Gift Orders

cp556

I just had occasion to look at the Carnival Bon Voyage gift orders (for a friend who is sailing Carnival soon). The differences between their offerings and HAL's is astounding ....

Carnival's floral arrangements are much more expensive than HAL's. That surprised me. And there's not as large a selection.

Carnival offers bottled beverages for the cabin ... various assortments of bottled Purified Water and Spring Water at various prices.

I didn't check the wine category, but I think it's smaller than HAL offers.

I know the demographics are widely different between Carnival and HAL, but the gift order disparity was interesting to me.

Thanks for the information. I have never checked Carnival's gift offerings.

I think it would make for an interesting comparison. Each cruise line has this information available publicly and it's not generally subject to pricing changes and sales.

DH and I have been sailing on Carnival mostly lately and will be on the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam in November. We always buy flowers and a bottle of liquor ahead of time to have in the cabin. Carnival's liquor has gotten so expensive and so have the flowers. When we booked the NA for Thanksgiving week this year, I looked at the HAL gift list and was amazed at how much less expensive it will be to order liquor (can order 2 bottles for the price of 1 on Carnival) and a floral arrangement.

We are sailing on HAL next year on a 36 day Aus/NZ cruise. My husband and I enjoy a cocktail (s) our balcony. We are planning to order 8 (yes 8!) liters from the gift dept. The prices aren't great...but worth it for the convenience of having it in the room. Has anyone experienced problems with a relatively large order of alcohol?

Been a few years but the price for a bottle of vodka for the room was $80 on Celebrity versus just under $40 for HAL. Think Celebrity threw in a couple of cans of tonic - maybe to offset the price difference lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are sailing on HAL next year on a 36 day Aus/NZ cruise. My husband and I enjoy a cocktail (s) our balcony. We are planning to order 8 (yes 8!) liters from the gift dept. The prices aren't great...but worth it for the convenience of having it in the room. Has anyone experienced problems with a relatively large order of alcohol?

You should not have any difficulty purchasing whatever you wish.

Keep in mind, you don't have to order all you may wish to have in advance of boarding. You could order half the bottles in advance and perhaps more as the cruise progresses if you wnat additional bottles. Room Service/Bar Department will sell you the same bottles at the same pricing.

We always buy flowers and a bottle of liquor ahead of time to have in the cabin. Carnival's liquor has gotten so expensive and so have the flowers. When we booked the NA for Thanksgiving week this year, I looked at the HAL gift list and was amazed at how much less expensive it will be to order liquor (can order 2 bottles for the price of 1 on Carnival) and a floral arrangement.
Don't forget that you can also order flowers when you get on board. The selection available is much more extensive than on the website pre-order list. And it doesn't delay the flowers much. Last time, the arrangement was delivered to the room within 2 hours of my ordering it at the front desk.

You should not have any difficulty purchasing whatever you wish.

Keep in mind, you don't have to order all you may wish to have in advance of boarding. You could order half the bottles in advance and perhaps more as the cruise progresses if you wnat additional bottles. Room Service/Bar Department will sell you the same bottles at the same pricing.

Thank you so much for the info! Now, we can plan appropriately. Less then 1 year out...so much to plan...so little time (LOL!). Thanks again.