Upgrade

satchiesmom

We just got an offer to upgrade from our SY to a Neptune Suite for $598 and we took it. It's one of the one's with a wrap around verandah and we thought it would be great for Alaska. I hope we did the right thing, having never been in a Neptune Suite.

We'll be in 5191, it was the only aft wrap left when I called.

You got Very lucky- 5190 and 5191 have the largest balconies on the ship!!! The balcony is about 450 square feet. Here is a link to pictures from 5191 Zuiderdam (cabins are identical to Westerdam).

http://halfacts.com/5191-zuiderdam-s/

It's a hike to the Neptune Lounge (take aft elevators up to 7) but we feel it's well worth it- especially for Alaska. The entire balcony area is covered.

Edited by frankc98376

We just got an offer to upgrade from our SY to a Neptune Suite for $598 and we took it. It's one of the one's with a wrap around verandah and we thought it would be great for Alaska. I hope we did the right thing, having never been in a Neptune Suite.

Great deal! I would love an aft-wrap for Alaska and 5191 has a huge balcony.

DaveOKC

Have a great cruise. And make sure you take advantage of all the amenities - there should be an umbrella, binocs and plaid blankets in the room, and enjoy all the tasty morsels (and cappuccinos, etc.,) in the Neptune Lounge - and of course, breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill, plus queue-jumping privileges when getting on or off! You'll be spoiled! You can have appies, etc., delivered to your suite, too, in case you decide to throw a party.:D

Congratulations on a great upgrade! For the same price, I was offered an upgrade from a SY to a SB or SC on the Westerdam and am so glad that I did so! Even, though it was not a wrap around balcony.

One of the nice perks of a Neptune Suite is having Room Service deliver at a time you specify the same type of cold and hot hors d'oerves that are being served in the lounges on that day. Arrange this through the Conceirge in the Neptune Lounge. It would be nice to have those nibbles along with the beverage of your choice as you relax on your large veranda watching the scenery.

Wnjoy!

Edited by rkacruiser

We'll be in 5191, it was the only aft wrap left when I called.

Not only is it the largest but it totally covered...a great feature for that Alaska liquid sunshine! We've have reserved the exact same suite for our 2015 cruise. Be prepared to be spoiled!:D

P.S. Be sure to check out the other Neptune Suite perks!

Thank you all for the responses and information. Now I'm really getting excited! :D

I'm in the same room the week before you - I'll try to keep it nice for you :D. They offered me an upsell to the Pinnacle Suite for $699 per person. I wasn't about to give up the best balcony on the ship, LOL.

I'm in the same room the week before you - I'll try to keep it nice for you :D. They offered me an upsell to the Pinnacle Suite for $699 per person. I wasn't about to give up the best balcony on the ship, LOL.

They offered us an upsell to the Pinnacle Suite also - for $1099 per person. I told them no thank you. The Neptune Suite will be sufficient. Enjoy Alaska and I appreciate you keeping the suite in good shape for us.

Thank you all for the responses and information. Now I'm really getting excited! :D

Recommendation:

Introduce yourself to the Conceirge in the Neptune Lounge as soon as possible after you embark and have been in your suite. In your suite, you should find a list of the perks for Neptune Suite guests, including the time and location of the Suite Cocktail Party that first evening after departing. You can then determine if you have any questions about any of the perks when you first meet the Conceirge and make whatever arrangements you might wish at that time. (If you change your mind as to what arrangements you do make then, they can easily be changed by the Conceirge.)

The reason I suggest you do this ASAP is to avoid presenting yourself later in the afternoon when they may be more busy. For me, I was on the Westerdam very early. (Priority Boarding before general embarkation was an appreciated perk, as well. The Cabin Steward was just finishing the preparation of my suite when I walked in the door.) After meeting the Conceirge, I then went to the Mariner's Embarkation Lunch and enjoyed a lovely, leisurely lunch.