then the rest of the fleet...

Can't link but there is a thread on this about 1 page back.

I find this funny too as I had to go back 10 pages to find any thread and it was mine.....

OP.... Here is the thread and can tell you I have also read many reviews that no Milkshakes are on Royal.... Someone that was recently on Royal Confirmed that in this thread.... The answer is No!!! They do not AT THIS TIME SERVE MILKSHAKES ON THE ROYAL.... This will not make or break my cruise but I really would appreciate true experience rather than assumption about the Royal.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2014480

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015618&highlight=milkshakes

Edited by jagmanss1

Sorry, my fault. I had a filter on that only shows threads I have already accessed. Page 2 for me, page 8 or so otherwise..

I find it funny that when I asked this question a few weeks ago you said yes, Even though you have never been on the Royal Princess.... I really wish people who have never been on the Royal would stop posting Misinformation.... The Royal is way different then the rest of the fleet...

I find this funny too as I had to go back 10 pages to find any thread and it was mine.....

OP.... Here is the thread and can tell you I have also read many reviews that no Milkshakes are on Royal.... Someone that was recently on Royal Confirmed that in this thread.... The answer is No!!! They do not AT THIS TIME SERVE MILKSHAKES ON THE ROYAL.... This will not make or break my cruise but I really would appreciate true experience rather than assumption about the Royal.....

I posted on one of the previous threads

No Milkshakes did I find on the Royal.....I had a hangover (must have been the Opus 1 the night before celebrating our 25th :rolleyes:)

The next day I searched the ship for a chocolate milkshake ( silly I know but it is my hangover cure) no milkshakes on the Royal.

Sad cause I have great memories of the chocolate malts and shakes I enjoyed on other Princess cruises. Most (not all) of those were actually consumed minus the hangover :D

All this over a milkshake! Congrats! :rolleyes:

All this over a milkshake! Congrats! :rolleyes:

WRONG!!! All this over your misinformation and posting about something you have not experienced yourself.... Granted you have a lot of experience and useful info,.but at times it just seems you are posting to bolster your post count... Wrong info is not useful info...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

WRONG!!! All this over your misinformation and posting about something you have not experienced yourself.... Granted you have a lot of experience and useful info,.but at times it just seems you are posting to bolster your post count... Wrong info is not useful info...

Yep I have thought the same thing.

I'm very surprised to learn this. And in Colo Cruiser's defense I would have probably just answered yes as well because we have been on many different Princess ships and milkshakes have always been available. So I guess the natural assumption is that you would find them on other Princess ships, especially a newer ship.

Out of curiosity I went to the Princess web site to see what it says on the page in which the Ultimate Soda & More Package is advertised and it does in fact include shakes as one of the listed items. Furthermore, it only states that shakes are not available on the Ocean and Pacific Princess in the asterisk below. (See Page 7)

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/Gifts_Services.pdf

So one would naturally assume if they are selling the package on the Royal it should include milkshakes. I think instead of being annoyed with Colo Cruiser for making an understandable error you might be annoyed with Princess for what seems to amount to false advertising. Perhaps they could invest in a blender for the Royal?

Edited by karatemom2

I could be wrong but I seem to recall reading something about milkshakes when reading about the gelato bar on the Royal and Regal on the princess website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did not see shakes being offered at the Gelato bar

Not sure what mocktail I would like. I mostly have not ever had them. Any of your favorites you can recomend?

Mocktails are simply cocktails without the spice ;)

Think upscale Shirley Temple.... They have "Nojitos" instead of mohitos, for example. Our son's favorite is the tropical blend. It's like a smoothie juice blend.

Not sure if we should get the soda more card now. Not sure what mocktail I would like. I mostly have not ever had them. Any of your favorites you can recomend?

Virgin Piña Colada and Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri are pretty tasty!

:D

Not sure if we should get the soda more card now. Not sure what mocktail I would like. I mostly have not ever had them. Any of your favorites you can recomend?

My 9yo son loved the Key West Cooler mocktail. He had several everyday! They are red and have several kinds of juice. The real drink has rum I believe. He also liked the Ultimate Cooler.

I hope the Royal gets milkshakes soon. Not that it is a deal breaker, but my boys had shakes everyday by the pool and I think my DH also enjoyed one or two. :)

When on Ruby Princess I had the Soda and More Package, went up to ice cream bar on Lido Deck and asked for a milkshake. It had an odd flat taste to it quite unlike what I might get at a chain ice cream store on land, more like melted malt balls than a chocolate milk shake. Is this the same on other ships, or are the milkshakes made by scooping ice cream and combining it with milk then blending them together? Just curious as to why it tasted weird.