What does the MSC Club 'Gold broach' look like?

Skipper Tim

Although it's listed on the MSC Clubcard benefits I didn't receive one when they sent me my Gold card.

This is the exact wording copied and pasted from the MSC Club Website

MSC Club BROOCH (depending on market)

A free gold MSC Cruises brooch will be sent to your home address when you upgrade to Gold MSC Club membership.

Note :-it depends on where you live as to whether you get one

Pete

I had a little hunt around today and when I found my Black card boxs , lo and behold I'd not removed the little purses and inside I found ONE Gold pin annd ONE SILVER pin The cheapskates old me short, or they had run out of Gold pins and sent me a silver one instead of nothing.

Anyway my grand total now is

Three GOLD Compass pins (Top row)

One MSC GOLD pin , it came in its dark blue purse (Top row)

Three SILVER pins (Bottom row)

I'm sure some others have been mislaid somewhere along the iline

So here they are in all their glory

I must be richer than Bill Gates now:D:D

P1020493C.jpg

Edited by Skier52

I had a little hunt around today and when I found my Black card boxs , lo and behold I'd not removed the little purses and inside I found ONE Gold pin annd ONE SILVER pin The cheapskates old me short, or they had run out of Gold pins and sent me a silver one instead of nothing.

Why do you have so many? Do you have several identities?

It is two weeks since my last cruise and there is no sign yet of Gold card or pin (I am avoiding the word 'broach' from now on).

Tim.

Rub it in, why don't you :p

I'm obviously in the wrong "market" :mad:

Wonder if I discuss it on their Facebook page will I be moved into the RIGHT "market" :eek:

Why do you have so many? Do you have several identities?

It is two weeks since my last cruise and there is no sign yet of Gold card or pin (I am avoiding the word 'broach' from now on).

Tim.

Both my wife and I are Black members

so we both got a Silver each on reaching Silver level. both got Gold for reaching Gold level and 1 Gold and 1 Silver for reaching Black. (Thats 3 Gold

and 3 Silver)

Both got the original MSC logo Gold ( 1 now missing) and I believe we got duplicates of the Gold compass when they messed up the delivery of our original pins when we first reached Gold level and they have joined the list of missing ones.

Two weeks would be far too quick for MSC , I wouldn't really worry until about 6 - 8 weeks have passed

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I got my Gold card within Two weeks of returning home from our last cruise at the end of November 13 thanks to Lee, the Silver took over Three months and many E mails while the Classic turned up a short while after the first cruise.

Not a Pin of any colour to be seen unlike Princess and NCL who leave them in the cabin for you.

I do however have a pair of Diva sunglasses complete with carry bag.

Edited by sidari

Why would anyone spell "broach" "brooch" if it is pronounced "broach"?

I am now trying to think of something that could mean "brooch" pronounced "brooch". Perhaps an embarrassing but necessary kiss?

Tim.

I'm a word nerd so I had to look up the origin of broach/brooch. It's Middle English (broche) and Latin (broca). Long o pronunciation. Overtime, two uses (verb and noun) cropped up. They both kept the long o, but developed the different spellings. I found this article to be funny about it.

"Note the way the word broke into two spellings: the verb broach, meaning to open up, introduce, address, ''and the noun brooch, meaning an ornamental pin sticking through a garment.'' "

--from On Language; Broaching the Telltale Brooch (http://www.nytimes.com/1998/03/08/magazine/on-language-broaching-the-telltale-brooch.html)

But I digress. I don't have any clue how to get an MSC brooch.

I'm a word nerd so I had to look up the origin of broach/brooch. It's Middle English (broche) and Latin (broca). Long o pronunciation. Overtime, two uses (verb and noun) cropped up. They both kept the long o, but developed the different spellings. I found this article to be funny about it.

"Note the way the word broke into two spellings: the verb broach, meaning to open up, introduce, address, ''and the noun brooch, meaning an ornamental pin sticking through a garment.'' "

--from On Language; Broaching the Telltale Brooch (http://www.nytimes.com/1998/03/08/magazine/on-language-broaching-the-telltale-brooch.html)

But I digress. I don't have any clue how to get an MSC brooch.

Fascinating. I particularly liked:

"As a noun, broche meant a tapering pointed instrument, like a spear, a bodkin or a spit on which to roast meat, and centuries later, a chisel used by masons or a pick used by dentists."

I can see that my new Gold MSC 'broach', if it ever arrives, will have at least five uses in addition to the decorative and will be a great aid in packing light.

Tim.