Norwegian Airlines

kiwimum

Just a heads up to those who have booked Norwegian. We are flying from CPH to LAX on May 24th. Today I did a dummy booking to see what the fares were looking like for Premium. Found the fare had dropped $250 pp. Called Norwegian and they initially said that there was nothing they could do as possibly the flight was undersold and the fares were reduced. Asked if I could get a fare adjustment, answer no. As in a past life I booked many many flights for our company, asked if there was an equipment change. Low and behold that was the reason, Norwegian offered a full refund. I paid $18 for the agent to rebook and then cancel our flights. Departure and arrival times are the same, no Dreamliner, 777 instead. For $750 we are flying direct into LAX in premium cabin, checked bags, food, beverages. Not bad for a budget airline, but the primary factor is direct.

I am positive the same applies to those that fly into FL. Just remember to ask about equipment change.

Just a heads up to those who have booked Norwegian. We are flying from CPH to LAX on May 24th. Today I did a dummy booking to see what the fares were looking like for Premium. Found the fare had dropped $250 pp. Called Norwegian and they initially said that there was nothing they could do as possibly the flight was undersold and the fares were reduced. Asked if I could get a fare adjustment, answer no. As in a past life I booked many many flights for our company, asked if there was an equipment change. Low and behold that was the reason, Norwegian offered a full refund. I paid $18 for the agent to rebook and then cancel our flights. Departure and arrival times are the same, no Dreamliner, 777 instead. For $750 we are flying direct into LAX in premium cabin, checked bags, food, beverages. Not bad for a budget airline, but the primary factor is direct.

I am positive the same applies to those that fly into FL. Just remember to ask about equipment change.

Did they say why they offered a full refund? I'm not surprised that they use 777 instead of the Dreamliner because they have had lots of problems with them.

You may have been lucky, possibly because of the marketing hype around the 787. Many airlines would not regard a routine equipment change as a reason for waiving fare rules.

+1

Thought the same thing when I read that.

Yeah very odd for them to refund based on that. Never heard of it before.

I don't think Norwegian itself operates 777s so it'll be another airline that Norwegian has hired on a wet lease basis to operate the flight. Perhaps EuroAtlantic. The plane may or may not have Norwegian livery on it.

Yeah very odd for them to refund based on that. Never heard of it before.

I don't think Norwegian itself operates 777s so it'll be another airline that Norwegian has hired on a wet lease basis to operate the flight. Perhaps EuroAtlantic. The plane may or may not have Norwegian livery on it.

Yes, it will be operated by EuroAtlantic but with Norwegian crew according to the reservationist.

Yes, it will be operated by EuroAtlantic but with Norwegian crew according to the reservationist.

we are considering norwegian for our NON STOP 1 way return from stockholm

or copenhagen next year - using premium to get larger seats 2 together

instead of 3 - does the euroatlantic offer the same size seats /configuration ??

Edited by loma linda ca a & j

It's not luck.

The flight was to be operated by Norwegian. Due to equipment shortages, it is now operated by EuroAtlantic.

Norwegian owes a full refund to those who request it, it has changed the operating carrier to a wet lease.

Looking at their schedule from CPH to LAX. Norwegian operates the Dreamliner Monday, Wednesday and Friday with Euroatlantic picking up Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. No flights on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Looking at their schedule from CPH to LAX. Norwegian operates the Dreamliner Monday, Wednesday and Friday with Euroatlantic picking up Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. No flights on Sunday.
Not the week that you're flying.

In fact, going about a week back and a week forward, what I see from Norwegian's own website plus public GDS data is the following:-

• Mon 19 May No CPH-LAX flight, connections only
  • Tue 20 May Ops Euroatlantic Airways using 777
  • Wed 21 May No CPH-LAX flight, connections only
  • Thu 22 May Ops Euroatlantic Airways using 777
  • Fri 23 May No CPH-LAX flight, connections only
  • Sat 24 May Ops Euroatlantic Airways using 777
  • Sun 25 May No CPH-LAX flights offered
  • Mon 26 May No CPH-LAX flight, connections only
  • Tue 27 May Ops Norwegian using 787
  • Wed 28 May No CPH-LAX flight, connections only
  • Thu 29 May Ops Norwegian using 787
  • Fri 30 May No CPH-LAX flights offered
  • Sat 31 May Ops Norwegian using 787
  • Sun 01 Jun No CPH-LAX flight, connections only

