Laundry on the Crown Princess - Stink?

cas_pd

We're going to be on vacation for 15 days. Hoping to do our laundry on the cruise ship. Someone told me she washed her jeans and had to trash them because they smelled like fish when they came out of the washer. She couldn't get that awful stink out of them. Help me out cruisers with an answer here. I may have to take more suitcases than planned.

We're going to be on vacation for 15 days. Hoping to do our laundry on the cruise ship. Someone told me she washed her jeans and had to trash them because they smelled like fish when they came out of the washer. She couldn't get that awful stink out of them. Help me out cruisers with an answer here. I may have to take more suitcases than planned.

Never had this issue all the times we did our laundry. Bring dryer sheets, and maybe your own soap.

I always use the self service laundry facilities in the ships and have never experienced the issue you described. I've found that the laundry rooms and machines are clean. I bring my own detergent and dryer sheets but the ones they sell are name brands and are equally as good. You should check the dryer screen and clean out the lint to ensure optimal drying. I find that people rarely clean the lint screen after they use the dryer. Don't be afraid to use the facilities. They are incredibly convenient and really help to keep the packing to a minimum.

Never had an issue with the laundry rooms on any Princess ship, with the exception of a washer or dryer being out of service.

I have had clothing I ordered on line arrive in the packaging at my house stinking - smelling like fish and similar unpleasant aromas. That is generally an odor imparted by dyes and finishes applied to the textile and can be very difficult to remove.

The laundry on Princess ships uses the same water that runs through the taps into the staterooms. Just not an issue.

Eating too much caviar may cause fishy odors. The ship could have hit a big wave and a little smelt may have died in the washer. Maybe someone left some smoked salmon in the jean pockets. A few escargot may have escaped from the

holding tank.

Any other thoughts?

Were they possibly brand new jeans and the smell came from the dye in the jeans?

We've washed many loads of clothes on the Diamond, Grand, Ruby, and Emerald including 4 so far in 2014, and we've never had a problem of any kind.

I've done lots of laundry on lots of ships with no problems. Washers/dryers always worked fine for me. I did have a dirty iron ruin a shirt once so I now check those before I use them.

Ditto our experiences. I would also suggest everyone check the irons carefully as one of my husband's shirts was ruined too.

Ditto our experiences. I would also suggest everyone check the irons carefully as one of my husband's shirts was ruined too.

Just sailed on the Crown for 49days in Feb and no problems with the laundry always fresh and clean