Caribbean Princess refurbishment 2013

monkey@cruise

I was on last spring doing the transatlantic where I needed a cabin change & was told only one available & a lower cat than I paid for. Knowing the ship had a lot of cabins empty they said they were doing work on them, particularly the beds we all complain about. The comment the ship is starting to show its age is correct but I enjoy it & will be on the 5/15 sailing.

Thanks to all for your information. So it sounds like a dry dock last year as well as this year? (must need it badly to have 2 dry dock in consecutive years) or was the dry dock last year postponed to this year? Any idea? the inquiring mind wants to know...:) Thanks!

Thanks to all for your information. So it sounds like a dry dock last year as well as this year? (must need it badly to have 2 dry dock in consecutive years) or was the dry dock last year postponed to this year? Any idea? the inquiring mind wants to know...:) Thanks!

I don't think there was a dry dock last year.

Edited by Luvmyrotti

I don't think there was a dry dock last year.
There wasn't. The last dry dock for the CB was just routine maintenance. Princess upgrades carpeting, beds, TVs during cruises and doesn't need a dry dock for that.

The next scheduled dry dock is in May. Only ten days which means the usual maintenance that can't be done with passengers onboard, checking the engines and thrusters, scraping the hull and repainting, updating electronics, etc. It's rumored that several new interior cabins are being created. Regardless, with just ten days, nothing major will be done.

There wasn't. The last dry dock for the CB was just routine maintenance. Princess upgrades carpeting, beds, TVs during cruises and doesn't need a dry dock for that.

The next scheduled dry dock is in May. Only ten days which means the usual maintenance that can't be done with passengers onboard, checking the engines and thrusters, scraping the hull and repainting, updating electronics, etc. It's rumored that several new interior cabins are being created. Regardless, with just ten days, nothing major will be done.

Is the CB the one they are adding 4 cabins to?

I didn`t say it was a drydock, they just refurbished bedding in cabins while we sailed.

I wasn't referring to your comment, but rather one of those after yours (I think by the OP) talking about 2 drydocks. I referenced the one I was referring to.

Edited by Luvmyrotti

The ship is very clean, but it shows its age in many areas.

We were on the CB the second week of March this year. I would have to disagree about the showing her age in many areas. Having been on her now 6 times they keep making repairs on an ongoing basis. High wear areas such as panels in elevator where buttons are located had no signs of wear but last time we were on her they did. Only saw a couple of broken tiles near rear elevates on deck 7. I believe the last major dry dock was back in January 2009. While out & about you had to watch for wet paint as they were painting and varnishing everywhere. Carpets appeared in good condition with a few spots (not many) where drinks had been spilled... this must be a ongoing job to keep up with passengers spilling their drinks all over the place.