How soon will we get tickets?

joeyillinois

Our cruise to Alaska on the Volendam leaves the end of May - how soon can I expect tickets to come to our home, or any correspondence/info from HAL?? We purchased online. We will leaving our home about 5 days before the cruise.

About 50 days from your cruise departure date, you can go online to the HAL website and download your Expressdocs (tickets) as well as luggage tags.

Thank you so much for the information -- I didn't see anything about that - They e-mailed for the final payment and haven't heard anything since then. Guess I'm not going to be offered any upgrades, beverage tickets or anything like that since it'll be 50 days in a couple of days. :)

You appear to be within that 50 day window. You should have received, at minimum, an e mail directing you to go on line and complete on line checkin. If you have done that already, you should be able to go on line and print your boarding passes. The print document includes your contract and a number of other documents- like 15-20 pages per pax. You only really need the one page boarding document for each person.

Thank you so much for the information -- I didn't see anything about that - They e-mailed for the final payment and haven't heard anything since then. Guess I'm not going to be offered any upgrades, beverage tickets or anything like that since it'll be 50 days in a couple of days. :)

Good afternoon,

Your assumption about not being offered anything isn't necessarily correct. OUr upgrades/upsells have come within about a week or two of sailing, not 50 days out. There's still hope (plenty of it) so keep positive thoughts going!

Karen

Good afternoon,

Your assumption about not being offered anything isn't necessarily correct. OUr upgrades/upsells have come within about a week or two of sailing, not 50 days out. There's still hope (plenty of it) so keep positive thoughts going!

Karen

Quite true. We got our one (and only) upgrade 2 days prior to cruising.

Have you gone to HAL's website (then under your account) to select any excursions? Also, if you want beverage packages, or dinner reservations in the specialty restaurants you will find those there also.

Edited by Linda&Vern

That gives me encouragement and I'll look about the documents being on line!!

Yes, don't give up on the upsell/upgrade opportunities. We received one for our upcoming cruise 19 days before sailing.