Pier parking in bayonne

Loujul

I hear you maddy. You live in New Jersey.

But there are 16 MILLION of us in NYC and Long Island.

Seems the market is large enough to have ports BOTH in Bayonne and NYC!

I live on Long Island, and I would much rather drive to Bayonne than into Manhattan. It's an easy peasy drive! The only time we cruised from Manhattan, we took a car service, and it was a nightmare (and cost almost double). Never again.

I like the port in Red Hook Brooklyn that Princess sometimes uses, too. Very convenient and easy to drive to.

It's been $19 for years

Oops, everyone else is correct, it is $19/day. I just got it crossed with Baltimore that we just payed $15/day :p

I take it you didn't read several posts after I quoted $15/day. I corrected myself hours ago :rolleyes:

If you want convenience and to be on the road in a short time after you leave the ship park at the pier. We have done this quit a few times. A Baggage handler picks up our bags in the terminal, we go through customs, he takes our bags to the car, I load the car and we are on our way home. Of course you can also carry your own bags which is even faster. $19.00 a day is correct and of course a tip for the baggage handler. Believe me its a lot easier and cheaper then going out of New York which I have done before Cape Liberty was built for RCCL.

If you want convenience and to be on the road in a short time after you leave the ship park at the pier. We have done this quit a few times. A Baggage handler picks up our bags in the terminal, we go through customs, he takes our bags to the car, I load the car and we are on our way home. Of course you can also carry your own bags which is even faster. $19.00 a day is correct and of course a tip for the baggage handler. Believe me its a lot easier and cheaper then going out of New York which I have done before Cape Liberty was built for RCCL.

Parking in NY is a lot more than $19

I live on Long Island, and I would much rather drive to Bayonne than into Manhattan. It's an easy peasy drive! The

"Easy Peasy"??? Can you drive us next time? How many bridges did you cross? How many tolls did you pay? How many traffic jams did you encounter? How long did you wait on the road to the pier?

"East Peasy"??? You jest!

"Easy Peasy"??? Can you drive us next time? How many bridges did you cross? How many tolls did you pay? How many traffic jams did you encounter? How long did you wait on the road to the pier?

We crossed two bridges, the Verrazzano and the Bayonne bridges. Very little traffic and we pulled right up to the tents all three times. Really it was painless

Edited by DonnaK

I live on Long Island also and would MUCH rather drive to Bayonne than NY anyday. Getting to the pier is horrendous and once you are there it can get very overcrowded. I happen to like the drive to Jersey. Not so Manhattan.

I am leaving on Explorer on May 3. Even if I have to be diverted due to construction on the bridge, I am ok. If we leave from Manhattan we always take car service.

• 4 weeks later...
The last time we sailed out of Bayonne you would park the car then take a bus to the ship. Have they redone the port so you don't take a bus to the ship.

TIA

No...the new pier will eliminate this, but as usual, it's New Jersey and the construction is behind schedule...I highly doubt it will be done in time...but then again, who knows....

Premier Parking is NOT a well run, nor properly insured nor licensed company..they'll hire ANYONE with a van to drive them...

The paint issue has been resolved..

Park at the pier for $19 bucks a day..be safe, convenient and happy...

Anything is better then leaving from New York.