What's a NO NO

Bluedevil

Since you didn't say which cruise line, I'll tell you about Carnival:

YES, you may bring a 'reasonable amount' of soft drinks on board at embarkation. You may also bring a couple of bottles of wine. Both these items are allowed by Carnival.

What is not allowed is liquor and beer, although some folks do smuggle them on; however, if found, they will be confiscated.

As far as other NO-NOs, there really aren't many.

NO irons, candles, or heating pads allowed in any passenger cabins. Those items are HUGE fire hazards. (Laundry rooms are available if you need to iron.)

Oceania lets you bring any beverages you want on board. On a Med cruise, we like to buy local wine in port to drink in our cabin.

But they charge an astronomical $25 per bottle corkage fee if you bring your own wine to the dining room!

I prefer a glass of wine in my room after a day of sightseeing to one at the dinner table, and since I have to drink white and my husband prefers red, a bottle at dinner doesn't work for us, so that doesn't bother me.

Andee --

They will recork the bottle for you & bring it back to your table each night as you ask if you want them to. Thsi is particularly helpful if what they are serving by the glass doesn't appeal to you.

Trish

Archived