My Final Wine Questions (I hope!)

petlover

Confirming what I believe is correct:

1. If we buy bottle(s) of wine to drink at dinner in MDR from PRINCESS once on board, we do not pay corkage. (large table so likely more than 1 bottle per dinner)

2. Any wine we gift to ourselves prior to boarding for dinner in MDR we do not pay corkage.

I've learned so much from this board and I really THANK YOU for all your help and advice.:D

Confirming what I believe is correct:

1. If we buy bottle(s) of wine to drink at dinner in MDR from PRINCESS once on board, we do not pay corkage. (large table so likely more than 1 bottle per dinner)

2. Any wine we gift to ourselves prior to boarding for dinner in MDR we do not pay corkage.

I've learned so much from this board and I really THANK YOU for all your help and advice.:D

Correct...

Any wine purchased onboard or through Princess does not have a corkage fee.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Is it possible to buy a bottle of wine in Vines (or elsewhere) and drink 1/2 one night and the have them store the remainder for use later, like the next night? We have done this on Celebrity and really enjoyed the option.

Yes. It's a wonderful feature, since we rarely consume a full bottle at dinner. One bottle gets us through two dinners. :)

On our last cruise, we ordered wine at a specialty restaurant and picked up the left over at dinner in the MDR the next night. They store it for you.

Here's what happened to us recently. We all carried on 1 bottle per person. First time took a bottle to Sabatini's and was charged the corkage fee...A few nights later, someone at our table took one of their bottles and was not charged the fee and so it went the rest of the cruise. No fee. Either the waiter was being kind, or figured we had paid the fee already, and no one said different!

Just thought I would post this for others to see. I think we got lucky

Here's what happened to us recently. We all carried on 1 bottle per person. First time took a bottle to Sabatini's and was charged the corkage fee...A few nights later, someone at our table took one of their bottles and was not charged the fee and so it went the rest of the cruise. No fee. Either the waiter was being kind, or figured we had paid the fee already, and no one said different!

Just thought I would post this for others to see. I think we got lucky

You are right. Some waiters don't charge. Most do, they are supposed too. ;)

If you purchase a bottle of wine at dinner and perhaps have just a glass, your waiter will put your cabin # on a marker that's put on the bottle. It's taken to a storage area. Whether you're in a different dining room, specialty restaurant, Alfredo's or the buffet, just ask for your bottle of wine and it will be retrieved and served.

When we were on the Royal last October, we had dinner in the buffet most nights. They kept our bottles of wine there so they didn't have to go down to the storage area near the dining rooms.

Here is another funny fact regarding wine and the b2b "logical" cruise. If you are gifted a bottle(s) of wine and receive a gift card in your cabin, you have to 'cash it in' on the first leg** of the b2b. Since we wanted to actually use our gifted bottle on the second leg we turned in our gift card on the first leg and then asked the waiter not to open it, but store it for future use. Make sense?

** If you don't use it on the 1st leg Customer Service will credit your folio.