Vista Suite amenities

OldBoot

Finally got my stateroom assignment and I'm happily checking out the amenities. A cut-and-paste from the website lists these:

Room Amenities

Include all the stateroom amenities, plus:

Teak-lined private verandah

A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows

Premium duvet; oversized bath towels; and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers

No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining

Personalized cruise stationery

One-touch telephone concierge service

Fresh flowers

Umbrellas for your use on the cruise

Our signature Mariner's Dream™ bed featuring a plush Euro-Top mattress and finely woven cotton linens

Luxurious bathrobes for use during your voyage

100% Egyptian cotton towels

Premium massage showerheads

5X magnifying make-up mirrors and salon-quality hair dryers

Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure

Complimentary fresh fruit on request

Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages

Flat-panel TV and DVD player

Complimentary DVD library

Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service

I'm confused by the "one-touch telephone concierge service". Is this different from the one touch button system in other staterooms? (Its not Neptune Lounge different, for sure!) ha ha

I'm confused by the "one-touch telephone concierge service". Is this different from the one touch button system in other staterooms?
My pure guess is that non-suites get connected to the front desk and Vista suites get connected either to the NL concierge or one steward dedicated to that task. Probably the former IMO. Edited by jtl513

Finally got my stateroom assignment and I'm happily checking out the amenities. A cut-and-paste from the website lists these:

Room Amenities

Fresh flowers

Our signature Mariner's Dream™ bed featuring a plush Euro-Top mattress and finely woven cotton linens

I'm confused by the "one-touch telephone concierge service". Is this different from the one touch button system in other staterooms? (Its not Neptune Lounge different, for sure!) ha ha

It's just a concierge available to you via telephone from your room. I never found out if they are the same people in the Neptune Lounge or people at the Front Desk, though.

Frankly, I don't think the telephone concierge is much of a benefit but, I'm sure, others have a different opinion. They didn't do much for me when I had some issues on one cruise. It was easier to make my own reservations or other requests.

Room Amenities

Fresh flowers

Anyone working at the front desk will be your "telephone" concierge. It will not always be the same person. But they will answer your questions, try to take care of your problems, make reservations for you for the specialty restaurants, spa, salon, etc.

Sounds like you got a wonderful upgrade -- Congratulations.

Anyone working at the front desk will be your "telephone" concierge. It will not always be the same person. But they will answer your questions, try to take care of your problems, make reservations for you for the specialty restaurants, spa, salon, etc.

Sounds like you got a wonderful upgrade -- Congratulations.

We booked a BB category guarantee and got an A. Our TA says that means an extra 10 sq. feet, which I'm happy about!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forums mobile app

I'd be interested to know, too. Will you please do a scientific study of the situation, and get back to us!:)

Lol. Having read the most recent scienitific study on these boards, I have to agree they are most helpful! I can't promise such an enlightening effort though. :cool:

We booked a BB category guarantee and got an A. Our TA says that means an extra 10 sq. feet, which I'm happy about!

I think your TA is wrong. I think they are the same except for location. Just look at the re-categorization that will happen on the Rotterdam. On May 9th cabins 7053/55/56/57/62/64 are all A. On May 10th they are all BB. Edited by jtl513

What is the difference between a Verandah Suite and a Verandah Stateroom please?

I didn't know of the Verandah Suite's existence until just now. Only been on one HAL cruise so far but have booked 2 more.

Not too sure about that, but HAL seems to use the terms Vista Suite/Verandah Suite interchangeably.

Room Amenities

Fresh flowers

If you purchased a "suite," you are also credited with two days for every day in Mariner Points.

I think this is nomenclature that HAL has recently change and lead to much confusion for everyone

What use to be called Vista Suites are now Signature Suites on Vista and Signature class ships.

Veranda Suites are now being called Vista Suites on the smaller S and R class ships these are VA category cabins and qualify for the double suite cruise night credit when originally booked with a published "Suite" fare.

Neptune Suites use to be called Deluxe Veranda Suites, but everyone knows what a Neptune is there is no confusing them for anything else.

I think there maybe some Signature Class suites on the R class ships, I don't know because I've not sailed on one. Maybe someone can confirm this.

We have found the 1 touch concierge service to be very helpful when staying in a Vista now Signature class suite no matter where the person is who is answering the phone.

-Paul Sailing in a Vista Suite in 7 days!

The Vista Suites on the S and I believe on the R class ships are also larger than a VA on the newer ships. I found the difference to be noticeable. The teak deck is noticeably cooler on hot, sunny days. We have always found them to be very comfortable and are booked in BA 205 for one of the 14 day cruises next January on Ryndam.

I think this is nomenclature that HAL has recently change and lead to much confusion for everyone

What use to be called Vista Suites are now Signature Suites on Vista and Signature class ships.

Veranda Suites are now being called Vista Suites on the smaller S and R class ships these are VA category cabins and qualify for the double suite cruise night credit when originally booked with a published "Suite" fare.

Neptune Suites use to be called Deluxe Veranda Suites, but everyone knows what a Neptune is there is no confusing them for anything else.

I think there maybe some Signature Class suites on the R class ships, I don't know because I've not sailed on one. Maybe someone can confirm this.

We have found the 1 touch concierge service to be very helpful when staying in a Vista now Signature class suite no matter where the person is who is answering the phone.

-Paul Sailing in a Vista Suite in 7 days!

You are right. THAT is confusing! But thanks for the clarification. That was helpful.

The Vista Suites on the S and I believe on the R class ships are also larger than a VA on the newer ships. I found the difference to be noticeable. The teak deck is noticeably cooler on hot, sunny days. We have always found them to be very comfortable and are booked in BA 205 for one of the 14 day cruises next January on Ryndam.

I saw that reference to the teak deck, but it did not sink in until your comment. Nice!

I think your TA is wrong. I think they are the same except for location. Just look at the re-categorization that will happen on the Rotterdam. On May 9th cabins 7053/55/56/57/62/64 are all A. On May 10th they are all BB.

That is completely possible! We booked a BB, but I do not see any staterooms designated as such in the Cruise Planner. We were assigned an A, but the only room with our cabin number is listed as a B in the planner. I have a feeling the room categorization job is a make-work student intern job... lol.