Does RCCL drop prices in suites with less that a week to go?

How many are left? If higher priced cabins are not selling and lower priced ones are in demand, they might just upgrade passengers in the higher C&A tiers. Doesn't hurt to keep checking though.

I was hoping RCCL would lower price on there owners suite snce it just 6 days to go?? Hal always had great deals if suites were still unsold with a week or 2 to go.

I wouldn't count on it. Like gerif says, usually if there are a number of suites available then the Diamond Plus and Pinnacle's will get upgraded.

I was hoping RCCL would lower price on there owners suite snce it just 6 days to go?? Hal always had great deals if suites were still unsold with a week or 2 to go.

Are you already in a Grand Suite? If not, that is a really good price for a GS. :)

Can you get an upgrade if 1) final payment has been made, and 2) the cabin to be upgraded to is cheaper than the current cabin

Normally yes. However, if the price of the better stateroom is restricted in any way, such as a new booking price, then they may refuse the upgrade.

Normally yes. However, if the price of the better stateroom is restricted in any way, such as a new booking price, then they may refuse the upgrade.

How do I know if a cabin is restricted? Should I call my travel agent?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do I know if a cabin is restricted? Should I call my travel agent?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you booked through a travel agent, then you must always go through your travel agent. You give up your ability to deal directly with the cruise line on these matters.

I think from what I have heard that they are more likely to be offering existing bookings a good deal on an upgrade. We had that a couple of years ago, we were rung up and offered a nice price from JS to GS about a week out from sailing.

Other threads here have mentioned that the last minute prices are more likely to go up than down. I have been a bit sceptical about early bird prices, but after seeing prices increase quite often, even doubling, I am thinking the cruise lines are keener to get people to commit earlier, and then reward them for that with the cheaper upgrades.

I think from what I have heard that they are more likely to be offering existing bookings a good deal on an upgrade. We had that a couple of years ago, we were rung up and offered a nice price from JS to GS about a week out from sailing.

Other threads here have mentioned that the last minute prices are more likely to go up than down. I have been a bit sceptical about early bird prices, but after seeing prices increase quite often, even doubling, I am thinking the cruise lines are keener to get people to commit earlier, and then reward them for that with the cheaper upgrades.

Waiting for my rewards!;)

I wouldn't count on it. Like gerif says, usually if there are a number of suites available then the Diamond Plus and Pinnacle's will get upgraded.

Do they ever upgrade the lower C&A members, or do upgrades always go to the higher levels? :o

Do they ever upgrade the lower C&A members, or do upgrades always go to the higher levels? :o

There are two kinds of upgrades, revenue and C&A. The revenue upgrades happen first, and can go to anyone regardless of C&A level. If there are any staterooms left after the revenue upgrades, then they go by C&A points.

There are two kinds of upgrades, revenue and C&A. The revenue upgrades happen first, and can go to anyone regardless of C&A level. If there are any staterooms left after the revenue upgrades, then they go by C&A points.

Good morning Bob.

I guess I'll have to keep checking those revenue upgrades then. Price on the JS upgrade for both weeks of our cruise is up a little this morning.

Good morning Bob.

I guess I'll have to keep checking those revenue upgrades then. Price on the JS upgrade for both weeks of our cruise is up a little this morning.

Good morning, and good luck with an upgrade!:)

Good morning, and good luck with an upgrade!:)

It would be nice, but I'm really happy we were able to stay in the same D2 for both weeks. A price drop would be nice though. Seems like there's still quite a few left in our category.

We kept moving up categories for our Adventure cruise earlier this month until we thought we settled in nicely with a Grand Suite. About three weeks out the Owners suite price dropped to what appeared to be about what we paid, (but there were three of us and I could only see the price drop for two from my alert). Anyway, I called, the rep said he hadn't seen quite a drop like that for us. I paid an additional TOTAL of $4.00 for all of us to get the owner suite and it was suite indeedy. Pretty awesome.

From what I understand if its some deal like new booking etc. if you aren't paying anything you might not be eligible, but if it adds up to even one dollar more, they honor the upsell. The one and only royal suite also kept dropping but finally was snatched up by someone. It never got low enough for me to bite.

If you booked through a travel agent, then you must always go through your travel agent. You give up your ability to deal directly with the cruise line on these matters.

I find it a lot better for us to deal directly with the cruise line as we get better service. in our experience anyways.

Yes, true what Bob is saying. the D+ and Pinnacle's will always get first dibs on the C&A upgrades but sure any C&A level would be getting them.

Owner suite is still 3500 a person, but new grand suite just opened and I took that not sure if it worth the extra money, I sure we will stick with JS for next cruise. Too bad GS does not have diamond discount like JS has.

Owner suite is still 3500 a person, but new grand suite just opened and I took that not sure if it worth the extra money, I sure we will stick with JS for next cruise. Too bad GS does not have diamond discount like JS has.

:confused::confused::confused: Every cabin with a balcony including the Suite categories has the same Diamond Discount.

:confused::confused::confused: Every cabin with a balcony including the Suite categories has the same Diamond Discount.

Confused me too, but I thought that maybe the poster was referring to the C&A coupon discount, and that discount was not offered on the GS.

Confused me too, but I thought that maybe the poster was referring to the C&A coupon discount, and that discount was not offered on the GS.

Yes I was talking about cost reduction to suite which is good up to a JS