twin bed or put bed together

luv2gamble

Depends on the cabin configuration.

Once you get onboard you can ask your room steward to change the beds.

You will get more info about the Jewel on the NCL board.

Edited by SadieN

We believe that twin beds give more room. If a cabin is say 10 feet wide and the bed is 6 feet wide, placed together will leave 2 feet on each side of the bed. Twin beds placed against the walls will live 4 feet down the center. Much easier to place luggage under the bed. Just our thoughts. Harry ;)

Hubby and I have shared the bed at home for 50 years, but when we cruise we leave the beds separate. The one time we had them put together there was just no way to avoid the crack where they meet. One of us was rolling into it all the time. So we get better sleep without that constant problem.

agabbymama lol...Just came back from the Breakaway and my husband and I shared the bed. We had no cracks LOL. The bed was equal to a king I would say and very comfortable. However, this cruise I'm going on is with my best friend so we were getting separate beds. But, after seeing pics of the room with twin beds with the light fixture hitting you in the head and trouble getting in the closet I think one large bed is better. But, I know what you mean after all years to sleep and have the bed to yourself is nice LOL. Years ago, we had inside room and had twin beds, had them put together and it was terrible. I had to crawl over my husband to get out of bed LOL. When I asked steward to separate the beds he was pissed off and yelled at me. I was shocked. However, never got an inside room again. Once I got a balcony, the inside room was no longer an option haha. Just didnt know this layout of mini-suite if it was better for twins or one bed. Thanks for the note :D

I am a solo traveler and i always have the beds in twin configuration. It does make the cabin more spacious and also gives you a place to put things when you enter the cabin!:)

It seems it has been the opposite in my experience. If the room is very small, the put together bed means one of us is against the wall and has to climb over the other to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Now it has been a good many year but those 140 square feet or less rooms, hubby and I would say leave the beds as twins. Thank goodness the newer ships are roomier.

Hubby and I have shared the bed at home for 50 years, but when we cruise we leave the beds separate. The one time we had them put together there was just no way to avoid the crack where they meet. One of us was rolling into it all the time. So we get better sleep without that constant problem.

Lol! you must have been "honeymooning" and cuddling in your sleep! After 30 plus years of marriage hubby and I keep to our side of the bed when actually sleeping. The exception is when it is really cold then we may snuggle, then we may gravitate to the middle of the bed at home.

The only other reason is a bad mattress that needs replacing for us to sleep together in the middle, which only happens when we stay over at his mothers'. I think it is time we bought her a mattress as a gift for her spare bedroom -lol! A gift actually for us-lol!

I only once remember on a cruise even being able to tell slightly where the beds were put together, when I rolled over to say something to him. When the beds together equal a king sized bed I have no trouble staying on my side of the bed and away from the crack.

As far as being married and keeping the beds separate, we are neither bothered by that. We can always "visit" each other and yep that still happens at our age. Now a couple much younger than us may rather be together as they "visit" much more often, but it has never bothered us.

Lol! you must have been "honeymooning" and cuddling in your sleep! After 30 plus years of marriage hubby and I keep to our side of the bed when actually sleeping. The exception is when it is really cold then we may snuggle, then we may gravitate to the middle of the bed at home.

The only other reason is a bad mattress that needs replacing for us to sleep together in the middle, which only happens when we stay over at his mothers'. I think it is time we bought her a mattress as a gift for her spare bedroom -lol! A gift actually for us-lol!

I only once remember on a cruise even being able to tell slightly where the beds were put together, when I rolled over to say something to him. When the beds together equal a king sized bed I have no trouble staying on my side of the bed and away from the crack.

As far as being married and keeping the beds separate, we are neither bothered by that. We can always "visit" each other and yep that still happens at our age. Now a couple much younger than us may rather be together as they "visit" much more often, but it has never bothered us.

OMG LOL...u r so funny...Just came back from a cruise w hubby...Now going w my best friend of 46 years. We are going to celebrate our 50th birthdays. So, we really don't care if the beds are separate LOL..we are looking for room

OMG LOL...u r so funny...Just came back from a cruise w hubby...Now going w my best friend of 46 years. We are going to celebrate our 50th birthdays. So, we really don't care if the beds are separate LOL..we are looking for room

When we did our 30th anniversary cruise, our daughter and her best friend since babyhood came with us. They had their own room. When they got to it the beds were together, lol! They decided it did not matter as both had plenty of room and each still had her own bed.

When we went to France for a land tour 5 years ago. Hubby and I opted for twin beds as we had heard the hotel rooms are small in Paris unless you spend major bucks. Lol! Our beds were not even a foot apart. It was possible to walk between them but it was tight. We could reach across and hold hands in bed.

When we did our 30th anniversary cruise, our daughter and her best friend since babyhood came with us. They had their own room. When they got to it the beds were together, lol! They decided it did not matter as both had plenty of room and each still had her own bed.

When we went to France for a land tour 5 years ago. Hubby and I opted for twin beds as we had heard the hotel rooms are small in Paris unless you spend major bucks. Lol! Our beds were not even a foot apart. It was possible to walk between them but it was tight. We could reach across and hold hands in bed.

Shes right! If they are just friends why not LOL. Trying to figure out space because my friend will over pack for sure. Wants to bring dresses, etc. I told her NO, its freestyle and no need to get dressed up but I know she wont listen. Also, I have an adjoining door and hope that does not make me loose space. I didnt think of that when I booked it. Hope I dont loose counter space or closet or draws because of that. Do you know or should I ask on a thread.

Shes right! If they are just friends why not LOL. Trying to figure out space because my friend will over pack for sure. Wants to bring dresses, etc. I told her NO, its freestyle and no need to get dressed up but I know she wont listen. Also, I have an adjoining door and hope that does not make me loose space. I didnt think of that when I booked it. Hope I dont loose counter space or closet or draws because of that. Do you know or should I ask on a thread.

I would ask elsewhere. That has never occurred to me

When we booked an inside for our girls who were fine sleeping in the same bed BUT found there was much more usable space when they were made up in a twin configuration. :)

LuLu

~~~

Thanks for all your help all. Its like a coin flip I guess. Some say twin, some say one LOL...It is a mini-suite w balcony so I should have room. Just my friend is taking 3 pieces of luggage herself. I only have one LOL. Need room for her bags and all the unnecessary crap she is taking haha. :confused: