Just Off Freedom OTS This Morning

A few observations

●Had a great time. Ship looks great!

●Crew is outstanding

●Yes, smelled a slight sewage smell on deck 6 for a day or so. No, and I know this is hard to believe, it did NOT ruin our vacation! (I know, crazy)

●Ate at Chops on formal night in jeans and a polo. They were happy to have us and I did not ruin anyone else's meal!

●No breakfast available in Johnny Rockets. Not sure when they stopped this ●Lots of kids (including ours) Adventure Ocean staff great and most kids did not want to leave when it was time!

Sitting at the airport. Post any questions u may have and I will do my best to answer when I get back home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

A few observations

●Ate at Chops on formal night in jeans and a polo. They were happy to have us and I did not ruin anyone else's

Sitting at the airport. Post any questions u may have and I will do my best to answer when I get back home.

I'm sure you wouldn't ruin my meal but just curious. Did you purposely wear jeans to see if they would allow it? I would be comfortable in cut offs and flip flops in Chops on formal night. Will see if the let me in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A few observations

●Had a great time. Ship looks great!

●Crew is outstanding

●Yes, smelled a slight sewage smell on deck 6 for a day or so. No, and I know this is hard to believe, it did NOT ruin our vacation! (I know, crazy)

●Ate at Chops on formal night in jeans and a polo. They were happy to have us and I did not ruin anyone else's meal!

●No breakfast available in Johnny Rockets. Not sure when they stopped this ●Lots of kids (including ours) Adventure Ocean staff great and most kids did not want to leave when it was time!

Thanks for the information! Where was your cabin? what type? :) Was there some kind of problem with the sewage/bathrooms? :)

Edited by Tropicalgal2

I'm sure you wouldn't ruin my meal but just curious. Did you purposely wear jeans to see if they would allow it? I would be comfortable in cut offs and flip flops in Chops on formal night. Will see if the let me in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will be on the outside looking in, they will never let you in with cut offs and flip flops on formal night...........maybe the first night when you tell them your luggage hasn't arrived yet on embarkment day...........but not every after the first night, won't happen.

Jimbo :)

Edited by Jimbo

You will be on the outside looking in, they will never let you in with cut offs and flip flops on formal night...........maybe the first night when you tell them your luggage hasn't arrived yet on embarkment day...........but not every after the first night, won't happen.

Jimbo :)

Maybe throw in a bathrobe?

Cabin 6672. Balcony AFT Port side. No sewage issue. Just joking (sort of) because some people make such a big deal about it. I've never been on a cruise where I didn't smell it somewhere sometime.

Chops manager: "we turn NOBODY away" I wore jeans because I don't dress up on vacation. Just proving a point to some on the boards. ;-)

We stayed on the ship for the most part. Did the turtle farm in Grand Cayman. Nice!

We were on the same cruise. Had a good time too. We are at chops dressed up..wouldn't have bothered me one bit to have someone in shorts sitting next to me. I really got sick of changing my clothes so much!! Prefer to have been in swimsuit or shorts the entire time!! We were on deck 2 outside, very small stateroom for 2 adults and 2 teens, we dealt with it though... Next time will be smart and get 2 adjoining rooms! The ports of call were just okay and preferred the days we were at sea. Did enjoy Cozumel's paradise beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cabin 6672. Balcony AFT Port side. No sewage issue. Just joking (sort of) because some people make such a big deal about it. I've never been on a cruise where I didn't smell it somewhere sometime.

Chops manager: "we turn NOBODY away" I wore jeans because I don't dress up on vacation. Just proving a point to some on the boards. ;-)

We stayed on the ship for the most part. Did the turtle farm in Grand Cayman. Nice!

We are interested in going to the turtle farm in GC. Can you give any information on how you went, what you liked-didn't like, anything that shouldn't be missed. Any info. will be most helpful. Thanks.

Glad to hear you had a good time and the ship looks good ! We board her next Sunday !

We too board Sunday, April 27. We're on Deck 6, and I certainly hope the sewage smell is gone, because I have a very weak stomach with a high-gag reflex. :eek:

We were also on the same cruise. We went to Chops on the first formal night. My husband wore dress shirt and trousers but not a sports coat. I wore capris and sweater. We didn't feel out of place. The food and service were excellent, couldn't have ask for anything better. The MDR on the other hand has definitely declined. I thought the service was poor, unlike previous cruises on rccl that we have taken. This was our 5th cruise with royal Caribbean, once on the navigator and 3 times on the Explorer. The staff isn't as attentive and you get this feeling that your bothering them if you ask for anything. The food was good though, not great but good. The service you receive in Chops is what the service used to be like in the MDR. The cruise otherwise was great.

Thank you so much. We are in the forward on 9 . . . That is why I asked. :) Every business and cruise ship will have a smell at some time or another. :)