So nobody can book a cabana in advance (?) is this right?

I just tried to book a cabana in Labadee. The agent told me they just started a new policy that nobody can book a cabana until they are onboard. I asked him if that applied to both suite and non-suite guests (I am not in a suite but wanted to know what he would say), and he said yes, suite or non-suite, you have to wait until you are onboard.

Is this right? I can't imagine they are inviting the crush at the desk for every cabana. I don't relish the idea of getting so competitive on my holiday either.

I'm hoping I got a clueless agent on the phone.

So, anybody else get that line?

I just tried to book a cabana in Labadee. The agent told me they just started a new policy that nobody can book a cabana until they are onboard. I asked him if that applied to both suite and non-suite guests (I am not in a suite but wanted to know what he would say), and he said yes, suite or non-suite, you have to wait until you are onboard.

Is this right? I can't imagine they are inviting the crush at the desk for every cabana. I don't relish the idea of getting so competitive on my holiday either.

I'm not really sure to be honest, if you say this is a new policy. I did see someone on CC a few days ago that said they were in a suite and was contacted by the concierge and asked if they wanted to book a cabana on Labadee, and they were able to get a beach Cabana. So i'm not sure if that has changed since then

If that's the case it is a new policy as Nellies cabana's have always been available - albeit based on demand for usually a short while - on line, with several held back for on board booking. (Frequently on line as a much as a year or so in advance).

Suite cabanas at Labadee have always been booked by the Concierge in the Concierge Lounge, typically via email 1-2 weeks in advance of the sailing date.

That has been our experience as recently as with our 3/1/14 Independence sailing and our upcoming 10/26/14 Freedom sailing. Both Nellies cabanas were booked via on line booking. Prior to that our Barefoot cabana was booked in advance through the Concierge as described.

Maybe they have not yet been released, or possibly the on line allocation already sold out, for your sailing.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Suite guests can book ahead of time through the concierge. I'm unsure of guests not staying in a suite, but I thought that Nellie beach cabanas could be booked online just like an excursion in Labadee.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Suite guests can book ahead of time through the concierge. I'm unsure of guests not staying in a suite, but I thought that Nellie beach cabanas could be booked online just like an excursion in Labadee.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Yes, for my last cruise I booked Nellie's in advance without a problem and wasn't in a suite. My understanding prior to now was that the cabanas on Barefoot were for suite guests but the Nellie's ones were available to all on a first come first serve basis.

I have called three different times in the past two weeks. Spoke to royals main number their C&A number and their shore excursion Department and was told it is only available once onboard. They told me it was some new policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On nellies beach or barefoot beach?

cruising_slow indicated they were in a Junior Suite, which would means they booked at Nellies as Barefoot is reserved for Grand Suite and higher passengers. Nellies - unless the policy has indeed only recently changed - would have been booked on line in advance or on board through the Shore Excursions desk.

Have you tried to book online?

I tried to book online but the cabanas don't exist there. They aren't listed, period. That's why I phoned. I wanted to see if an agent had more access than I do, and to get any info.

I just tried for my August Oasis cruise to see if they were available on line..ALL of them are showing but all say "inquire on board".

I booked an over the water cabana at Nellies on line for my march 2015 cruise a few weeks ago. When I go online, I can still reserve an over the water cabana at Nellies, but all others say inquire on board. I am thinking it's because all the other cabanas are sold old and only over the water are left. I am not a suite guest.

I just checked my March 14, 2015, cruise on Independence of the Seas, and the online Pre-Cruise Planner is still offering Nellie's Beach cabanas.

Same with my Oasis January 17 cruise. Over the water cabanas at Kellie's beach are available online.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Same with my Oasis January 17 cruise. Over the water cabanas at Kellie's beach are available online.

I went back in and saw the beach cabanas are also available but the over the water handicapped one say "inquire onboard" so it is probably sold out.

I just tried for my August Oasis cruise to see if they were available on line..ALL of them are showing but all say "inquire on board".

"inquire on board" means that the cabanas are sold out. The only way to get one on board (for non-suite guests) is if someone cancels or suite guests do not book the ones held back for them.

I just booked a cabana a week ago. We are in a JS on Oasis for the Feb 28 2015 sailing. Called and booked it through Royal.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Forums mobile app

I also booked a cabana on nellie's beach about a week ago for our January 2015 cruise. We are in a balcony cabin.

I went back in and saw the beach cabanas are also available but the over the water handicapped one say "inquire onboard" so it is probably sold out.

I was thinking that that one says "inquire onboard" because they want some assurance that the person reserving it actually has a need for it.

So it would seem from the information posted by others that the information you received is incorrect. Nellies Beach cabanas can still be reserved in advance on line when available for non-suite passengers. Barefoot Beach would be through the Conceirge for suite passengers.

I wonder then if we're not the only ship in port that day and the other's passengers booked them, or indeed have precedence. It just seems so far in advance to be sold out. And if they were just sold out why wouldn't the agent have just said that? Beginning to think I really am SOL.

I think it has to do with some 2015 cruises for some reason. I posted another thread about this. Almost nothing shows up under the excursions right now...only three options last time I looked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Edited by sr71pav