Cabin Baha deck at the back of the Emerald Princess

jcruizer

Before I book my next cruise I was wondering if someone can help with our cabin choice. There is a couple of cabins on the Baha deck that face the back. These are deluxe balconies. Does anyway know of any issues. I think its the Emerald.

Thanks for any help. Long way to travel from Australia and not have picked a good one :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Before I book my next cruise I was wondering if someone can help with our cabin choice. There is a couple of cabins on the Baha deck that face the back. These are deluxe balconies. Does anyway know of any issues. I think its the Emerald.

Thanks for any help. Long way to travel from Australia and not have picked a good one :)

I think you are speaking about the Category B4 cabins that face aft. If you like looking over the aft of the ship these are nice selections with cabins above and below you. If you can, select B748 or 749 with the corner balconies. Also B750 and B751 have larger balconies. Note that almost all balcony category cabins, including these, have the same interior layout. The designations of Premium, and the various others BA, BB, BC etc only have to do with location on the ship, the cabins and cabin amenities are all the same. Locations which Princess feels are more desirable are classified higher and cost more.

We had our first aft balcony last fall, but on emerald deck , Vista suite.

We absolutely loved the wake view, could sit out for hours watching. IMHO much nicer than a side view, where you can miss land views if you happen to be on the sea side.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

We have had C752. Which was great. Loved the larger balcony. I do believe there is a vent at the back and some of the B deck balconies can get a bit smelly. It's worth checking that out before booking. However The outer bakconies should be fine.

Had B749 on CB in March. Great cabin. Roomy balcony. Only thing we disliked was the seating. Only two chairs, no love seat.

One recommendation. Do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. Wife said she has never felt so special.

Now smelly is not something I had thought about... So cabin B757 would not be idea....

There is a penthouse cabin right above so surely they would not stink them out....

Please if anyone knows about the "smells" that has been mentioned, add your info. We are booking tomorrow and as we are cancelling our 1/2 world cruise to do this one, we would not want to cancel or change again....

• 3 months later...

We have travelled three times in B748, one of the corner rooms along with B749. We love the larger balcony and the fantastic views over the wake, especially as we sail away from ports. We also find the sound of the wake is quite restful.

On our recent Mediterranean cruise, B748 had already been taken so we went for B751. I knew that this has a structural support column which could be a bit of an obstruction but the balcony floor area is huge so it seemed worth it. I'm so glad we did. There was plenty of room for two loungers, two chairs and a drinks table. We had the loungers by the balcony rail for sunbathing, and there was a sheltered space behind the column for me to keep out of the sun (I burn easily).

We noticed that the next rooms along (B752 & 753) have much smaller balconies. If you ask Princess when booking, they will tell you the sq ft area of each balcony.

We have never had any issues with smells on the five occasions we have travelled in wake rooms at the back of the ship.

Well i have a normal side balcony this year on the Royal. The Emerald we ended up going for a mini suite as the price was comparable to the end cabin. However we are planning on an end cabin on our now Asian cruise in 2016. Ww have a little one along the way as well but thats only a short one so don't care too much where we are....

Loved the comments, thank you

Edited by jcruizer

• 2 years later...
We have travelled three times in B748, one of the corner rooms along with B749. We love the larger balcony and the fantastic views over the wake, especially as we sail away from ports. We also find the sound of the wake is quite restful.

On our recent Mediterranean cruise, B748 had already been taken so we went for B751. I knew that this has a structural support column which could be a bit of an obstruction but the balcony floor area is huge so it seemed worth it. I'm so glad we did. There was plenty of room for two loungers, two chairs and a drinks table. We had the loungers by the balcony rail for sunbathing, and there was a sheltered space behind the column for me to keep out of the sun (I burn easily).

We noticed that the next rooms along (B752 & 753) have much smaller balconies. If you ask Princess when booking, they will tell you the sq ft area of each balcony.

We have never had any issues with smells on the five occasions we have travelled in wake rooms at the back of the ship.

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but I noticed your comment about having loungers on the balcony.

We will be sailing on the Emerald and LOVE aft cabins. C752 and 753 are already taken.

We have a choice between B 752, 754, 755 and 751.

I know that B751 has the larger balcony with the beam so was going to avoid it for that reason but if you can put loungers there that sounds wonderful!

(Years ago we were allowed to put loungers on the balcony but then were told we no longer could because it was a fire hazard. Have they lifted that restriction now that there is no smoking on the balconies?)

Also, does the deep balcony and the beam make the cabin dark?

Thanks all!