Baggage sent to airport and home?

summer slope

I've read where you can get the ship to send your luggage to the airport and then on to your home airport for pick-up when your plane arrives. There is a fee, I know, but do you know if this can be done on the Connie from a 5 day cruise? Have an 11:40 flight from FLL.

The "Luggage Valet" service can be used for flights from Fort Lauderdale.

Get the form from guest relations and fill it out on your second day. We did this and even though Southwest Airlines is not on the form we were able to use the service. ??Maybe depends on how many people using Southwest signed up??

On the night when you normally put out your luggage you will have an envelope on your bed containing luggage tags marked "LUGGAGE VALET" along with luggage tags from the airline. You will also get your boarding passes for the flight in the same envelope.

The fee is $20 per bag. (remember there may be added charges depending on airline restrictions as to weight and number of bags).

Here is a link to another member's post... Go to the link and view post # 15

The first photo is a clear image of the needed form and should answer all your questions.

It also looks like your flight can be done with relation to its departure time.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42246820

bosco

On our indy cruise it was $20 per person not per bag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

You are correct... Sorry. MY ERROR.

Must have memory loss as we just used the service twelve days ago. LOL.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

The fee is $20 per person, not per bag, +any baggage fees the airline charges. If you have status with the airline with a free bag indicate it when you sign up for luggage valet. South West was not listed on our last flight but we spoke with guest relations and they advised us to sign up and they would see what they could do. We did get luggage valet. There may be an occasion when you will be denied based on TSA but it has never happened to us. It makes disembarking very easy and is well worth the fee.

Mary Lou

I have heard that there are also private services that do about the same thing. They will pick your luggage up at your house and deliver it to the ship. They will also pick it up at the port after it clears customs and deliver it to your house. The latter may take a few days after you get home to receive it.

.🚢🌅

We used it on our recent cruise and it was ideal. Paid $20 pp for up to 2 bags each. Left our luggage in the hall on Friday night and didn't see it again till we got to Dulles.

Had breakfast in Blu and then left the ship. Through customs in less than 5 minutes, past the luggage carousals and into the sun in another 5 minutes. Took the transfer bus to Fort Lauderdale Airport and rented a car since our flight wasn't till 6:20 PM.

Drove around FLL, had a great corned beef sandwich and did some house looking. Super convenient, no lines and no luggage tips.

Only way to go!

I hate to be the bearer of caution....but when something like this works well, it's great. Wait until a bag gets lost and try to find out who's responsible or who to even contact to try to find it. As with travel insurance, I really suggest everyone who uses this service reads the fine print and clearly understands that Celebrity is not responsible for anything....and likely the company that provides the service is not responsible for anything, etc. Make sure you are really comfortable that you have enough travel insurance..just in case.

We used this service a few times years ago when the procedure was to claim your bags in the cruise terminal, take them through customs and check them at a special desk outside the cruise terminal. This worked pretty well as it allowed us to check the luggage we use to carry our last night items off the ship or to at least transfer our toiletries from our carry-on to our regular luggage before checking it through.

Now that the procedure is changed so that you don't see the luggage after putting it out at night it is actually less convenient for us as this means we can't check the bag we keep until disembarkation morning.

I guess our problem is that we like to keep toiletries and some other items for the last night and disembarkation morning. If someone didn't keep any of these things, or small enough quantity and sizes of items to take in a carry on bag, I guess it wouldn't be a problem.

I hate to be the bearer of caution....but when something like this works well, it's great. Wait until a bag gets lost and try to find out who's responsible or who to even contact to try to find it. As with travel insurance, I really suggest everyone who uses this service reads the fine print and clearly understands that Celebrity is not responsible for anything....and likely the company that provides the service is not responsible for anything, etc. Make sure you are really comfortable that you have enough travel insurance..just in case.

We had a bag misplaced and the airline blamed it on TSA. They were able to trace it and it was delivered to our home within 2 days. Thinking back on what was in the case (snorkel equipment, shaving cream, hair spray and toothpaste, a large book and various other items) I can see how TSA might have been curious. Other than this, we've used luggage valet many times with no issues.

Mary Lou

Dixiefinn,

We have used the valet service before and it is great. BUT...be aware that it is not always available. Southwest seems to be one of the carriers that often cannot enlist the required number of passengers. You will only find out while onboard.

The other issue is the time of your flight. I know I will be corrected, as I should be, but I think the flights must be after noon. I hope someone will also clear this up.

We used this service a few times years ago when the procedure was to claim your bags in the cruise terminal, take them through customs and check them at a special desk outside the cruise terminal. This worked pretty well as it allowed us to check the luggage we use to carry our last night items off the ship or to at least transfer our toiletries from our carry-on to our regular luggage before checking it through.

Now that the procedure is changed so that you don't see the luggage after putting it out at night it is actually less convenient for us as this means we can't check the bag we keep until disembarkation morning.

I guess our problem is that we like to keep toiletries and some other items for the last night and disembarkation morning. If someone didn't keep any of these things, or small enough quantity and sizes of items to take in a carry on bag, I guess it wouldn't be a problem.

You're point is valid. We solved it by only retaining the bare toiletry essentials we'd need on disembarkation morning. We used what we needed that morning and through the rest of the kept toiletries away (having brought some of the travel size bottles for that very purpose). We walked off the ship in the morning with no carry on and nothing more than a hairbrush and some other small cosmetics in my GF purse.

Edited by 1313steve