Does NCL sell Ginger Ale?

Prinycesa07

Just found out that I'm pregnant with baby #3 last week & we are sailing next week. Nausea has already started coming & going. Ginger ale was all that helped with baby #1. Would rather not bring my own but will if they don't have any on ship. Thanks.

Congratulations! Yes, ginger ale at any of the bars, it's fountain if you're using the soda card. If not, you can buy the cans from most bars. THey won't give you the can with the soda card unfortunately.

Have you tried the candied ginger? You could carry that with you and have it in case it strikes at an inconvenient time.

Nope, no soda card. I gave up soda years ago but will have to take it up again for the next couple months LOL!

Ginger candies are a great idea! I hope I can find some in the next few days!

And thank you :) We're excited. And nervous. Hehe.

If you have a bulk food store near you they will have them. I was in shopping one day, a lady came running in, grabbed them, didn't even close the bag, threw them at the clerk, yelled the code to weigh them and then stuffed one in her mouth. Having BTDT, I couldn't laugh, just gave her my sympathy.

Ginger beer- never heard of it! Thank you, I love these tips!

No whole foods or fresh market. Maybe trader joes? Will check there tomorrow.

Soaring- LOL poor lady! Morning sickness is no joke! I use to think people we're exaggerating until I actually got it. Barf!!!!

Congrats

I would recommend bringing your own 12 pack of ginger ale for a few reasons.

1. No one should pay $2+ for a can of soda or a fountain drink of soda.

2. You really wouldn't want to have to wait for room service or have to run out of the room to get one if the feeling strikes.

3. You really don't have to carrry it on, slap a baggage tag on it and they'll bring it to your room with your bags.

We normally swing by a local store and pick up a 12 pack regardless if it's $4.99 since I know it's still way cheaper than on board. Plus fountain doesn't have the same strength as from a bottle or can.

I thought that ginger beer did contain alcohol, so I looked it up. It does. But it's very minor. In any event, I thought the information in this short article was sort of interesting.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1438420/

I tried, unsuccessfully, to get diet ginger ale on the Jade in January 2014. They only had regular, but I was able to get cans.

Congratulations to the OP!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Just found out that I'm pregnant with baby #3 last week & we are sailing next week. Nausea has already started coming & going. Ginger ale was all that helped with baby #1. Would rather not bring my own but will if they don't have any on ship. Thanks.

I don't have an issue with motion sickness however my DW does. She uses these supplement's called Ginger Trips. I've attached below.

IMG_20140422_101355_257.jpg.8c23cc65e06204f0dc8d2a99a8569340.jpg

Congratulations.

Was on the BA a couple weeks ago and the ginger ale was Schwepps as I recall it being on several prior cruises on other NCL ships (at least what they had in cans). I took a picture because someone else asked about it a couple months ago.

That brand doesn't contain any ginger as an FYI so maybe the candies would be better option.

Edited by dexddd