i am really confused about what is going on:eek: but hope to get a non stop on norwegian next summer with a scheduled flight from stockholm or copenhagen to lax as stated on the norwegian website !!!:confused:
Looks like they are changing flights and equipment constantly.
One of the problems is that Norwegian's plans involved using the 787 as if it were a mature aircraft that is capable of being scheduled to the same intensity as other aircraft types. But (leaving aside the fires) the 787 is at the moment a dreadful aircraft in service. Its reliability is very low. Norwegian has been very publicly vocal in its complaints, which have laid bare the serious service difficulties that the airline has been placed in by the flying turkey. (Most other airlines have been doing their complaining in private.)

What things will look like in 12 months time is anyone's guess. Boeing may have got the aircraft to a decent level of maturity, or airlines may have learned that they have to have lots of spare aircraft sitting around because the 787 breaks so often. But it is hardly surprising that at the moment Norwegian is having to box and cox to keep the operation running.

However, there is one bit of advice that bears repeating: an equipment change will not normally get you a refund or a fare rule waiver.

• 1 month later...

We have returned from our cruises and had a good flight back from CPH on Norwegian.

First off the flight was operated by EuroAtlantic. We flew premium economy so my comments are for service in that cabin. The plane was very clean, maybe the cleanest I have been on. The flight crew definitely took pride in their aircraft. Bathrooms were well taken care of. Food was okay, choice of fish or chicken, small salad, and dessert. Wine and beer were served with dinner and refreshed several times during service. Coffee and tea offered after dinner. No decaf available but I always travel with a couple if packets. Breakfast was some sort of shrimp tart (did not eat), cheese, roll, juice and coffee. We had purchased pastries in the airport before departure.

The flight was about 5 hours late departing due to late arrival. I received a text advising of the delay prior to checking in. Meal vouchers were provided to cover expenses. We spent the time in an airport lounge at a small cost.

I would not hesitate utilizing Norwegian in the future.

We have returned from our cruises and had a good flight back from CPH on Norwegian.

First off the flight was operated by EuroAtlantic. We flew premium economy so my comments are for service in that cabin. The plane was very clean, maybe the cleanest I have been on. The flight crew definitely took pride in their aircraft. Bathrooms were well taken care of. Food was okay, choice of fish or chicken, small salad, and dessert. Wine and beer were served with dinner and refreshed several times during service. Coffee and tea offered after dinner. No decaf available but I always travel with a couple if packets. Breakfast was some sort of shrimp tart (did not eat), cheese, roll, juice and coffee. We had purchased pastries in the airport before departure.

The flight was about 5 hours late departing due to late arrival. I received a text advising of the delay prior to checking in. Meal vouchers were provided to cover expenses. We spent the time in an airport lounge at a small cost.

I would not hesitate utilizing Norwegian in the future.

thank you for following up !! :) have been anxiously awaiting your "critique"

which now relieves my uncertainty about this new airline !! am so glad you

made it safely & comfortably back to lax from copenhagen !!

it is almost time for us to make our plans for next may's return to lax from

stockholm & hope the lower prices continue to be offered !!!;)

Edited by loma linda ca a & j

Thank you for the heads up KIWIMUM!

:confused: Just checked my reservations for our flights from Los Angeles to Copenhagen and back. (June 10-24) All seats (5) were scattered throughout the airplane even though we paid for reserved seats:eek: I'm flying with 4 teenage girls and they were placed in the middle seats of middle rows throughout. Not even close by each other. Even my Premium seats were middle seats one behind the other. Bad enough they changed the airplane but to scatter 5 of us about to/from is not fun. Took half an hour moving everyone around - hopefully those seats stay together. I booked these flights back in December. Customer Service number for USA does not work....

Thank you for the heads up KIWIMUM!

:confused: Just checked my reservations for our flights from Los Angeles to Copenhagen and back. (June 10-24) All seats (5) were scattered throughout the airplane even though we paid for reserved seats:eek: I'm flying with 4 teenage girls and they were placed in the middle seats of middle rows throughout. Not even close by each other. Even my Premium seats were middle seats one behind the other. Bad enough they changed the airplane but to scatter 5 of us about to/from is not fun. Took half an hour moving everyone around - hopefully those seats stay together. I booked these flights back in December. Customer Service number for USA does not work....

The 1-800-357-4159 number does not work at all or they did not answer?